Episode 10x17 - 'At Risk' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Mar 17, 2012.

?

What Did You Think?

1. A+

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. A

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. B+

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. B

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. D

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  8. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I really wanted to love this episode, as it was Adam's, but confess to finding it a bit slow and underwritten. Not enough H for me (but I accept that's me!). Questioned a fighting dog being human-aggressive, but I'll accept the pheromone explanation. So overall, mildly disappointed, but I'll rate it A as it's Adam's, and it was a lot better than some earlier episodes in this season.

2. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

Because Ryan is a chewing toy for them:lol:
    doggies have a good taste:thumbsup:
    Also like Ryan's expression when he realised Sam was playing tennis with dr. Loman. It was like "what? with HIM not me?"

Love this episode.
    I think CBS should have Adam as a director and writer on a regular basis.;) (Love his "Hunting ground" too)
    The story is coherent, twisty and cathing. No far-fetched evidences, confessions, witnesses and killers (however, not sure about string tension) Yes, like daisymay, I'd prefer more H but it's the only drawback.
    Emily was really great. Nice to see her softer side but frankly I miss a bit tough "bullet girl" she was in early seasons.

The end was surprising but I don't mind - H's expression was awesome

3. Alessia

Alessia Dead on Arrival

Good episode, I give it a "A"... Really like Calleigh! About Sam and Dr. Loman? My face was like :confused: but at the end I find the thing funny... Ryan and the dog, not a fairy love;), maybe they don'tlike his surname LoL...

4. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Okay episode IMO, it wasn't as good as I was hoping. I don't know if it was just because I was tired or what, but the episode seemed REALLY slow paced.

The story was good, obviously based off the Penn State Scandal. The ending was cliche but good, justice was truly served IMO.

Ryan and Walter sent in to get the dog. :rolleyes: I'm pretty sure they wouldn't send in CSIs to handle a rabid dog...

Nice use of all the characters. Could have used a little more Horatio action though. ;) I'm surprised Adam didn't throw in an Eric/Calleigh scene, I don't think they had even one scene together...did they? *shrugs* Well the next 2 episodes should be featuring a lot of them.

Where's Austin's sister? Didn't he have a sister?! BTW Austin would be much cuter if he was like 2 years younger, IMO.

I would give this episode a B, but since it's Adam's episode I'll give it an A. :)

5. Titaneers

Titaneers Victim

i guess i looked away at the end... but i assumed the coach killed himself?

6. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

nah someone even more vengance minded that H took justice into his own hands-probably another parent of another abused boy-after so many years 3 isn't the most likely number of victims so there are bound to be more out there and this angry father didn't wait...can't imagine H having any sympathy for the coach since I know how H would react if it was Kyle being hurt at that age or at all...

7. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

ONe of those cases that showed the CSI's were human to a degree. I know several real police officers and off the record,they hate having to arrest people like the perps in tonight'e episode,even when they know they have to.
    You can't take the law into your own hands,even against scumbag pedophiles and the people who enable them.

8. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

the episode writing and directing was interesting. i really like the clip when tom was explaining how the tennis ball hits the sweet spot. loved loved loved calleigh in this episode and i look forward to seeing more scenes with her motherly instinct with austin.

i probably would have given it an A, but coming from a strong tennis background, i thought that the actual tennis playing was just downright awful. they definitely got people who have never played tennis before to be "pro". i'm sure they could have just found some decent high school players and it would have looked a lot better. hopefully they'll find better ways to portray sports in the future.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Shadowy figure running across the screen looked like a horror movie scene.

Is Austin the same kid who plays Parker on Bones? It sure looks like him.

A mention of Ryan's OCD (when they were talking about hand sanitizer)! "Not the juniper kind, the other kind" LOL.

Case is loosely based on the Penn State scandal.

"I'm like a chew toy to these dogs" :guffaw:

Hopper: Cover my face with my jacket please.
    Horatio: You've been covered long enough. :thumbsup:

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Agree about that shadowy figure,looked exactly like a horror movie scene.

Nice bit of continuity with Ryan's OCD and the hand sanitizer(which was also mentioned in season 9).
    I don't watch Bones but I did read that the kid did play the son Parker.

I knew that coach was going to be shot as soon as he started his walk of shame. Would have really liked to know the shooter's connection. Was he a parent,former shooter or just some random person that thought he was justified ridding society of scum.

11. GregNickRyanFan

After watching the last few minutes a second time, from what I could see of the shooter, he looked likely too young to have been a child student/victim's parent, so I'm guessing it was either someone who was in his early twenties who had been a victim himself or maybe had a younger brother who was a victim. I mean, he looked only a couple of years older than the guy who had the contract to keep quiet, but ended up putting the nail in the coach's coffin and triggering the arrest.

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Didn't we only see the back of the shooters head?
    He could have also been a vigilante with no connection to the case at all.

13. GregNickRyanFan

If you pause it at just the right time, you can see a bit of the side of his face. He looked twenty-ish to me. And yeah, he could have just been an outraged vigilante I suppose. I just assumed it was someone connected to the case since the original killers/attempted killers were connected.

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

This was one of the better episodes of the season. A little low paced at the beginning but it got better as it went. Is it weird that my favorite Miami writer is Adam? lol. I think he did a great job with a very tricky subject matter. I wasn't expecting some of the twists like the dog owner being the roommate and the janitor knowing what was going on. So those surprises were cool. I thought Emily/Calleigh was great in this episode. I love this softer side of Cal and her compassion for Austin. What did happen to the sister, though? I'm looking forward to how that storyline evolves.

15. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

THANK YOU ADAM for giving us a few Calleigh/Natalia scenes in this episode! I've loved the little snippets of their friendship that we've seen over the years (which has been sorely neglected in recent seasons) and was thrilled to see them working together for a little bit the other night. I especially enjoyed the one scene where they teamed up to try to convince the one guy to testify against the molester. More of this, please!