"Time of Your Death" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

Seriously i dont know what the whole big deal is about Sara and Gris is but god talk about making something over nothing if everybody went crazy over just some looks and stares i can only imagine what a kiss will do!!! (no offense to NO ONE!).

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I have thought several episodes this season have been disappointing or down right sucked. I am quickly losing interest. I find this shipper discussion annoying, not intriquing or suspenseful. Grissom and Sara would be considered sexual harassment. Warrick's wife could prosecute Catherine for alienation of affection. Soap opera nonsense on a crime investigation show that can totally screw ratings. It is also an easy out for any number of characters that may want out of their contracts or writers that may want to take them off the show. Let them do it and there are a number of good shows right now that will take over the top 5 in show slots right now as LV quickly drops in ratings.

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I doubt that Grissom and Sara's "relationship" (if you can even call it that) could be construed as sexual harrassment. ;)

4. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Yes, I was not overly pleased with this episode.

The only parts I liked was Greg. That was it.

Oh, and I kept thinking "There are some shippers out there jumping for joy, and others throwing things at the tv"

Haha, but I guess they couldnt make that one too good with the finale next... w/e

5. drummergurll

drummergurll Police Officer

the episode was so boring...the most exciting parts were when i was freaking out about the sara/grissom looks...they better not get together....snickers all the way!

6. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

I just read three pages of debate over... well you all know who. And it was probably no more than aminute of footage! :)

All I can say is that the story line was okay-ish. Not great, not horrible, but average. I can't believe the bodygaurds killed the victim! :(
    And the funny lines of Archie, Brass, Doc Robbins and Greg really made the show more tolerable. (Someone mentioned them somewhere...)

Everything that can possibly be said about "the looks" have already been said. I will not discuss it, and to make sure of that, I won't even say their names! :D

With that said, I am expecting a much more exciting episode next week and I hope people who want to discuss the actual plot aren't too disappointed. I'm probably one of the few people who tried to pay attention to the case, and despite my awful memory, I can try and tell you the gist of it... if you're really interested.
    Or I can be yet another contributor to... the *ahem* look that sent 1000 fans into shock. Well... maybe more than 1000. :lol:

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Well thats a good thing about debates, there really is no such thing as sides, just opinions vs opinions, I don't see a side there just a thought. It's about the ep, its about the discussion and its about the fans interreptation of the episode. :)

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I agree - this wasn't top notch by any means, but I'm thking that if it had not followed Rashomama, we might not have thought it was so boring~ A few good lines, but the story was not up to par. It was a come-down from last week for sure.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Soap opera? They looked at each other- they didn't f*** each other in the breakroom table. I don't think CSI is turning soap opera- I actually kind of like the drama that's going on.

me= jumps the GCR ship and swims on over to GSR

Kidding. kidding.

I've read some of the spoilers at YTDAW- and erm, apparently my hopes and dreams have crashed.

:(

10. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i was yelling at the tv....the finale i am going to get stuff ready to throw...

11. eraf

eraf Dead on Arrival

"Perhaps TOYD will start something to be continued in the finale. "

That is what I am afraid of and the reason why I am no longer interested in seeing the finale. If they are going to turn this into a soap opera then I might as well go watch one. I did not like this show and stay loyal to it so i could watch the characters give up their careers for a bit of nookie. So lame. I am really disapoointed in TPTB. This show always stood out as an original and now they are truning it into every show out there. It is the begining of the end.

12. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

Who are this people saying the show is getting too soapy?
    This episode was far from soap opera like.
    No drama around the characters. It just seems to me like people who dislike GSR suddenly think it's getting too soapy...I never heard anything about this after Cath/Warrick's almost kiss in 'Down the Drain', or their conversation in 'Bodies in motion', Grissom/Lady H in 'Lady Heather's Box' to name a few.
    These were just a few glances, for God's sake.

Anyway, the case itself was average, but I loved the chemistry between Grissom and Sara in this episode.
    No dialogue needed.

13. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I really do not think this show is getting more "soapy" than it has been in the past just because the relationship that was exposed in this particular episode happened to be GSR. I mean, I'll be honest, there was a period where I didn't like Cath at all for a few seasons, started off loving her, hated her, and now I like her again... and during those three seasons, there was a LOT of drama for her, and that seemed more soap-operaish to me than anything we got last night.

I could sit here and name so many instances where I felt that the show was more "soapy" than last night, but I really don't want to risk pissing other people off who might have absolutely adored these things I found soapy. But, suffice it to say, the majority of the things I found "soapy" had nothing to do with a ship. At all.

I admit, this ep was heavy-handed on the GSR, and I doubt we'll see this level of heavy-handedness again regardless of what the finale showcases or doesn't. It's not in the style of CSI to do this.

Look, I think that this was just like the Snakes scene from season 5.. without it, Nesting Dolls with Sara telling Gris what happened to her family would not have worked. It's TPTB saying "whoops, we haven't done anything with these two in a while, and if we want a big moment to work, we better do something fast."

Honestly, quick-fix eps drive me nuts, and much as I'm bouncing around, I'm realistic about the circumstances around it. This is a television series, and while we like to pretend the character on the screen are in control of their lives, they are not. The executives, producers, etc have the power. They get to decide what stays and goes...

Anyways, the point of this rant was that I disagree that the show is NOW going soapy. I think it's had soapy moments throughout its run. And yeah, at the time, I may have complained, but in retrospect, it wasn't nearly the big deal I thought it was. I'm not telling anyone here to NOT voice their opinions! I'm just curious how we'll all look back on this in a year... much as I look back on the soapy moments of seasons 2-5... meh. Overall, I still love this show.

14. eraf

eraf Dead on Arrival

Yes!!! Exactly right. Very well said. No ships would be better. And There was much more heat bewteen LH and Grissom. We know he is capable of it but they go such a lame route with GSR. It was like a grade school crush and I do not beleive a 50+ man would act that way. He certainly didn't with LH. There is no continuity. That is going to kill the show.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Umm, Destiny, are you going to say something about Ship bashing? I expect fairness here, there have been 3 posts in a row with bashing in it now.