Season 10 Ratings Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Hardline Pro, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

CSIM did very well in the final ratings; it actually beat The Good Wife in viewership and key demoes! To go up in ratings during that late hour bodes well for our show because 10 p.m. shows typically go down. It is also important to note that it had better overall ratings than Unforgettable this week.

Here is the CBS press release:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  2. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

3. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I just found this today. As of February 21st, TV by the Numbers lists CSI: Miami as "likely renewal". Link. :)

4. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Just in my opinion, Seasons 9 and 10 have been better. Season 8 was weak, due to bring on a star that some people were against, Eric Delko couldn't be on as much because I read there was some kind of misunderstanding between him and CBS. I think they got all that straight, then when season 9 kicked in, it kicked in with a bang! Yes, there was less of Calleigh, but Ms. Bo Vista got to show what she was made of and she help the show (just in my opinion) with higher ratings and viewers. Many may disagree, but that's just the way I see it.

Peace

5. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

If our show is getting the most viewers, but losing out in the demographics, I wonder who's watching? All us oldies, perhaps...

6. Hardline Pro

"No Good Deed" brought in 10.14 million viewers and a 2.1/5 in the 18-49 demo.

7. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

And this was enough to make it to #20 in viewers for the week! This is good news! We beat The Good Wife in viewership and key demo again. Notice that these numbers were adjusted up from the preliminary numbers posted by Rachel.

8. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello Theresa, I watch the Good Wife, because it just happens to be on before Miami. That show gets me confused! I really don't like that Will Gardner guy either. But back to CSI Miami, now I am no expert, but what I am reading from what has been posted, there will be a Season 11. I do not like the fact that CBS is putting on the NYC 22 on over the summer in CSI Miami's spot. I can't say the show is no good or will die because I haven't seen it yet.

I have noticed that on the A & E Channel, "The Glades" is on in the summertime, at the same time CSI Miami is on Sunday Nights. The Glades is a good show, but not as interesting as CSI Miami, just in my opinion.

Peace

9. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Would like to say that last night CSIM had the most viewership of all networks. Great job!

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah but I read the demo wasn't so good. Seems viewers don't mean much with ratings.

11. Hardline Pro

The demo was equal with last week, a 2.1/5. With 10.54 million viewers.

12. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Viewership went up to 10.7 in the final numbers. The demo wasn't as bad as you think; it was enough to make the top 25 list this week. CSIM was #13 in viewership and #24 in 18-24. Very good!

13. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Excellent! Keep up the good work fans!

14. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I hate to spoil the party, but I think both shows (miami & ny) are going off as I read the tweet that Gary Sinese sent out saying CSI NY will not return in the fall. I have read some articles, and the handwriting is on the wall. You can have all the ratings in the world, but CBS says they can't sell advertising in these shows. H5O has Chevrolet/General Motors as a major sponsor, so that show will be around for a while. At first, I didn't give it one season and it would be gone. I have reversed my thoughts about this now, and yes, I'm unhappy!

From what I am reading elsewhere, CBS is ditching shows and replacing them with new ones to increase money coming into the corporation, that is Publicly Owned. With the stock market being as bad in 2011 and the first quarter of 2012, I see what is going on. I am happy as all get out they are ditching Two and 1/2 Men!

I'll say one thing, CBS will never be able to kill my "Hippie Music"!

Peace,
    Jimi

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  15. Martina

Martina Victim

When did he write this tweet :confused:. I can't find it on his official twitter site.

Martina