Hawaii Five-0: The next generation

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Dynamo1, Jul 24, 2010.

1. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I've seen that promo a couple times now, but I don't believe that James is actually playing Danny's father on the show. Either way, I guess its a big deal when father & son are onscreen at the same time. Should be interesting!

2. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Report: Hawaii Five-O Star Takes Break From Show

Susan

3. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I admire Alex for facing his problems and getting treatment for them as soon as possible, and I wish him the very best in getting back to normal! He seems so health conscious that it's good he's meeting this head on, especially since H50 can be such a physical show.

The last couple of episodes have been great, I am one of those people who is certainly not missing Lori, lol!

I so totally loved the interactions of Alex, Scott and James from this week! I know they left it open for James to return, so I really hope he does. It would be fun to see him a few times a season, and they could work him into things quite seemlessly, every now and then. Their 3-way cargument was hilarious, and the scene on the boat at the end was fun and sweet, especially the group hug, followed by the last father-son one. :lol:

I'm also really looking forward to the May cross-overs with NCIS LA! CSI and these 2 shows are my favorites to watch. Can't wait to see their interactions together, especially when Steve & Danny go to LA. I'm picturing lots of funny moments that can happen when you throw Deeks and Hetty into the mix. :devil:

ETA: I forgot to include this interview I saw on the NY Post.

James Caan - Caan Stars Opposite Son In Hawaii Five-0

I don't what's up with the picture, but the article was nice. :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

It's funny, a friend and I were discussing that Alex was looking a little leaner and a bit gaunt. Poor guy. Seems like a lot of actors get hooked on pain meds- I'm thinking Hollywood doctors get a paid a little too well to remember their Hippocratic Oaths sometimes. :rolleyes: I know these guys are wanting to be able to keep working and take shortcuts on healing, but come on.

To be honest though, this show hasn't really been wowing me in a long time. I'm pretty much just watching it for Alex now, and the occasional banter between Steve and Dano. Otherwise, it's been kind of disappointing this season.

5. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Yes, his weight has been discussed heavily on other boards recently. I really hadn't picked up on it much until I read them, I thought some of the extra lean-ness made sense after the Korea episode and the crap with Joe, but then I started paying attention after the speculation. He looks better now in some of the new BTS pics that are circulating thankfully.

Don't get me started on doctors and my opinions, we'd be here all day :lol:

But yes, they are scrip happy imo, because I deal with this all of the time concerning my husband's health issues. Every time we go in for a new reason, the first thing they want to do is write a new prescription :rolleyes:

Apparently Alex has moved to Honolulu full time now, so either they're flying his meds in from the mainland or he has a new doctor over there. Not sure how long ago the shoulder injury happened.

I haven't been disappointed per se, but that's because I didn't start watching until this season, so I thoroughly enjoy it still. I did however go back and watch all of Season 1 chronologically a couple of months ago, to make total sense of this season, and was really wowed by their original dynamic! In retrospect, I don't think there was any need to add the character of Lori, although I have nothing against the actress. The addition of Joe should have been enough, along with the resolution of Jenna's plot line. Oh well, it seems to be getting a little more "back to normal" these past couple of episodes, plus there is still some Shelbourne/Wofat issues and the NCIS cross-over to be dealt with in the next 6 episodes. Supposedly Alex will only miss one episode that is filming now, and it is apparently Max-centric so his scenes were few anyway we're told. I'm guessing the NCIS ones might be in the can already. I am really hoping for a strong end to this season though, and definitely a renewal for a third season! :)

6. blackflag

I think that's what I worried about the most with George in season 9 with his back.

I pretty much watch for the action and don't pay too much attention to the stories. I do like Danno when Grace is around so I was happy to see her back in Hawaii.

Ed Asner Return to Hawaii Five-O

I'll have to wait and see the original footage to see if I remember 'August March'. It's been too long since I've watched the original.

Susan

7. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

You better believe this Old Hippie does! I watched the old Hawaii Five-O and I watch the new Hawaii Five-O. I love them both! The first night Hawaii Five-O came back on, I wasn't too impressed, but as I started to continue to watch the first season, it just got better, and you get hooked on the show! Alex O'Laughlin is one "Bad Dude"! May peace shine his way!

Peace to All!

8. blackflag

CBS has released season finale dates. Monday, May 14th.

Who the heck are they killing this season?

9. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

All I can say to that spoiler is: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :scream:

10. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

It's probably just a cop, and they're phrasing it that way to pique interest. Or it's Lori or whatshisface (Locke from LOST).

11. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Without going to the necessity of spoiler tags, I agree with you on your spoiler comments and guesses BabaOReilly!

12. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

This past week, I guess as Alex is taking off, Scott Cann was the leader in the episode. Max had to revist his past, and Kono finds the Shrimp Truck!

By the way, this old man doesn't read spoilers. That takes the fun out of watch the program!

13. blackflag

It's not a spoiler. Alex O'loughlin is taking a break for treatment for an addiction to pain medication that he was on because of a recent shoulder injury. (up the page a bit the story is posted)

Susan

14. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Hello on this thread!

I wonder where I was all the time during season 1 LOL.
    Officially seen whole season 1 now.
    Can't wait for next season.

Didn't expect but totally loved the show, probably because of Alex since I first saw him on Moonlight.
    Gotta now study this thread closer... :lol:

15. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Aloha, BDS! Welcome aboard. :cool: