Grade 'Brooklyn 'Til I Die'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Feb 3, 2012.

?

How would you grade Brooklyn 'Til I Die?

1. A+

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. A

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. A-

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  5. B

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  6. B-

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

First installment this month! Give tonight's episode a watch and let us know what you thought. :cool:

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Am I going to be the only one posting a review here? I'm so lonley. :(

I really liked this episode.

No Adam.

Great line by Lindsay. :guffaw:

Finally meet Christine and I like her so far.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I had to watch part of it...got home in time to see the last 25 min and then had to go back lol

I liked it fairly well. They did well letting Danny and Lindsay interact with others more than they often get to. I will keep an open mind about Christine, though I still feel sad about Claire lol

4. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

Solid episode..I do miss seeing Adam though. How sad that even while kidnapped,Preston Seville jr's hatred of his father was almost as great as his fear of dying.

5. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Christine was alright. I love the continuity at the end, referencing back to "Indelible". Though I did kind of laugh at Christine's giant, oversized coffee cup. :lol:

6. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Now what I want to know is did her brother die on 9/11 as well?

I mean we saw Mac and her brother in a squad car as a flashback.

Maybe she had two brothers but that sucks to have them both die tragically.

I bet maybe the writers forgot the episode 'Charge of the Post'.

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I gave this one a B+. I thought the case story was pretty good, and was especially glad that the kidnap victim didn't turn out to be in on it (in the sense that he orchestrated that). I also liked that the kidnappers came off as smart to the CSIs because Preston gave them the idea for how to actually get the money out of his father. I felt so bad for him when he said he knew his father wouldn't pay.

Not sure that I care about the umpteenth Mac love interest. For me, Mac has zero sex appeal (I know I'm in the minority on that in this forum :lol: ;) ) so seeing all of these beautiful women pursue him really seems unrealistic and far-fetched to me. I did like Christine, and thought her hint of a NY accent was a nice touch.

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'm pretty stingy with A's, but I gave this episode one. I really liked it. If I hadn't accidentally spoiled myself before I watched it this afternoon I would've been guessing at how things were going to play out. There were also some really good character moments as there have been the past few episodes.

I liked the fact that they showed Lindsay doing the cop aspect of the job. Most of the time she seems like a glorified lab tech and Danny's boo and that can sometimes make it unrealistic when she does the cop side of the job, but this time I thought it was good to see her out with the guys.

There were also a lot of good lines in this one, which made it more entertaining as well.

A good episode for me.

9. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

I liked when Flack said he didn't need a confession, he was just asking for his amusement. And did he call the two brothers "dumber than bait" or did I mishear that?

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^That's what I heard, too. Flack did crack me up in that scene--he's always hilarious.

11. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I gave it a b+. I missed Adam and the case reminded me of a previous Csi Ny episode as well as a Castle ep. Nevertheless, it was all right. I can see Top 41's comment because even as I think Gary is attractive, Mac's persona doesn't scream, "I need a woman." I also wondered if the woman's brother was a 9/11 victim and wouldn't surprise me if that is a subplot up ahead. As for the crime, it was a bit frustrating that the victim boy tried to get his old man. Would he be charged with anything? The actor distracted me because he reminded me of an ex friend but he was attractive. :lol:

12. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

I don't think the son would be charged with anything. He most certainly didn't plan to have his fantasy end up with his friend being murdered and him losing his finger.
    As for the father..it should also be pointed out that even after getting the finger, the dad wouldn't pay up. Clearly these two have issues that may never end up working out.

13. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

True. The dad was an ass. No matter what riff parents should care about seeing his son's finger in a box.

14. Rena

Rena Rookie

What I don't get is how Mac could arrive at the crime scene at 7:20 a.m. and be in his office 40 minutes later at 8:00 a.m., receiving the e-mail from christine?! Check out the wristwatch he wears :lol:

I think it was a good episode with an interesting case. Yet I'm not sure how much time they needed to solve it. Seemed just like a day...THAT is really unrealistic....

To be honest I thought I would hate Christine just the way I didn't like the other so called "love interests", but she seems to be very nice. Also I think it's very nice that she knew Claire as well, you know, as if she was friends with both Mac and Claire. I think it's much more realistic than having her known Mac before he got married and then lost sight only of him. You know what I'm saying? I think many of us know this very weird moment when you meet someone you used to be good friends with after such a long time. On the one hand there is this kind of familiarity, but on the other so much time has passed and people have changed. Yet you still find some old habits or so that make you think of old times and shared memories, things you thought you had forgotten but then you remember and it makes you smile...yes, I actually like the idea that they had been friends 15 years earlier but lost sight of each other...

...I gave it an A

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  15. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I will have to re watch this episode.

But yeah, I kinda did think maybe Mac and Claire knew Christine and she knew them.

EDIT: The writers have always did that, the case solved in a day. I think they do that for Miami and Las Vegas. And maybe other cop shows.