Episode 10x13 - 'Terminal Velocity' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jan 29, 2012.

?

Grade 'Terminal Velocity'

1. A+

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. A

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  3. B+

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. B

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  5. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. C

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  7. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. D

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  9. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

FutonCritic

CSI: MIAMI
    Air Date: Sunday, January 29, 2012
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#1013) "Terminal Velocity"

WHEN A SKYDIVER IS MURDERED, THE CSIs DISCOVER THAT HE HAS MORE THAN 100 CHILDREN AND ALL OF THEM ARE SUSPECTS, ON "CSI: MIAMI," SUNDAY, JAN. 29

"Terminal Velocity" - When a skydiver is murdered, the CSIs discover that he has more than 100 children and all of them are suspects, on CSI: MIAMI, Sunday, Jan. 29 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
    David Caruso (Horatio Caine)
    Emily Procter (Calleigh Duquesne)
    Adam Rodriguez (Eric Delko)
    Jonathan Togo (Ryan Wolfe)
    Rex Linn (Det. Frank Tripp)
    Eva La Rue (Natalia Boa Vista)
    Omar Miller (Walter Simmons)

GUEST CAST:
    Ron Melendez (Kevin Ramsey)
    Paola Turbay (Meredith Ramsey)
    Elisabeth Rohm (Jill Ferris)
    Grant Gustin (Scott Ferris)
    Romy Rosemont (Amy Burton)
    Grant Gustin (Trent Burton)
    Beau Cybulski (Cameron Locke)
    Brian White (Greg McCallister)
    David Warshofsky (Arnie Tice)
    Javier Grajeda (Dr. Purwin)
    Landon Ashworth (Motorist)

WRITTEN BY: Robert Hornak and Brian Davidson
    DIRECTED BY: Sylvain White
    RATING: To Be Announced ​

2. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

Evidently, golf doesn't pay as much as football, because the golf went into overtime, but CBS switched the overtime to a sports channel so that the prime time lineup will be on time.

3. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

This episode is just weird...and to be honest, a bit creepy.

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That's why I like it .
    There was a case years ago concerning a donor ( I believe in Va. but I could be wrong) that had many donor kids also. He had some type of eye disorder and so did some of the kids.

5. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Aww, the ending.

You sneaky Natalia!

[​IMG]

6. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

okay episode-just thought it was amusing the picture of the man's late daughter who died from the disease is the little girl from several season's ago when Horatio helped a girl divorce her mom for using her. The one where a blond woman had internet pictures of herself looking sexy and some with her little girl. The little girl ran away to a library and Horatio knew where to find her and Calleigh's dad helped the girl so she wouldn't have to go live with the mom. The picture is the same little girl I"m sure of it...guess I"ve been watching so many reruns from AMC & A&E now...

7. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Ladyjr8--I noticed that about the photo too! This episode was great for me because Ryan had more screentime than usual. He had the best lines also. David had limited screentime; wonder if he was taking a much deserved break. Appears that Emily is still in the background, and Eva is taking more of the lead role. I agree with previous posts that Emily probably wants it that way for now.

8. yen35

yen35 Witness

Nice episode.
    Gosh, I didn't realize that sperm from 1 donor could be used to father so many children or was the clinic illegal in doing that?
    I guess the doctor was right in that one can't screen for every single genetic disorder.
    Although I was very puzzled as to how one identical twin can have this genetic condition and the other cannot when identical twins are genetically identical (same genes).

9. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Okay-ish sort of episode - couldn't get very excited about any of it. And 'limited screen time' with both leading man and leading lady (for whatever reason) does NOT a good episode make.

10. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

One of my favorites from the season - I loved the plot. I too wondered if having 103 kids was possible with the same father and how many times would he have to donate???? I liked Ryan's reaction.

Four SHORT Horatio scenes? Seriously?????? That took the episode down to an A- for me, though I did love the cat-and-mouse chase with the pilot.

I wonder if David has been having less scenes recently because the writers want him in less or because he has other obligations that take up more of his time.

11. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

ladyjr8
    Me too. At least, I'm not crazy. That's great:lol:

daisymay
    Totally agree.
    Even in such a "quiet" episode (not much fighting, shooting, chasing etc) H and Calleigh might have had more screentime. And Eric's presence was reduced too. It's kinda Nat-Walter-Ryan -episode.

But anyway I like it. Nice believable plot, not much forensics (only DNA), interesting twist with pilot and... I knew it was his wife!:lol:

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yeah I agree. It was a good premise for an episode and it had it's interesting moments but I was mostly bored. I'm way ahead in angry birds now lol. But that happens to me when there's a lot of Ryan and Natalia. They just don't pull me in and I end up not enjoying the episode even if the story is interesting. I also didn't like Ryan's reaction when he said "they are not his kids, they are not his responsibility". I just found it kind of macho and arrogant. I do understand all the legal and rights stuff but still. Since that's exactly what the father thought he didn't feel the need to help his dying son.

I missed Horatio. Even though Cal and Eric are my faves (and they too had little screentime) I found myself wondering were the heck was H. The episode felt weird without him around as much.

On a brighter note I did like the ending when Natalia had the two brothers take the van together. That was really nice to watch.

I have a question though, what about the "mom" who stole the baby? She was right in there in the van with the rest of them going home. She wasn't going to have ANY legal ramifications for keeping that baby? That was weird for me.

C-.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Was there not a grading poll put up for this episode, or is just one of the things that disappeared in the board revamp?

About the episode:

When Walter and Ryan reacted to a smell and lifted the body, I thought they were gonna find a dead skunk or something.

LOL and H and Frank telling the guy in the tree that they were leaving him there so they'd know where he was. I'm sure they had someone cut him down though.

Natalia and Ryan are both wearing green and so is the pilot they are talking to.

I agree with Walter about the parachutes.

The scene where Ryan and Natalia are looking on the donor kids site was cute.

The surrogate claimed she didn't have money to get her own kid, but don't you get paid for being a surrogate? And if she'd done it that many times, shouldn't she have a decent chunk of cash?

I figured the wife was the killer. It would have to be someone pretty close to him to get near his pack.

Hopefully the twin can be a donor and his wealthy mom can pay the medical bills... it is her kid biologically after all.

One question though: Shouldn't the surrogate be arrested for kidnapping since she took the twin without permission?

14. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ I didn't put up a grading poll on this episode-- it actually totally slipped my mind. :lol: I'll see if I can add it now.

ETA: Poll added. Thanks for reminding me!

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh, okay. I was just wondering.