What shows did you like as a kid?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Lia, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Comte

Comte Police Officer

woah..jus talkin bout this makes me nostalgic...
    lets see...i loved loony tunes,sesame street,ninja turtles,double dragon,...
    what else?hmm...oh yes...mickey mouse and friends...how could i forget that....

its a pity the kids nowsdays have to put up with tv shows that are substandard..
    the shows abovementioned have become almost ancient to them now...sigh...

2. AboutPaula

AboutPaula Dead on Arrival

Oooh, what a good question, well, here goes:

Rugrats, Doug, Ren & Stimpy, Button Moon, Rainbow, The Smurfs, Thomas the tank engine, Sabrina, Sister sister, Clarissa explains it all, The Brady bunch, Rocco's Modern Life, Cow & Chicken (including I am Weasel and I R Baboon), Bannerman, Duckula, Dr Zitbags 'transalvanian pets shop', He-man, Poddinton peas, Teenage mutant HERO turtles, SuperTed, Wizadora, Fraggle Rock, Trap door, Gerald Mcboing boing, Maid marian, The MooMins.

That about sums it up but there are loads more. I am obsessed with old school tv.

3. speedmonkey2

speedmonkey2 Head of the Graveyard Shift

omg! Cow and Chicken I used to watch them all the time? Whatever happend to them I wonder? And Doug! That was like on my top five list as a kid.

And I still watch rugrats in the morning. And every once in awhile i'll watch All grown up. Yes i'm a 17 year old girl who still watches cartoons. lol.

4. araSgerG

araSgerG Lab Technician

Bid deal, my dad is a semi-middle aged man who still watches Fairly OddParents.
    I also liked The Brothers Garcia, Caitlin's Way, Hey Arnold, and does anyone else remember any of the other shows that came on with The Brothers Garcia and Caitlin's Way, because I loved them but I can't remember all the names. Was there one called Noah Knows Best or something like that?

5. IlovemySNICKERS

IlovemySNICKERS CSI Level One

I liked Pinky and the Brain, Captain Planet, Sesame Street, Mr. Dressup, Aladdin, Fraggle Rock, Reccess, Animaniacs, Gilligan's Island,Brady Bunch, Blossom, Sweet Valley High, Saved by the Bell.
    I loved the high school life shows when i was a kid. It always made me want to grow up!!

6. araSgerG

araSgerG Lab Technician

Oh, yeah, Recess! Spenelli was awesome!

7. Comte

Comte Police Officer

how did i ever forget popeye?!

8. kitty_pryde

kitty_pryde Dead on Arrival

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and X-Men!!

9. keich

keich CSI Level One

Oh boy, that'd be a lot.

Power Rangers
    X-Men: The Animated Series
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Sweet Valley High
    Saved By The Bell
    Looney Tunes
    Mickey Mouse and Friends
    Sesame Street (Coooookieeeee!!)
    The Woody Woodpecker Show
    Mighty Mouse (Here I come to save the daaaaaaaaay!)
    and those English-dubbed Japanese cartoons

Hahaha. Nostalgia-tripping. But hey, I'm turning 23 in a few weeks and I still watch cartoons. I think it's become habit for me, especially when I'm trying to unwind. :)

10. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i just remembered two more ytv shows i loved. student bodies and radio active! they were rediculously stupid now that i think about them but i loved them. plus there was the same hot guy in both shows :lol: then there was big wolf on campus. they still replay that one on bbc kids. tommy dawkins is so dreamy :D

11. Barbarella

Barbarella Lab Technician

I *loved* Roger Ramjet when I was a kid - Rocket Robin Hood was another. I watched a lot of the strange educational shows that TV Ontario used to air like Math Patrol, Read All About It, Write On! and Readalong. Other faves - Fables of the Green Forest, Facts of Life, One Day at a Time, Astroboy, Wonder Woman, Isis, Six Million Dollar Man, Carole Burnett Show, The Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys Mysteries, Scooby Doo, Yogi Bear, The Jetsons...I watched a lot of tv when I was a kid. I'm sure there's more. :D

12. Miss_Undercover

Miss_Undercover Judge

My favourites shows was:

- The Munsters
    - Catweazle
    - I Dream of Jeannie
    - The Jetsons
    - Star Trek Classic with Kirk
    - The Duck Tales
    - Popeye

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Did anyone watched Tomorrow's End? That was like the first show I was obsessed with! It was practically impossible to follow cause of all the random time travelling, but was soooo good!!

14. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

Hoho I still watch 'toons too. :) I'm 21 this year and still very much a kid at heart. :D

I loved watching Sweet Valley High (and reading the books ;)), it's too bad they canned the show. I enjoyed watching old comedies like I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, I Love Lucy, The Nanny and The Addams Family. :)

15. GrissCathfan

GrissCathfan Rookie

i loved Barney & shows like that. i've always liked I Love Lucy & The Nanny! now im passionate a/b CSI! :D I still like the other shows i named, except Barney!!