Ideas for A Possible Season 11...

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by miamirocks, Apr 22, 2012.

1. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Hey everybody,

With the season ending early, and Miami's renewal up in the air, I thought we could discuss some possible plots/story ideas for Season 11 (if there is one...)

Actually, mine would never happen (and may seem more like a fanfic), but I was watching "Dexter" recently and thought it would be cool to see a Horatio Caine vs. Dexter Morgan showdown, or at least some kind of crossover :) They mention Miami-Dade all the time, and it would be pretty awesome. :thumbsup: Maybe Dexter can help Horatio see what an emotionless monster he's becoming and stop him from seeking revenge, especially b/c he still has his family.

Actually, Dexter and H do have some stuff in common.

Both had traumatic childhood events. Second, Dexter's wife was murdered and so was Horatio's, both out of vengence. Both killed their wife's murderer, although Dexter killed Trinity before he learned he killed his wife. Both have a "code" and believe strongly in justice being served. Both have taken the law into their own hands. The only difference is the ritualistic and brutal way Dexter kills his victims. But an interesting character comparison nonetheless.

Both shows do a great job showing off Miami and they've even used the same guest stars at times. I just thought interaction between H and Dexter would be cool. Plus CBS does have the rights to show Dexter on regular TV.

However, I know there's really no chance in hell of actually seeing this, so if anyone has any more plausible input/story ideas, let's hear 'em :thumbsup:

2. bgnogan

bgnogan Hit and Run

Great thread! I thought about a CSI:Miami/Dexter crossover before. I still think it would be pretty cool.

As for my ideas, I think it would be wonderful if they made the show a bit more realistic like it was in the earlier seasons. They should also bring back the old H already, I miss that guy. And fix the relationship between him and Calleigh too.

3. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Long time know post for me, But sin TPTB are trying to shut down the show and they ended us with a lot of dangling in the wind stuff, I kinda wish they would let the fan lead the direction of the show! If they wanted to end it on a high note they should take the fans suggestions and then maybe poll us to see what we liked and then write the eps. to reflect our taste! But I know that is a pipe dream. I wish they would make it a fan interactive season. I would like to see them get some new writers and quite dipping into the other seasons to get their material. Jeez. I mean when you watch an Ep. and it looks like they've taken various part and line from one season and put them all together to make one ep.! Whats up with that! time to get some new writes! To be honest i've always said we have Fan fic writers better than the show writers. Why not let the fans have a crack at it. Really! what have they got to loose they killing it on their own we can do any worse.

4. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Nice story, miamirocks, but Horatio against ANOTHER serial killer? :p That might work if someone could come up with a good fanfic for it. ;) They just need to go back to the way it was the first couple seasons. I miss the "old" Horatio, too. Bring back that old team interaction; work more as a group.

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Perfect suggestion mulder .
    There was better team interaction,team work and episodes for each team member to have a chance to shine during the early seasons.

6. dollydarwloo

dollydarwloo Civilian

I have to agree about making the show more realistic.Like it was in the 1st-2seasons. Also they just left Kyle, Madison & Susie, and Jennifer hanging in limbo as to what beame of them. They need to bring them back also. Also a relationship between Calleigh and Horatio would be more interesting than with Caleigh and Eric. Especially with Calleigh adopting the North children. I have not seen this Dexter program, so maybe it would be something new to bring in once in a while. Yes they need to get back more to working as a team than trying to out do one another. Omar Miller is a refreshing new face to the team. I like him. It would also be nice once in a while to see more family reaction in it.