Grade 'The Ripple Effect'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Feb 10, 2012.

?

How would you grade The Ripple Effect?

1. A+

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. A

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. A-

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. B+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. B

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

The only reason I didn't give this ep an A+ is because I'm a complete sucker for action eps. Otherwise, this had pretty much everything: a truly engaging series of crimes (I was so with Flack when he said, "That's the craziest thing I ever heard." :lol:); fantastic character interaction between everybody, where even though I thought D/L's scene was a wee bit overdone at first it actually mostly worked and seeing Danny doing a 'panic dance' because of a potentially snake had me laughing; and the little details along the way were brilliant.

Jo's multi-color post-it notes on Mac's truck dash were awesome!

Sid telling Jo about selling his patent was one of my favorite scenes. I loved how he barely knew what to do with himself at the fact he was now a multi-millionare, and Robert Joy and Sela were phenomenal in that bit. Haha, I loved too how Jo told Mac, "Don't worry, I'll get it out of him," and Mac's half-smile and shake of his head. I don't think he doubted for a second that she wouldn't be able to :lol:

I am really really liking how they're treating Mac and Christine. I think it's perfect that they're conveying an obvious connection between the two, but aren't lacing it with "they are in lurv, now kiss!" overtones like with most 'love interest' stuff they've done with pretty much everybody. And I think it's absolutely adorable how they clearly have some sort of feelings for each other, but aren't sure maybe precisely what or what to do with them. Haha, it's so cute :lol: Plus, I simply like the fact that Mac's smile when he talks to her makes him seem capable of finally being happy after all this time. HOWEVER, I am still beyond peeved that made Christine Whitney's brother's name, 'Stan'. Of all things! Of all the myriad of guys names they could have chosen...! At best it is continuity sloppiness at it's height, and if they did it on purpose..... I have no words :shifty:

Sela was great in this ep, from the scene with Sid to the end when she connected all the individual pieces. Haha, the fact that she was the one who proved "everything is connected", wasn't lost on me, and I thought it was a very nice touch.

So yeah, I really enjoyed this ep, and it was a great way to leave the show for the next 6 weeks.

- a solid A :)

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Jo in this episode = perfection ;).

Very good episode, great character moments. I'm glad that Sid's behavior was due to something positive happening in his life. Of course Jo would get it out of him we knew it, Mac knew it, and Sid knew it :lol:. That scene was adorable between them as was the last one with the piano.

The post it notes :lol:. They were everywhere!! And it was especially hilarious to see them in Mac's dash :lol:. I loved how excited Jo was giving her ripple effect explanation, that was also a great scene.

So Mac asks Christine for coffee and gives it to Jo? :evil: hehe. I enjoyed that.

The Lindsay and Danny scene in the park made me laugh. I'm very indifferent to them as a couple but do enjoy their banter a lot.

Gave it an A-.

3. alicelc

alicelc Victim

I gave the episode an A+. The crime was interesting and not predictable like some (i.e., Brooklyn 'Till I Die). The character scenes (I suppose I can call it that?) were fantastic and well done by the actors. Jo/Sid was awesome; an awesome friendship. Then again, I am a huge Sela fan so I may be biased? :p
    Absolutely LOVE the post-its --- all that neon :)

4. Carollouise99

Carollouise99 Victim

Okay, I'm gunna try a running commentary...

