Best New York Season

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by calleighspeedle, Nov 28, 2011.

?

Best New York Season

1. Season 1

38.1%
  2. Season 2

16.7%
  3. Season 3

14.3%
  4. Season 4

11.9%
  5. Season 5

38.1%
  6. Season 6

9.5%
  7. Season 7

16.7%
  8. Season 8....so far

7.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I'll always be fond of Season 1.

2. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Season 1 all the way (even with Danny's stupid blond streaks and Flack's hair that makes me laugh!). It had a real, gritty, New York feel to it. The cases were interesting and diverse, and best of all was s1 Mac. :adore:

s7 comes a close second, not all the eps were great, but the whole show seemed to get a shot of life and energy with the arrival of Jo, and some of the episodes even had an s1 feel to them, 'Nothing for Something', 'Hide Sight' and 'Exit Strategy', bringing a darker edge back into the show.

3. spunky86

spunky86 Hit and Run

I liked seasons 6 and 7 beacuse we got more Sheldon centric episodes and the underused Hill Harper got a chance to shine.

4. PHANTOMERIK

PHANTOMERIK Dead on Arrival

The first season will always be my favorite but I thnk the 5th was really the show's greatest hour with several superb storylines that easily could have and should have been carried on into the 6th season and beyond Ella McBride, The whole Flash drive thing and of course Stella's past being explored. What a 6th season we could have had if Craig T.Nelson's Robert Donnesbrook had returned the Moriarty to Mac's Holmes or Ella had fullfilled her earlier bunny boiler promise. Then there is Stella's past talk about a missed opportunity we weren't even given her mom's name were we? Would it really have killed Veasy and co to have continued were they left off with Stella and us learning what really did happen to her mother (accident or murder) or where exactly Papa Bonasera had been for the last 30 odd years since Mac never mentions her father at all does he? I don't mean devoting the entire season to Stella the standard 3 episode arc would have been fine but instead we get stupid not to mention completely unbelievable one night stands and so many serial killers that at one point I was convinced there was some sort of convention in New York. After that it's gone from bad to downright laughable with the loss of the best thing in it in Stella/MK and the introduction of the truly dire Jo Danville. It's like night and day in Jo's case alright as in Nightmare in the New York Crime Lab which describes her perfectly for me and as for the standard of writing Adam switching on his computer and seeing a murder need I say more. So far season 8 hasn't exactly been earth shattering either as it. No for me Season 5 is head and shoulders above the rest particularly anything produced since the first episode of Season 6 aired.

5. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

It was really hard to say what season I like the most. I like them all! I have much respect for Mac Taylor. I like him becasue of the respect his team gives him, and he uses old fashion common sense in solving crimes. I miss Stella very much, I not saying that I don't like Jo, but Mac & Stella are CSI NY to me.

6. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I like Jo too, but I think Mac & Stella had more on screen chemistry.

7. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello calleighspeedle,

You are correct and thinking the same thought I'm thinking. Mac and Stella did have that chemistry, and from day 1, them two were and always will be CSI New York to me!

I also think that Season Five was one of the best season of CSI New York.

Peace to ya calleighspeedle! Jimi

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  8. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I also like a lot season 1 (gosh I should watch it again, it's been a long time! :D) cause it's more darker and really brings out "the new york".

Then my other favourite one is season 4. There were a lot of episodes that I liked! :)

I have only watched 6 seasons, so I can't say about seasons 7 or 8! ;)

9. limonite

limonite Victim

Season 5 was my favorite :bolian:. The episodes were very good, and given the fact that Flack is my favorite, I love that his character had a lot of development during that season. We met his sister Samantha, and his relationship with Angell blossomed, until the tragic end :(.

Season 3 is my second favorite (I really liked Mac & Peyton :)).

10. bookworm

bookworm Victim

Overall love season 5 and 3. Many great individual episodes, Snow Day, Yahzreit, Death House, Point of View. Sorry, but season 7 and 8 just isn't making the grade. Have season 1 - 6, great work by a great cast.

11. Grindigo

Grindigo Dead on Arrival

I loved season 5. With Adam being my favourite character it was great to see some development during the season. The Party's Over, Green Piece and Yahrzeit were my favourites in the season, and the general episode standard for the season was extremely high in my opinion.