Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah, I agree. But I'm sure the workers who work behind-the-scenes have been used to it and have money saved up, hopefully.

2. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

(Not really the right thread, but we're here now...) I imagine it's somewhat easier for the behind-the-scenes guys. I mean, they don't have to stay with Miami. If you're a good electrician, or whatever, you can probably snap up a month or two's work on something else being filmed. Bit different if you're Adam Rodriguez, or indeed, David Caruso.

I could take issue about whether it would be a hardship for David to be unemployed... But I won't. After all, we none of us know, do we?

3. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

I don't think "unemployed" is a right word for David. Except for "Miami" he has at least one project we know about. As I remember he's going to be a leading actor, producer etc... So, I think he'll have stuff to do.

4. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello,

When all the CSI programs are gone, I'm hoping that David Caruso will be picked up by Hawaii Five-O. Right now, exculding the three CSI Shows, Hawaii Five-O is the best "crime drama show" and I think David would fit right in.

This is just an opinion only. Don't take what I said as the "Gospel Truth". I don't think David will be unempolyed for long after Miami goes off. I do look for a Season 11 (I hope), but my gut feeling is that season 11 will not have as many episodes in it than past seasons.

I am sure David is planning ahead, he knows how these TV Networks are, so I am sure with kids to feed at home, he will be on TV doing something. CSI Miami has done a great thing for him, and has put him at the top of the list of actors to pick from. He has talent, and he is good at what he does, at least I think so.

Peace

5. bgnogan

bgnogan Hit and Run

The writers are definitely to blame for giving David very little to work with, and frankly, very little to say. They generally just give him one liners which is ridiculous. Still, I think David could put a little more energy in his role. Sometimes it seems like he's not even interested lol. But when he's focused he's brilliant.

That's why I said "to me".;) It's a personal choice. I don't watch many shows so I don't know a lot of characters, so I think this is still accurate for me.

6. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

David hardly needs me to fight his corner, but I'll sticks my two cents worth in... He is brilliant and he is dedicated. I firmly believe that the one person with a strong grip on Horatio's character is David himself. If Horatio comes over now as world-weary and defeated (and I'm not necessarily disputing that 'lack of energy' thing) then I believe that is how David sees him. The writers had a massive opportunity to pursue this, back at the beginning of Season 10, and they blew it. The fact that Horatio has changed so much shouldn't actually surprise anyone. How he is now is almost inevitable. I feel David's done what he can to show what that character has gone through, and what's happened to him as a result, but he is severely hampered by what they give him.
    I have a (probably) vain hope that, if we have a Season 11, they go into this a bit more. A few character-driven episodes - Horatio's character. Perhaps, amid the negotiations, they can give David a bit of artistic control over it. I believe he knows what he's doing.

7. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

bgnogan
    Couldn't agree more:thumbsup:

daisymay
    I agree up to the point, but I don't think David is the one who can make such decision about his role. He built his character and still does (at least I hope he's allowed to and wants) but I think the producers as always have the last word.
    And I very much doubt whether he wanted his screentime to be reduced such conciderably and say as bgnogan mentioned quite ridiculous one-liners.

8. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I think I said this, but if CBS wants to, they can move David, and even David's character (Horatio Caine) to another show. He has the best chance than the rest of the CSI Miami cast does.

Oh, look I would look for that Lawyer that played the role of Vogel, he'll end up on Hawaii Five-O for a visit to Steve McGarrett.

Of course, and many hate me saying this, but Horatio Canine can be moved from Miami to Hawaii. In Fiction TV, you can do the impossible!:) I will say this, the only other crime drama shows on CBS that are the best besides the three CSI's are Hawaii Five-O and Criminal Minds.

Pecase

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  9. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

It's interesting suggestion, Jimmi, (and I absolutely not hate you for saying that:)) but I really can't imagine Horatio in Hawaii. Maybe it's because I don't like end don't watch this show.

10. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

I love the character, but I think Horatio Caine should forever remain in Miami, the city he loves so much. His "family" and life are there now. I would love to see David on another show, but not playing H still.

11. bgnogan

bgnogan Hit and Run

Well, I wouldn't mind it if Horatio went back to New York a few times. Maybe work some cases with Mac Taylor again....they really had great chemistry.

12. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Yes--from the first scene they had together. If both shows came back, another crossover would be great! :thumbsup:

Horatio loves Miami too much to leave. If someone is willing to give David a chance to do a different show, I'm there after CSI: Miami is done. :)

13. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

This is random but what its this "North Ranch" thing David is always talking about his Twitter and Facebook pages? :confused:

14. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

It's NORTH RANCH LLC and is DC's newest company/corporation. It is a multi media studio. He also has a Twitter page for CarusoArt. It seems that DC is getting into other projects including some kind of art gallery and (hopefully) acting, as in his proposed movie "Chacarita". Both these things and others, I suspect, are being done under the umbrella of North Ranch.

15. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Damn, you Taylor!! :scream:

[​IMG]

I turn in my badge and my sunglasses. :(