"Time of Your Death" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 28, 2006.

1. NickyCat

NickyCat Dead on Arrival

Count me in as anti-GSR. I see no chemistry between them. Of course it dosen't help that I find Sara and (to some extent) Grissom to be completely sexless and boring. For me the most believeble "ships" are based in friendship that evlove into something more. I don't find them believable as friends much less as lovers or the loves of each others lives.

After Nick, Warrick and Catherine are my favorite characters and i don't want them to hook up either. I dont see why they just cant leave Tina and Warrick alone.

My thoghts exactly. The episode did have some good scenes and lines
    though.
    Especially the whole Hodges/Catherine scene. :lol:

2. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

It was downright creepy :p

3. Guest

Guest Guest

To each their own :)

4. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

LOL yeah I guess so ;)

5. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

sorry if this has already been asked..but who wrote and directed this episode?

6. assumenothing

assumenothing Rookie

Personally, I don't think it was as good as Rashomama (That one was fantastic- really some great funny moments, and it was different too) but I don't think it was a bad episode. I don't think they could've really made it a lot better. I see it as the calm before the storm, the last time we see the team joking around and working a normal case before the finale.

I absolutely loved that they mentioned Greggo's birthday. I knew it was on Friday and was planning to celebrate it, and then they mentioned it and it made me happy for some reason. I felt in the loop, I guess. :)

All in all, pretty good episode, and I think the GSR moments were just to lead up to something else later. The show is NOT soapy people! Lost is soapy. CSI is not.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

is Lost soapy? I've never seen it before but I thought it was all mystery and adventure. I thought desperate housewives / OC was soapy :p

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Dean White directed the episode from a teleplay by David Rambo and Richard Catalani and a story by Danny Cannon, one of the series' executive producers. :)

9. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

Thanks Destiny! I knew it had to be part of RamGold who wrote it..but I wasn't entirely sure :)

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't know that you can look at number ratings alone and completly ignore the fact that more people watched CSI than all of the other networks combined... sometimes, its spring and people are outside ya know?

I absolutely adore how all the GCers are handling this. tables turned you'd be singin Hellelujah but because that ship doesn't sail all of sudden CSI sucks and the OC is higher quality televsion. Sorry if its offensive, but its getting really annoying.

11. dani_banani

dani_banani Police Officer

I agree with what you said about the ratings and how it's not a definitive indicator of the quality of the episode although the drop in the ratings could also be because the previous episode was one of the stronger ones of the season in my opinion.

hmm...well, I know I'm a G/C shipper, so naturally I'm a bit miffed by this comment, but I don't think you can really say all of us G/C shippers, or the other ships, feel or reacted that way. I agree if the tables were turned that we'd be celebrating as much as well, but I don't think other ships/viewers would have reacted differently. I think what really prompted this strong response to the anti-shipping of this episode, regardless of which ship, was how strongly and unexpectedly TPTB threw in the GSR-ness that we saw in this episode.

By the way, I hope I didn't sound like I was bashing any ship in my post...I was trying to be as objective as possible! :)

12. Guest

Guest Guest

k, fine, i'll modify... The GCers... expressing themsels in this thread. :) I got no problem being upset, but to trash the show, trash the actors, and wish its doom just becuase Grissom and Sara are gonna hook up. I don't mean to bash, and I don't know that we are... simply discussing.

I liked TOYD, I thought the kid was sweet and I didn't have it figured out in the first ten minutes.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

If I may intervene, and call a small peace treaty on the sinking ships, the discussion got way out of hand b/c the pro shippers really starting saying how much they wanted to see their ships sail when the 'glances' took place in Time of Death. All the "oh I cannot wait to see such and such hook up, I love to see them together, you know they will be so hot, etc..." should really belong in the shipper thread. The fact is it was no more than a glance. I personally got sick of all the pro shipper discussion. The glance in the "Time of Death" episode was nothing more than a glance. There was no hot sex scene, no soap opera drama, no tongue action, just a simple glance ... So, if the shippers could take all their dreams to the shipper thread where it belongs and keep the discussion of "Time of Death" to what actually happened in the episode and keep it to that, I think it would resolve a lot of problems. AND it would allow for some constructive discussions again about the actual episode. Non shippers vs. shippers are never going to agree. That's why the shipper thread was created in the first place - to let them speculate and dream all they want w/out having to hear any negativity or criticism - so keep it there - in the shipper thread. Just my two cents ...

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

The only "SHIP" that should be discussed in this thread as I have said many times is the one pertaining to this episode only and in the way it pertains to it. All the rest of the discussions should go into Shipper central. Thank you.

15. lemon_grass

lemon_grass CSI Level Two

I agree. I liked how the character tidbits were incorporated into the episode, the overall feel that wasn't too dark or depressing (in a non-shipping sense, at least :lol:), and the whole emphasis on "nothing happens by chance".

(Btw, call me slow, but I just figured out why this episode is named the way it is. :eek: Pretty clever.)

You know, I think all the GSR moments this season have been pretty awkward. I thought GSR scenes from seasons 2-5 worked much better - at least we knew what the characters' motivations were. What's the deal, tptb?

Let's not put down people from other ships though; I'm sure all that "shark jumping" talk was just the knee-jerk reflex kicking in. ;)

D, looking at this thread, you don't know how grateful I am that the mods decided to create a separate forum for shipping. *sigh of relief*