"Tressed to Kill" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 7, 2012.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

eeeeee continuity for the win! Mentioning Catherine and then talking to her! *Does the dance of joy*

I thought he might turn into the newest multiepisode serial case but he didn't.

This was one of the rare eps where I thought about one of the characters being the killer and it was right...IDK why I thought about the doctor, but it popped into my head.

When Morgan told Sara to watch herself, I thought "if something *did* happen to her, Grissom would go hunt the guy down" lol. We saw what went down when Natalie kidnapped her, though he didn't obviously do anything to hurt Natalie.

Where'd they say Catherine was? I thought I heard Monaco, but that can't be right 'cause it's not in the US lol. (although even with her traveling in the US, I'm sure there'll be a load of fanfics out of it.)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Nice! Catherine continuity! I give it an A- to an A :thumbsup:

Glad it wasn't the son, I honestly thought it was going to be him

Wish they had mentioned what would happen to her office, like them sharing it

Though I guess I'll be alright if it's not since someone on another shift could get it

DB talking to Catherine, wasn't expecting that, I had thought it would be his wife but I'm glad it was Catherine even if we didn't hear her :)

Lots of Sara tonight :D JF and Ted did a good job too :thumbsup:

Sara mentioning Catherine keeping Lindsey's bottle of blood in the fridge, wonder if she still has it?

Greg and Nick looking at Cath's office :( made up for no Greg/Cath hug :)

Nice amount of Greg tonight :D

Wow, Greg doing another interogation scene this season already?!? They're pretty rare

For a second I thought we were going to have an Empty Eyes mention, we almost did :(

Excited for next week! :D

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I thought the scene between Sara and DB about the band aids referenced the "Pilot"? Grissom taking Holly's blood? That's how I interpreted it...

4. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Or I guess it could have been that

I'll rewatch tomorrow

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Quantico (Virgina) where the Criminal Minds team are. :)

I thought Sara said "I knew someone who used to work here, SHE used to do the same thing". At least it sounded like Sara said "SHE". I seem to remember Cath mentioning something a at some point about keeping something of Lindsey's on hand for DNA reference.

Okay, now on to my review of the episode:

LOL at Brass saying "at least I have nothing to worry about" in regards to the hair cutting.

Super Dave: There's something in her mouth. Oh please don't be her eyes.

The guys are missing Cath. Awww.

Sheriff looks angry.

Sara: Extreme Makeover: Psychopath Edition.

Sara: Turned her into a blonde. You should watch yourself.
    Morgan: He dyed her hair. You should watch yourself.
    Sara: True.

Thanks, Hodges for reminding me of the gosh awful movie "The Ring" (well the remake anyway - I never saw the original).

Holy hairball LOL.

LOL at Nick telling Hodges it looks like he's wearing the dress he was standing behind.

David Gallagher looks odd with facial hair. I guess I'm still seeing him as Simon Camden (7th Heaven) lol.

"I'd Love You To Want Me". I like that song.

DB called Cath for support. In the previews, I figured it'd be his wife he was saying "I lost one today" to.

Decent episode. Although I knew the killer had to be the son or the doc cause they were the two well known guest stars and that's usually the case LOL. I really expected it to be the son though to be honest.

6. ~fox~

~fox~ Hit and Run

I think it was Quantico (Virginia, just outside of DC) ;)

7. MacsGirlMel

THAT explains the mis-hear. That and this cold that's driving me nuts.

I so badly want a crossover with NY now. She and Jo would have a lot to discuss LOL

And yeah, I thought DB's call was his wife too.

BTW, didn't Grissom also used to take blood from the newbies? (you should see the vampire fic that prompted someone to write lol)

8. governess

governess Victim

I LOVED this episode! Infact, I a really digging this new season more than I have in years :-D

1 suggestion? Please do not put any more CSI's in danger and kept hostage...INSTEAD make Greg the victim who is smart enough to HELP CATCH their stalker/insane killer, etc. I know this was just done last season but it was stretched out too much and Ray wasn't the right person - make this one just a 1 episode OR the Season Finale? Make Greg scared again BUT a Super CSI in the end again. We like that! ;-)

9. GregNickRyanFan

He did, but I don't think that's what Sara was talking about. DB was talking about keeping his kids' DNA reference and I think Sara was saying Cath did that too. I think Sara was trying to make him feel better by telling him someone HE knew did the same thing. As far as we know, he's never met Grissom, so that wouldn't have the right kind of affect on him that telling him that Cath did the same thing with Lindsey's DNA reference would. Plus, they were all talking about Cath at some point in the whole episode, so I tend to think that's what Sara meant. I could be wrong, but that's what I thought the scene meant anyway.

10. MacsGirlMel

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

I do hope they meet sometime, DB and Grissom,...it'd be a great series finale.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Liked it, liked it a lot. Cutting the hair seems so simple and yet so creepy. I really liked the case and how I thought I knew it was the son all along and suddenly it was the doctor. I only thought about the doctor when the cancer patient mentioned him and then mentioned the wig maker. But from then on I thought it was her son.

There were some great character moments between Jim and DB, DB and Sara, and Nick and Greg. I really liked the Catherine references we got throughout the episode, too :). I missed Cath :(. Even though I missed her I still think it was a pretty great episode.

We even got continuity with the octopus thing and Hodges :eek:.

Looking forward to meeting Julie now :).

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

GNRFAN is right...Sara said "she" so I assume she meant Catherine. :)

13. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

FYI it's David Gallagher's birthday today lol.

Anyhow I LOVED this episode! Even though Cath is gone, I think writers did well in still remembering her and not blowing her off just yet ;)

I agree with everything people have said. A great episode with group dynamic and jokes. Good point whoever said an Empty Eyes reference was just around the corner haha. I felt bad for D.B. Though I'm really happy Sara was there all cool and composed. I just really wish we could hear Cath's end during the phone convo. I know she just left but it would have made it that much more personal and special, ya know? :/

A for me! (I still think they'd be fine without another new someone else, but I'll give Julie a try since a lot have said Liz Shue is great. Though it can't get as crazy as when Langston came in...I hope) I'll stop going on now :)

Ooo I almost forgot. While watching I was so so so happy I cut my hair for donation. I'm a brunette :D eeep

14. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I really liked this episode:thumbsup:

my god, what that serial killer was doing was creepy (not to mention kinda sadistic) enough. I did enjoy the suspense, how it was unpredictable who this guy was throughout the episode.

So it turned out to be the doctor, and he was trying to recreate his mom?????....sick.

I like how both Sara and D.B. led the case, both did an awesome job :thumbsup::hugegrin:all the main characters had good moments with each other and a pretty even amount of screen time :D :D (especially, Sara, Greg, Nick, Morgan, Brass and D.B.). Even though I missed Catherine, That was so awesome that they had some continuity with her, first Nick and Greg talk about her, than D.B. calls her on the phone :D. awww everyone's missing her!

15. GregNickRyanFan

One question: Do people have to go through a psych eval before being a certified doctor? Cause this guy surely proved they should LOL. Hard to believe that's the same guy from the original "Fright Night", "Mannequin 2" and "Herman's Head". He looks so different now.