crazy guy with a chainsaw
    package deal.. ima guessing drugs
    ahhh the trees fallen.
    did that guy like trees?
    okay he dead
    130 steps lol poor flack atleast he wont feel guilty having a burger for lunch
    ahhh awesome themetune(do not know te ep where hawkes is standing by his locker in case anyone knows)
    HAWKES IN AUTOPSY :D
    wheres sid?
    third time this week? whats going on with sid? he ill?
    bike messenger (season 1 flashback)
    thanks for stating the obvious linds
    aww cristine and mac
    danny looks lost
    whats he giving her?
    why do i get feeling this is supposed to be adam? :(
    that is a very good camera...
    if he has an outstanding warrent how can they know where he lives but not arrest him??
    fire escape.. why do suspects do that flack has much more practice. eddie cahill must be good at that by now.
    i said drugs :)
    lol mac your definatly the scientist
    i wonder how much of this flack is following
    and run back UP the stairs? yeah thats gunna be a quick getaway
    that looks like the same tree in shane caseys first ep
    aha montana joke
    lololololol danny doesnt like snakes
    h7n2? should i know what that means?
    SID!! he seems nervous
    talk to mac
    yeah you will jo
    that looks like a ziptie imprint...
    hmm.. violet gum seems important..
    dont dis the glasses
    attorneys.. is he in trouble
    ahh the hammerback sleeper
    how much??
    $27 million?????!!!!
    breathings good
    what are the bettings hes gunna be paying for drinks from now on
    random tumpet guy
    i think its the tattoo artist....
    ooh glass blowing thats pretty
    dont burn yourself
    wow you did
    is hawkes trying to figure out that imprint? ITS A ZIPTIE!!!
    oh way he got there half an hour after me
    dont kill yourself hawkes its not that bad
    wow an actual murder weapon thats not one of a kind
    oh no wait its got one of a kind trace on it
    mac :D
    empty resturant...
    oh christine...
    a chewed pen?? :S
    coffee? i thought he quit?
    oh jo obviously i shouldve known if there was food jo would be nereby
    haha post it notes
    oh bird flu
    ok i dont like stuffed animals
    wow he looks ill
    now thats a coincedence
    SID:D
    isnt that adams job?
    poor flack dont listen to those witty remarks
    those look like burn scars
    yay that got there
    oh its the glass blowing guy.. i liked him
    BOOM!! :D
    this could end badly
    no flaack!!
    DANNY! oh he looks scared :(
    oh well yeah sure i just attacked to cops but ill put my only defence down... that couldve been a great action seen.
    money got delivered. is this something to do with the first vic??
    ok almost feel sorry for second vic he didnt actually lie
    more cloloured post its :)
    she could so be a teacher
    why did it have to be a one of a kind gum?
    youd cut down a tree for a bike?? really?
    so its actually the chain saw guys fault
    haha surely flacks heard crazier things.. like the guy who was killed by a crapsicle
    latest cop bar
    why is the piano in the morgue?
    lol he cant play
    whats the betting she can?
    told ya so

all in all good ep. only the lack of adam brought it down from an A+ to an A
    :D really good season 3 like ep

5. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Until you brought it up, I forgot to mention this...

The police sure took a long time getting to the scene and when they first went to the place, there was no suggestions of reports?

Plus, I really don't think Chainsaws work that fast.

Yeah, I think the part at the A/V lab was supposed to be Adam. I can't see Adam mention cow tipping, I can see Danny doing that. :lol:

6. rmiller31

rmiller31 Victim

Have to agree with all the positive comments...it felt like an old school episode (in the best ways) but with a welcome dash of Jo's joy. Even the D/L scene which many people dread (not me, necessarily) wasn't lovey-dovey...it just seemed like two people who know each other well and like pushing each other's buttons.

On a side note, Robert Joy sitting at a piano reminded me that he was in a classic Moonlighting episode (something I only realized when watching it on DVD recently) as a piano prodigy. Just a fun fact! Can he actually play?

Only real complaint about this season is how quickly Mac and Danny reverted back from their new paths set up by the possible series finale. I understand it was probably neccesary once the series was picked up again, but they could have drawn them out a little bit more for realism's sake IMHO.

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I forgot to mention that I thought giving back the chewed pen was kind of gross. I know it was supposed to be all sentimental and a nice gesture but I just thought the writers could've come up with something better.

8. Rena

Rena Rookie

Mmh, yeah, thought so too. It was nice, but - hell! - where did it come from? Does Mac keep stuff like that somewhere in a closet at home or in his office?! Beach ball, opera tickets, chewed pens... :rolleyes: :lol:

9. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Haha maybe Mac is a Hoarder :lol: yeah keeping that cheap pen seemed contrived.

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Maybe he just did that just to see her. :lol:

11. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I figured that too.

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

And he couldn't come up with something better to impress a girl?? :lol:. That would just be so sad :lol:.

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Do you remember when he was doing Second Life on the computer to try and get a suspect to talk? He had no game at all. ;)

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

That's right :lol:. Poor Mac. But with so many love interests it appears he doesn't need much.

15. Zipster

Zipster Witness

Excellent episode, really enjoyed it... Cow tipping!

Lack of Adam, sadly, but everyone was great!

A :)