CSI:NY to go on hiatus in February

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PerfectAnomaly, Dec 16, 2011.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Another reason Miami is likely to be renewed might be because it's done better in the Sunday timeslot (where its delayed and preempted by sports and other things) than any other show CBS has tried in that timeslot.

2. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

None of us are prepared to see Mac leave just yet. Especially since (IMO) it and CSI Las Vegas have gotten much better in the past couple of seasons while CSI Miami jumped the shark long ago and has yet to land.
    Having said that,it looks very much like this will be CSI NY's last season. You don't reduce the number of episodes for a show, put it on a hiatus and put it in a bad time slot if you intend to bring it back.
    Despite all that, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that TPTB still see it has enough left in the tank for one more season at least.

3. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

Indeed it has. Cold Case(I still miss that show) got slaughtered in that time slot in it's final year.

4. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

To be honest, I'm not ready to say goodbye to all 3 shows period.

And football is officially over with Sunday night's Superbowl, so no more late starts, hopefully (keep fingers crossed!). :)

5. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I wanted to share a link to the thread about trying to save CSI: NY. I hope we can make a difference. Any help would be great. I was part of something similar last year to save the girls on Criminal Minds. They did let the girls go, but the fight we put in brought them back and now we have the whole team together again. Maybe if we can do that here it would make a difference. Please check it out. http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=64360

6. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

me neither :(

7. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

but what about the fact that it's consistently winning the hour week after week, even with a small ratings dip? does that mean nothing?

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I know the ratings have been good but when it goes to money wise, I don't think it matters.

9. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

Sadly it doesn't. The ratings aren't high enough to make a difference to the bean counters.