"Time of Your Death" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 28, 2006.

1. nova_fan

nova_fan Dead on Arrival

Whew! I just read all the posts since Thursday night, when I posted that I thought the episode was great.

What a lot of diverse opinions on this episode.

I really thought it was pretty darn interesting. I like the episodes where there's a twist, and this one had that. Who'd ever have expected that the guy ended up getting killed by some rich Korean guy's bodyguards after he accused the rich guy of "not being good enough" for the girl, but the guy had nothing at all to do with the girl. And the victim had no idea that he was on the receiving end of a huge (expense wise) gift from his boss the producer. And the whole evening was all set up to make him happy.

I found it intriguing. I also loved all the one liners mentioned by others above. And Brass is just perfect. I LOVE that character; I just wish he'd had a bigger part in this episode.

As far as the glances are concerned. They were a small part of this episode. And I personally do not find anything weird about the idea that after a few years of casual flirting off and on that Grissom might finally be ready to begin (baby steps - i.e. the glances and the flirting) to initiate a relationship with Sara. And (ok, this should go on the shippers forum, but I feel I need to post this because of what others have already posted on this thread) I think they have LOTS of chemistry. I think tptb have for the last six years been showing that he's got seriously deep feelings for her, and she for him, and this episode shows follows up on that nicely.
    Apparently some people already have some ideas about what's going to happen in the two-part season finale, but I'm studiously avoiding reading any of them. I prefer to be surprised.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Actually you have to bow at the feet of the owner Christian and his faithful admin T'Bonz, together with their trusty tech Antony, But we as mods did ask for it. :lol:

BTW didn't I yell at you a couple pages back? I think I did. HMMMM :D :p

3. CSI_Gal

CSI_Gal Prime Suspect

For me, the best part of this episode was seeing Julie Benz. (Buffy/Angel fan here)

I thought the episode was ok but not as good as last week.

4. lemon_grass

lemon_grass CSI Level Two

^^^ Lol D! Yes, I believe you did. And I would've yelled back too if I hadn't gotten cross-eyed reading through the GSR-ness. :D Just at you the sanity challenged mod though, not at stern Nicky. :p I'd never yell at Nicky! *pets*

5. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

Amen to that ;)

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Boat is taking on water again. GLANCES toward the shipper thread ... pro shippers - out of their boat docks - and in "Time of Your Death" threads - are killing me more and more by the minute ...

7. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I had to comment on this, because I agree with it wholeheartedly. I'm a GSR shipper, so I've seen it from the beginning, but to those who ship something else, and even to me, I HAVE admitted this, this ep came out of nowhere and was really strong. I mean, usually this relationship is quite subtle, but this season has been seriously wanting in this department.

I can think of many reasons for the downplaying of the relationship or sparks through most of the season, but they sorta threw it at us last night saying "accept it! take it!" I understand this is sweeps, and new viewers may not know about the history of these characters and their relationship (romantic or not). So, they wanted to help new viewers get a handle on the situation. However, despite my shipper heart, it was a bit heavy-handed. Actually, I only watch the last scene, because the other ones don't make as much sense, or seem TOO overt.

So, I understand why the reaction to this is not entirely positive from those who do not ship GSR, regardless of if they ship at all. It was heavy-handed. For a GSR-fan it was a complete surprise (even for those of us who are spoiled), but as a fan of the series in general, I agree it was a bit much...

I just think TPTB were trying to make up for this season not having a lot of GSR moments, but they did it too quickly, rather than a few small moments gradually. Sure, we've had a quip or two here and there in the last ten or so eps, but nothing to this magnitude EVER. I could go on and delve into that topic, but I think that's best for Shipper Central.

That said, it was overwhelming, and I am honestly surprised more people are not upset. I'm a multi-shipper, so though I don't always post everywhere, I read a lot, and MOST people are handling themselves quite maturely. A few are not, unfortunately, those few stand out, and each of us is a representative of our ship/non-ship. We should all try to remember that when posting in non-Shipper Central threads. :)

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't understand what the problem with the ending was. Even though I am not particularly crazy about CSI turning into a soap opera (which it obviously never will anyway) I think the glances in the end were really sweet - maybe it wasn't subtle, and maybe it was a little overwhelming after an entire season of ignoring each other but thinking back on episodes like invisible evidence or the infamous play with fire this wasn't any different than what happened here.

Personally I think it would be nice to see this actually going some where - chemistry or no chemistry the will they/won't they has been going on since the first appearance of Sara Sidle and after 6 seasons some resolution is needed

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

CSI CAME IN #3 BOTH WEEKS- ;) Am. Idol beating them both and now that is't almost over- back to #1--

Source- Neilsen Media Research-also there's a rating chart on "MISCELLANEOUS' which is poted on Fri. after CSI is on just a heads up- so it's still rockin' and rollin'

10. hollie

hollie Pathologist

GSR annoys me .. no effence .. but it's not going anywhere

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I just watched the episode, again... :( All hope is lost.

I still will watch the show even if they do get together...

Aaaah. :( *sings* Kumbaya, my lord...kumbaya....

12. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

No offense meant here, creegan, but we're only discussing the episode, which, whether you like it or not, contained at least one major GSR scene ;) :)

13. Guest

Guest Guest

:) Uh.. uh... there was a Hodges/Catherine scene in this eppy too...

Who here ships Hodges and Catherine?

I DO!! *raises hand*

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Heh. Nice try ;)

15. hollie

hollie Pathologist

no offence .. but i think your the only one