SAVE CSI: MIAMI!!!!!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by spencerreidfan, Feb 21, 2012.

1. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I heard a rumor and I don't know it true or not. AMC might pick it up if CBS decided to cancelled next month or two. And I don't ask me where the tabloid or something about.

2. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I think everybody should read this article about not on CSI Miami and New York, but all three CSI Shows. It appears that Nancy Teller, President of CBS Entertainment and the CBS Board of Directors are looking for a way to end all three CSI Shows. If you will read the article carefully, you will see what CBS has in mind, CSI has got to end, it's ran it's life out on TV, according to CBS, and this is sad,

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/csi-new-york-tv-series-cancelled-22148/

Looks like they will start with NY first, then Miami, then the Orignal CSI will be the last to leave CBS. Now other networks picking up these shows, that's up to CBS and contract agreements with say A&E, AMC, TNT, etc. I have never heard of it being done in the past almost 48 years I have been on this earth, but the way things are today, I guess anything is possible if you have the cash!

Peace

3. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Any show that runs for 11-12 seasons is doing extremely well. Most shows last one or two at the most.

4. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

Thanks for the link, Jimi. I like how Tessler said that ending the series needs to done respectfully. I don't think any of us are under the illusion that the CSI series will go on forever but I, for one, will be very pissed if CSI Miami is cancelled without any warning. I thought last year would be the end of CSINY and I thought it ended well, and I'm sure they would do the same this year. But from the spoilers out there and the interview's I've read, if CSIM was to end, things would be left unfinished. And, to me, that would be completely disrespectful to all the fans that have watched this show from the beginning. I have no problem with season 11 being it's last as long as we're given a heads up and it's promoted as it's final season. But I don't want a lot of questions left unanswered!

5. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

I know that you guys in the US, for the most part are not used to 13/14 episodes per season. At least not for established shows. Rooky shows mabye. Here in the UK that number is actually the norm per season. Sometimes even lower. No matter how established they may be. Would guys in the US be willing to settle for that number, to get to 12 seasons? I mean 13 each for seasons 11/12. I know I would.

6. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

(Also in UK)... I'd settle for what we can get, obviously. But I have a sneaking desire for 18, since I think - if I've counted correctly - that would make 250 episodes. My main desire is to see it given a 'proper' ending, i.e. none of this 'will it or won't it' woolly stuff.

7. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

We usually have that number of shows (or smaller) if its a program on cable, like Game of Thrones on HBO, In Plain Sight on USA or SouthLAnd on TNT.

8. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

Sorry, it's just from what we see, it always appears that way.

9. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

No need to apologize, fj. It's only been in the last few years that the 'Big 4' networks (ABC, CBS, NBC & FOX) have shortened some (not all, mind you) show seasons' from about 22-24 episodes, down to a smaller number, like maybe 16-18. I'm sure, for purely financial reasons, any network would be willing to shorten a season to keep a series on the air. At least, if I was in a position of power, its something I would do. ;)

10. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

It's so much easier here in the uk when it comes to predicting a shows future. You either have the numbers (in viewers, not demos).At least I've never heard any talk about demos before. You've got the numbers? you stay and find out as soon as the show ends its run. None of this waiting around untill May for shows that end in April crap. It's easier on the heart.
    If Miami finishes it's run April 8th. Then have the courtesy to tell us within that same week.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  11. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

My bet is that CBS is not going to say anything until maybe mid summer about what shows are going to make it or break it! I though this Sunday, April 1st was going to be the last Miami show of the season or did I miss something?

In addition, I think we need to get up a petition to get Survivor off of CBS! It's been on too long, other networks like A&E, True TV, TLC, etc. are in the Reality Show business. Heck, it's going to get to the point that we will have a reality show for every person in the U.S. I am so sick hearing about Kate Gosslin (heck I don't know how to spell the woman's last name right). She is no star to me! She is an idiot! Kate + 8, how boring can TV get?

Peace

12. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

NCAA basketball is on tonight, and CSI: Miami is not on tomorrow, due to the Academy of Country Music Awards. :(

13. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

That should be a good thing because I think next Sunday will be the only episode that didn't get a late start.

Um.. depending on how long Golf runs. :lol:

14. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I guess the CMA's are tomorrow night, what does CSI Miami and County Muisic have in common, Lee Ann Rhimes (Eddie C's wife). I can't stand her, but if some of you may like her, so more power to ya.

Tonight AMC is been running a CSI marathon, and that's cool because I have stayed at home all day and been watching it.

This just popped into my mind tonight as I was watch Miami, if CBS is wanting to drop one of the CSI spin off shows, why not CBS sell the rights to AMC. I have noticed AMC has changed to compete with the main 3 networks, plus TNT, A&E, etc. What AMC could do is, buy the rights from CBS, and just pick up production and make new episodes and seasons.

But one side of my "business brain" says, either CBS won't sell the rights or want more money than AMC can afford to buy the rights out of CSI Miami. I would think CBS would let them use their studios out in L.A. to continue on CSI Miami on AMC. Oh heck, wishful thinking!:(

Peace

15. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

You know, I was thinking that very same thing about amc buying Miami for themselves. Adam in one interview apparantly said amc wanted to put in more money to get those seasons they were promised. I'm hoping that's still is a possibility. That the deal didn't fail and that's why Miami isn't renewed yet.
    I wonder if amc offered more money because Miami wasn't on the list or whether they offered it before.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012