Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• D-

• F

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Great episode! Much better than the last, and surprisingly, it was well written. When TV shows have episodes revolving around video games there's often things that are just plain wrong. And being an avid gamer, I didn't find any mistakes. The writers did a good job at keeping things how they really are in the gaming universe. :thumbsup:

The case was average IMO, and I kind of figured it would be 2nd place guy when they first focused the camera on him receiving his ribbon.

Random: Why are Flack and Danny always the only two that are chasing suspects? :rolleyes:

Both of the games featured in this episode, 'Gears of War' and 'Halo' are produced by Microsoft, a huge sponsor of all 3 CSI shows. :)

AND THE ENDING WAS GREAT! Mac playing Xbox was the best. CSI + Xbox = LOVE. :lol:

Hey, I thought the end was cool too. Didn't think that I would see the boss sit down and play a video game! Speaking of Microsoft, I didn't realize they were still a major sponsor off all three CSI Shows. I have seen thier ads on CBS within commercial breaks of other shows. Microsoft must have bought a "advertising package deal" with CBS, who really needs money to stay ahead.

Peace:)

This episode was pretty good. One of the better ones all season, really. I still don't get why they STILL always try to fake us out by making it seem like the case was going to be about the guy serving papers to someone. It's so played out now. I wish we could have just started at the video game thing and there had been more clues and characters and suspects that had to do in that world.

The case itself was okay. It was a lot better than the last one and I didn't expect the end, with the killer to be so sympathetic and emotional, so that was a really unexpected surprise. But it was kinda dumb that they just found the murder site by randomly noticing that the statue wasn't holding a weapon. Seems like they should have at least been searching for more stuff before finding it. But that also why it seemed stupid to waste time at the bike shop. I thought they got a lot of the video game stuff right, even though they didn't get into it as much as I was hoping. But it was nice to see an actual modern topic on a CSI show and see it done some justice. Most of the time my big complaint about the show is that even when the twists in the cases are good, what the case is about tends to be something old fashioned like families of criminals, some convoluted heist gone wrong, neighborhood turf wars, or gimmicky scavenger hunts.

Character stuff was better than usual -- the little of it there was. I liked that they stayed away from Mac's lame rotating cast of love interests and Jo's dumb family. There was some really funny stuff, but I wished there had been more and don't know why they didn't let there be more humor. The stuff with Jo & Sid and Danny & Adam playing the game was great. I also really liked the chemistry between Flack and the Booth Babe. Those were some of the best scenes. At first I got excited because it seemed like they were setting something up that was really cool and she was an interesting character -- much better than how the women guest parts usually are -- but then it just kind of went away. Maybe she'll be back again later in the season.

You Folks have got me confused. The episode that you are talking about, "The gamer" was on here over two weeks ago.

I couldn't watch TV in Peace in my house last night. I'll have to go back today to Comcast/Xfinity on Demand and see which one aired. All I could remember is that at the end Danny joined his group for a drink.

Is CBS and/or affiliates running behind in some of the U.S. and Canada?

They showed the previews on CBS last night, and they showed a scene where Mac gets shot, which *I think* is the one of the last two episodes for the season. I watch Miami more than I do NY, and I only have Season 2 of NY on DVD, so I'm lost.:confused:

Peace

You Folks have got me confused. The episode that you are talking about, "The gamer" was on here over two weeks ago.

I couldn't watch TV in Peace in my house last night. I'll have to go back today to Comcast/Xfinity on Demand and see which one aired. All I could remember is that at the end Danny joined his group for a drink.

They showed the previews on CBS last night, and they showed a scene where Mac gets shot, which *I think* is the one of the last two episodes for the season. I watch Miami more than I do NY, and I only have Season 2 of NY on DVD, so I'm lost.:confused:

Peace

It was a re run last night. I am going to check out the other shows this coming week to see how many ads are run.

Peace
In the promo they say, "...leading up to the finale.." and then cut to the scene of Mac getting shot. So that promo is for next week's episode (16), with a teaser for the finale which will be two weeks after that. Hope that makes sense and helps :)

Back