Episode 10x17 - 'At Risk' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Mar 17, 2012.

?

What Did You Think?

1. A+

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. A

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. B+

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. B

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. D

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  8. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Futon Critic

CSI: MIAMI
    Air Date: Sunday, March 18, 2012
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#1017) "At Risk"

WHEN A BELOVED TENNIS COACH IS NEARLY KILLED, CALLEIGH DISCOVERS A PERSONAL CONNECTION TO THE CASE, ON "CSI: MIAMI," SUNDAY, MARCH 18

"At Risk" - When a beloved tennis coach is nearly killed, Calleigh discovers a personal connection to the case, on CSI: MIAMI, Sunday, March 18 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
    David Caruso (Horatio Caine)
    Emily Procter (Calleigh Duquesne)
    Adam Rodriguez (Eric Delko)
    Jonathan Togo (Ryan Wolfe)
    Rex Linn (Det. Frank Tripp)
    Eva La Rue (Natalia Boa Vista)
    Omar Miller (Walter Simmons)

RECURRING CAST:
    Christian Clemenson (Tom Loman)
    Taylor Cole (Samantha Owens)
    Ty Panitz (Austin North)

GUEST CAST:
    Matthew Glave (Coach Larry Hopper)
    Travis Caldwell (Andrew Kingman)
    Rebecca Lowman (Brenda Livingston)
    Ignacio Serricchio (Mason Torres)
    Stephan Smith Collins (Darrell Templeton)
    Aml Ameen (Jack Brody)
    Christopher Darga (Ross Hemmet)
    Jodi Harris (Janice Wells)
    Aidan Andrews (Robbie Wells)
    Dawnn Lewis (Stacy McNamara)
    Keith Worley (MDPD Officer)
    Quinton Lopez (Young Mason Torres)
    WRITTEN BY: TBA

DIRECTED BY: Adam Rodriguez
    RATING: To Be Announced

2. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Do you believe that CBS just sent out an alert indicating the episode could be delayed in East/Central time zone due to basketball? Talk about adding insult to injury in a week where we are upset regarding renewal! I will stay up regardless and record it; this is the episode Adam wrote and directed and Sam is in it so that probably means Ryan will have some interaction with her!

3. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I saw that on Twitter! And whenever they post that, it usually means it IS delayed. Jeeze, do they have any respect? They're letting Adam's episode be delayed? Who cares about basketball or whatever, watch it on ESPN people! :rolleyes: This late in the season, I thought we were done with this crap...let's see if CBS ever lets NYC 22 get delayed...

4. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

According to CBS..everything will be delayed by 43 minutes...I don't think they will even show it this week.

5. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

Due to Live NCAA Basketball overrun, CSI Miamiwill start at 10:43et/9:43ct for East/Central Time Zone viewers ONLY

6. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I have my 12 pack of iced tea in-hand. Must get on a sugar rush so I can stay up. :lol:

7. dreamer285

dreamer285 Hit and Run

Good thing I'm Canadian and can catch it on it's regular timeslot...sheesh basketball is really getting in the way :( I hope it's almost over!

8. luf100

luf100 Coroner

You know what, screw everything, I gave this episode an A+. It probably doesn't completely deserve it, but whatever, I REALLY LIKED IT. I'm proud of Adam, he did a great job with it.

I don't want to make a long post about all my feelings on it, but I really enjoyed it and that made me happy. The screentime and everything seemed pretty equal (except for some reason there wasn't much Horatio) and the story and everything was good.

So yea, Adam needs to do more episodes.

9. Lego107

Lego107 Dead on Arrival

was that not the same kid who played austin before? they didnt look the same. Kind of killed it for me. The kid in this episode looked like he had a really bad spray on tan job....

by the way, I think Rodríguez may be pissed off about his episode being delayed. him the crew and the cast should have a talk with the CBS executives , for real

10. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

I'm fairly certain Adam knew his episode, written well into the season, would be scheduled in the last couple of weeks. He also knew the NCAA Finals would run those same weeks, so I doubt he's surprised or pissed off. BTW, the payoffs bring in tremendous ratings, aka $$$, for CBS.

Next week's episode, the finale, will probably be similarly delayed as tonight's. The NCAA quarter finals will be running on that day on CBS.

Tonght's episode, IMO, was okay. I gave it a higher score simply because Adam's still a novice in the writing department.

11. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

good episode-dealt with current events as a guide. Loved H's expression in the end with the automatic justice served-like he should have seen that coming a mile away. Makes you wonder how the csi's have to handle certain people then act all professional but Horatio looked surprised...sad they couldn't get the original actor for Austin North but hear that cute kid is unavailable so they gotta work with who ever...love seeing this soft side to Calleigh and I hope she follows thru with these kids..solid episode I felt with enough twists and surprises-Dr Lohman oh Tom who knew you for a tennis fan? good writing...Adam is getting better.

12. yen35

yen35 Witness

An excellent episode, probably my favorite this season.
    Outstanding writing and directing.
    I was taken aback when it was shown that the assistant guy knew about the abuse but did nothing to stop it.

Could someone please tell me how many more episodes are to air this season.

13. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Adam did a nice job with this episode, considering he was assigned the topic and therefore couldn't be as creative as his last episode. Poor Ryan, again having trouble with dogs and feeling Sam's rejection. Emily did a great job. Not sure about the ending though; not sure it added anything to the storyline. At least it wasn't Horatio's vigilante justice this time!

14. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Next week is not finale. There are two more. (Haven't watched this one yet - will comment later.)

15. bgnogan

bgnogan Hit and Run

Why were Ryan and Walter there to get the dog? :rolleyes:

I also didn't like how Walter & Eric just flat out assumed the first dude was guilty(even though he was lol), and especially didn't like Eric being an a$$hole towards him.

Other than that, this was a good episode, but they really need to add some more realism to this show because some of this stuff is just ridiculous.