Desperate Housewives

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by RBC, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Re: Desperate Housewives *may contain spoilers*

Bumping up. :)

2. suave_elle

suave_elle Dead on Arrival

Re: Desperate Housewives *may contain spoilers*

i just started watching desperate housewives about 2 months ago and am really into it and season 3 is great.. full of surprises but i do find the storyline at the beginning a bit dull..

3. suave_elle

suave_elle Dead on Arrival

i like Caleb's character... it's a waste for them to remove his storyline...he potrays an important part of the neighbourhood and the Applewhite's family stories..

4. RBC

RBC Coroner

Last night's ep was very good. I couldn't stop laughing when Gabrielle pushed Carlos through that window, and when Lynette kicked in the door and made the spine comment. This episode really felt like you were brought back to season 1. Also because of the storyline; they really made me curious. Orson, Mike and that Bigsby guy did Monique? And I'm beginning to think that Orson likes to beat redhaired women.

5. RBC

RBC Coroner

OMG! :eek:
    Last night's episode was so great. I loved that the did a Christmas ep, since they haven't done one yet (should do one each year). Alma still alive ?! I did so not see that one coming.

6. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

*bumping up*

7. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Desperate Housewives thread.

I'm very suprised that there is no thread dedicated to "Desperate Housewives". This is my current favorite TV Show at the moment and I have been a heavily loyal fan of the show ever since 2005-6-ish when I first began watching it. :)

I really love the cast and have loved most episodes so far. I will admit, it was really sad to lose Edie Britt years ago. My favorite so far is Marcia Cross as Bree. It's so funny how her so-called 'perfect housewife' mantra leads to so much trouble. :lol::guffaw::scream::drool::rommie::drool::lol::):guffaw::cool:

I wonder, how many other fans are there of this show?

8. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Re: Desperate Housewives thread.

^There is a Desperate Housewives thread, I merged your post with it and bumped it up ;).

Remember you can always use the search option at the top of the forum to search for a specific thread that not on the frontpage of the forum :).

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Re: Desperate Housewives thread.

I love this show too. Ive watched from the beginning, and although it can be a bit hit and miss sometimes, generally it is spot on.
    Bree is also my favourite. She has been through so much, but still keeps on going.
    It was a shame how they got rid of Edie, and im not really into Vanessa William's character- she is a pale imitation of Wilhemina Slater.

10. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I am a big fan of this show too...I'va watched from season 1 and more or less like all the seasons, with first and current(well, 7th) being my favourite. I love all the housewives, each is unique. Bree is definitely diabolical mix of perfect housewive and sex symbol; Eva Longoria is the only one who makes me cry from time to time(like that scene in earlier season when the baby she wanted to adopt was taken by her biological mother or recently, when she lost Grace and bought that doll) so I consider her extremely talented and underappreciated. Felicity is an amazing actress and I just love the brilliance of Lynette. Teri is not my favourite actress, but I still like her and find Susan's character a bit similar to my personality, so...;)
    I miss Edie. She was a true funny villain. My friend who works in London's restaurant met Nicolette when she came down for coffee and approached her. She was very nice and gave her nice tips plus an autograph on a napkin ;) But she played villain well. Kathrine was a bit blah to me and I really can't stand Vanessa Williams. She can't play and her mimic is so annoying. Yeah, all of the housewives can be bitches sometimes, but there is nothing funny or friendly about Renee - just irritating. I liked the actress who played Paul's wife - she really was good. Too bad that she will no longer appear in DH :(

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ I agree with your take on the characters. Gabby can be annoying at times, but when she is doing the emotional stuff she really takes you with her. I agree that she is under-rated as an actress. Susan can be annoying, and I can only take her in small doses but she is quite endearing, and I used to love Lois and Clark, so I have liked Teri since then. Lynette can be a bit over the top at times. I thought her silly stunts at getting back at Tom for his affair, a few weeks ago, were very stupid. But Felicity has a good acting range, and her scenes with the murderer last season were some of the most touching in the series.
    Katherine started off well. When there was the mystery to her, it was interesting. But then the whole Mike, Kath and Susan thing did nothing for me and totally ruined her character.
    Yeah, I also liked Paul's wife, Beth. Hmm kinda guessed that Susan wouldnt be waiting those 3 years for a kidney!

12. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Used to watch this but drift in and out with it but i seem to watch quite a lot of Seth more dunno why.. I might rewatch this again at some point but not right now and my fav was Edie

13. EricisCSIcandy

EricisCSIcandy Victim

Any Desperate Housewives Fans?

CSI is my ultimate favourite show but Desperate Housewives is a close second. :) anyone else want to talk about it? Plotlines, favourite/least favourite characters/families?

14. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

we already have a Desperate Housewives thread so I'll bump it up and merge you post with it ;).

bumping this up for a user :).

15. EricisCSIcandy

EricisCSIcandy Victim

Thank you :)