Grade 'Kill Screen'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 6, 2012.

?

How would you grade Kill Screen?

1. A+

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. A

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. A-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. B+

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. B

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  6. B-

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New episode tonight--give it a watch and let us know what you think!

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That was a pretty good episode.

I always enjoy Sid's scenes with Jo.

Loved the moments with Danny and Adam playing the video game and then Jo and Mac joining them later on.

3. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Great episode! Much better than the last, and surprisingly, it was well written. When TV shows have episodes revolving around video games there's often things that are just plain wrong. And being an avid gamer, I didn't find any mistakes. The writers did a good job at keeping things how they really are in the gaming universe. :thumbsup:

The case was average IMO, and I kind of figured it would be 2nd place guy when they first focused the camera on him receiving his ribbon.

Random: Why are Flack and Danny always the only two that are chasing suspects? :rolleyes:

Both of the games featured in this episode, 'Gears of War' and 'Halo' are produced by Microsoft, a huge sponsor of all 3 CSI shows. :)

AND THE ENDING WAS GREAT! Mac playing Xbox was the best. CSI + Xbox = LOVE. :lol:

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I had a lot of fun with this one. Loved the Danny and Adam scenes, was starting to wonder after about a half hour "where the heck is Adam" but then he showed up. The ending was awesome, though I kept thinking of Brass's comment in CSL LV's gamer ep. "When I was their age, I was fighting a real war in a real jungle with real guns".

Another random question: Why use a fake game on regular CSI but real games here? I don't get it.

Had a good laugh at the "maybe they can teach you how to beat your wife at Halo" remark...at least despite them working together, there wasn't a lot of full on D/L moments, it was mostly work related, so maybe there'll be fewer complaints.

5. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Meh, this is going to be a choppy, brief review I think as I'm too tired for much else.

This ep was a bit of an enigma with some great scenes that became diluted and dulled by sequences which made me want to push the fast forward button. Maybe it was because I had higher personal expectations for it given how much of a gamer I am.

First, the good:

- That brief clip of the Halo guys eating at the restaurant was EPIC!!!! :lol:
    - Mac and Flack at a crime scene together is the best :)
    - Jo and Sid are awesome! I love how they brought back the fact that Sid has millions now thanks to his pillow. And then him saying he bought a Dyson :)guffaw:) and that he could only come up with $56,000 worth of stuff that he wanted and Jo said she'd spend that much just on bracelets :lol:
    - Flack was gold once again, both with his initial questioning of the dealer girl and when they brought her in for questioning.
    - Mac knowing how to play video games was great! Although realistically, when exactly would he play them to be that comfortable with 'Gears of Wars'....? :wtf: Jo I can understand what with her having two teenagers, Tyler especially I'm sure having played his share of Gears and Halo and COD. Not to mention she doesn't stay all the extra hours at work that Mac does... It was awesome to see him surprise Adam, but I'm just saying, it didn't fit. (sorry, I guess I snuck in one of my bad points...)
    - Mac in a dark shirt is hot ;)
    - Also, I'm not sure if Gary tweaked the script from anything they might have originally had, but Mac mentioning spending his Saturdays playing Asteroids made me instantly think of when Gary related in an interview about when he and Malkovich were performing 'True West' in NYC and Malkovich (because his role was much more over the top than Sinise's) was wined and dined by various producers and Gary was rather left out and would spend his evenings and weekends eating sandwiches and playing 'Asteroids' at the mall by himself. And even if it was by accident (although I do think the fact that it was 'Asteroids' wasn't), it was a nice little connection to Gary's early real life past like the 'Taxi Driver' reference back in s6 :)

The bad:

- D/L, just go away! In that whole middle section with them and Flack going to the gaming convention I just wanted to strangle them both. Even Flack looked like he was barely tolerating them "good-naturedly" getting at each other over their gaming (or lack thereof) skills. And the scene overall with all the atmosphere shots just went on F.O.R.E.V.E.R. Flack's interview of that one girl was the only good part of the entire thing.
    - Sheldon ruined what could have been an awesome Mac/Flack scene when they were going over the victim's car. I got so excited when I saw the two of them walking towards it.....and then Hawkes appeared and literally pushed his way between them and in the middle of everything and the whole scene fell flat. It had gold potential and was ruined.
    - I already mentioned the end scene and my problem with it. Again, I loved how Mac just took the controller and non-nonchalantly started playing, but there's just no way.
    - And the whole episode just dragged. It was a great example of how sometimes a 2-crime episode would be perfect, because that's what this was. It would have been great to be an A or B case, but there just wasn't enough for it to stand on its own.

So overall I was disappointed and was left going 'meh'.

B-

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Hmm, maybe I didn't hear all of the Danny/Lindsay/Flack convention scene...I thought the only D/L part was the quip about Halo...didn't realize there was more. Might have to call the ep up on On Demand one night to clear up my confusion. I didn't catch Flack's reaction either. Of course, I say don't go away, but I could see how some fans might think those type of scenes get in the way of moving the plot along. Especially when the scene goes on as long as that one did lol

I forgot to mention Jo and Sid. That was cool.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  7. Rena

Rena Rookie

I cannot say if this episode was better than the last one, because I didn't like it either. All I liked was the teasing and funny moments between the characters like Jo and Danny (the boo*s-waitress), Jo and Sid (a Dyson vs. bracelets) or Adam's assumption that Mac was too old school to know how to play XBox. The rest was just "blöd", as we call it in German. I gave it a C again...

Btw. the actor who played the gamer who ended up being the murderer was previously on NCIS, playing the annoying probie :lol:

8. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

MacsGirlMel, you can watch part of the Danny/Lindsay/Flack scene in this clip. They don't appear until about half-way through. I loved the comment from Flack, "Save it for the bedroom, you two."

Flack sure did a lot of flirting with the girl, both at the convention and in the interrogation room.

9. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

:lol:that line from flack could have come from this board though

10. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

The first kiss with family was ridiculous. I hope Christine remains rare. The Screentime should be better used for the lab.

11. MissJanet

MissJanet Victim

Maybe it was just me but most of the cast phoned their lines in, everyone seemed rather tired. The case was, well, lame. What really annoyed me was the ending. For people who regulary have to do with victims and always seem to care, the ego-shooting, kill-them-all enthusiasm seemed out of character. I found it in bad taste.

12. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

One of my friends suggested that Anna was having trouble with her lines when she was talking to Jo about the helmet.

I'm sure the cast was tired, sometimes I think maybe they want the show to end so they can do something else.

13. MissJanet

MissJanet Victim

Yes, it certainly looks like this.

14. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

This one had me interested up until the end and I'm not a video game player so that was a plus. Unfortunately the motive and criminal were again pretty lame so it made the case resolution unsatisfying. There were some good character moments again this week and I loved the end with Mac, Jo, Adam and Danny. I gave this one a B.

15. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I didn't appreciate the episode the first time I saw it last Friday night. I think I was too overwhelmed by the amount of coolness (sorry for the word :lol:) from the video game convention scenes and the character moments. But when I watched it again, it made me care more about the case and the episode as a whole. Another good episode. But my opinion about the motive didn't change: it was lame. I hope the remaining three episodes have some more depth, like the last three episodes of season 7.