** Season 10 Spoiler Lab - Take Two **

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I shall doubtless offend Eva's many fans, but it's hardly a bad sign for Miami, is it? I don't believe her absence, presence, or availability for some but not all episodes, would affect a renewal decision.

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yep that's how I read that too. Maybe she'll leave Miami even if it gets renewed. It would make sense since if it gets renewed it'll most probably be it's last season so maybe she thinks it's time to branch out and look for something that has a chance of continuing later on.

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

It's in first position because the entire cast and crew at Miami no longer have a contract; if she still did, then it would be in second position while everyone awaits for the renewal. If Miami is renewed, then it's unlikely that Eva will be back.

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Not what I meant by the post, DaisyMay.

Doesn't matter who's name is in that article, it's not a good sign of renewal when ANY of the actors/actresses start looking elsewhere.

5. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Fair enough, but I don't entirely agree - people move on, for all sorts of reasons. I think I'd be concerned if it was Adam or Emily. (Or, of course, David, in which case we'd have our decision.)

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Unpopular opinion: but I thought the show was better in season eight when Adam took a semi-permanent (?) leave. I wouldn't be too concerned if he left.

7. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

You can look at Eva's new pilot as a sign that CSI Miami has a questionable future, but the flip side is the producers may have told them that the cast will have to be reduced if they are renewed for another season to help control the costs. I love Eva, but let's face it, she really has not gotten much screen time this season. As long as they keep Horatio, Emily, and Delko, I'm satisfied if they rotate the rest of the cast with recurring players.

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    Not me, that type of rotation wouldn't satisfy me at all, I would end up only watching certain episodes,the ones with the other cast members.Throw Emily and Adam into the mix of rotation with recurring actors too.The reality is none of them have contracts at this point so they all may be taking on reduced roles. More than likely,if Miami returns it would be less episodes,maybe 13 or so.

9. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I don't know how Miami fans feel but for me, I'd want NY to have a full season of quality episodes. Perhaps Miami fans feel the same way?

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I am sure that's something most fans want.
    Definitely quality episodes and you get that with all of the characters being present, not some rotating schedule that would do nothing but piss some fans off and result in even lower ratings.
    Whenever and however the show ends,I hope to see nice closure for them all.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  11. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I think Eva is just playing it smart. I am sure she would love to continue doing Miami because she loves the cast; however, because she was excluded last season from a couple of episodes, she doesn't want to wait around to see if they will pick her up again. I don't see this as having anything to do with the show returning. Good for her!

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I agree, Eva is playing it smart. Who knows if Miami will be renewed, or how long it will last She will have bills to pay, and she doesnt get the screentime she deserves on this show anyway, so hopefully this new show will work out well for her.

13. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

I blame cbs for all this panic. I get that they are confident about all those shows they renewed. Why couldn't they still keep they're mouths shut? Keep quiet and anounce every one at the same time. Have the other networks done it this early? I hope they are using this time to genuily fight for the show, and not just a half hearted attempt to keep the fans hopes alive by not cancelling it ofically.

As far as Eva goes..she's right to cover herself. That being said, if all the others start doing the same, we're in trouble. But then I wouldn't blame them for that.

14. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I agree. CBS should have just waited until May to announce EVERYTHING. Because now they've got Miami and NY fans on pins and needles waiting...causing a panic between fans, the actors, and the producers. CBS has really pissed me off for the past few years. It's like they're playing games. :rolleyes:

And as long as we got a proper finale, I wouldn't care how many episodes CSI: Miami's 11th season got. Though 18 episodes would be prime, as it would bring the series to the 250 episode mark. :)

15. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Just had a horrible thought - if Eva's going, does that mean we're stuck with Sam...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.