"Willows in the Wind" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jan 22, 2012.

1. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

One thing that puzzled me is that Cath's house didn't look like it has been shot at with glass and other debris scattered everywhere where Nick and Sara were investigating at, from where the last episode left off at. Maybe, I was hearing things, but did Nick or Sara said that someone made the place or at least some parts of the place looked untouched or something? If so, in such a short amount of time? Confusing to me.

I would've liked to have seen Cath give everyone her last hug and her comments had it not have been for that very last scene. But, I thought of it as a nice nod to Holly Griggs in the Pilot episode. I wonder if that was the same place and the same table as in the pilot episode. It could very well be some kind of running gag to have Catherine's dear friends or associates turn on her, but her last speech to her childhood friend was well-written. It kind of reminds me of NY's Stella giving her last speech to, I think, her foster sister in Cold Reveal.

Though, I would also like to have seen Catherine visit Warrick's resting place (wherever it is) and say goodbye to him, since I'm a bit of a Warrick/Catherine shipper myself.

It would've been written better, but it was worth not missing tonight! I didn't tear up in anyways, but this was a great farewell episode to me! I miss you, Catherine Willows!!

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I am SOOO with you here. I so wanted to like this episode, but it was so.... hurried, rushed, put together on the fly and it fell short. I know I'm going to get hit over the head with flying chairs, but I expected a more dignified and less action packed exit for Catherine. Yes, it was her friend and yes she was involved but come on, being shot, faking her death, clearing her name... seems very familiar to the Ray/Nate showdowns of previous seasons. To me, Catherine should have a more refine and less ACTION PACKED episode to send her off.

I realize they wanted to show how tough Catherine is and what a great CSI she is and how far she has come, but it was so rushed, and so over the top for me, I didn't get that message.

I did like the chemistry between her and Agent McQuaid. I wish either they killed him off and he was 'on the side of good' per Michael Keppler, or he was dirty and stayed dirty. I didn't like that he 'all of a sudden' tried to warn Catherine because he was attracted to her. I'm glad she didn't fall for him either.

The part about her saying she thought at times she needed a man in her life had me thinking about her and Vartann. That's probably the reason she was so non committal about their relationship, she really didn't know what she wanted.

I did however like the part where she told D.B about her past. He didn't seem to care. They have great chemistry and work well together. Part of me wants her to stay just so they could relive the Cath/Gil days because to me Cath and D.B have that same dynamic.

The ending with Morgan was also good, a good shout out to CSI of old and the pilot where Cath talked to Holly about the job.

I guess I wanted a more quiet, more though provoking episode not a very fast paced pieced together episode that had way to much stuff to make it believable.

Catherine will be missed for sure. Not sure if CSI is in the cards for me right now. Perhaps I'll catch an episode or two since Vartann is remaining on the show.

I do know that Marg is a very talented actress and she'll do great in whatever she pursues.

3. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

I'm pretty sure that the writers would want to bring about everyone in this episode for Catherine's farewell. I would've like to see Archie, too! And Henry and Hodges out in the field? Nice. I'm starting to see CSI episodes looking somewhat like Smallville or sci-fi like since D.B. was brought in. Not that I have a problem with it. But, I sure hope it doesn't become unrealistic or too action-packed for me. But, the whole too-proud-to-get-medical-treatment-and-too-eager-to-fight-crime has gotten too old for me. Sometimes, I wish that an injured CSI would at least get some rest or medical treatment and not play superhero for a change. Otherwise it wouldn't be realistic.

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

This was like last week's episode where the lawyer's office had been shot up and then fixed back up in like 45 minutes. Really, really unbelievable no matter how good they are. :wtf: I mean, in Cath's house they actually were able to repair bookshelves and picture frames and yet...they didn't clean the blood under the throw rug? I guess maybe that was part of the "getting sloppy" where they were trying to frame the other guy, but still.

Anyway, yeah...the ending did seem rushed. I wonder how much time there was between her talking to Laura and then the family meeting? Because turning down the job offer then talking to Laura and changing her mind right away? They could have established a little better that some time had passed for her to make the decision.

The medical thing...yeah, that was kind of silly how she and DB were laughing it up afterward like she didn't have a hole in her side. :wtf: I gave Nick the exact same injury in a fan fic once and he paid for it a bit more realistically. ;)

But overall I think the wrap up and send off were fitting. :)

5. xenon22

xenon22 Victim

I really wanted to like this episode given that it was Catherine's last, and I've been looking forward to her leaving the show forever. Ever since Grissom left I've been forcing myself to try.... "give Fishburne a chance"...."Ted Danson is awesome so keep watching".. etc etc.
    Finally, it all felt contrived, choppy, boring, and quite non-plausible.

But, I suppose, since this is how I've always seen Catherine's character (non-plausible), the episode was ultimately fitting as her last. Her goodbyes were sappy and in-sincere and that last restaurant scene was particularly brutal.....

6. Biomeka

Biomeka Hit and Run

could anyone answer my question about the bullet wounds?

7. Biomeka

Biomeka Hit and Run

Maybe she's related to Wolverine from X-men. :rommie:

8. byline

byline CSI Level One

It was the professional crew's M.O. to clean up the scene, as they had done in previous instances. But in this case, it was the "imposter" cleanup crew (which included Agent McQuid) that did the job. That's why they were such poor shots, compared to the real pros, and did a shoddy job of cleaning up; they weren't the real crew, but were pretending (via Mark's not-dead wife, Laura) in order to point suspicion back at Mark Gabriel.

9. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

I thought it was a fantastic episode. I see everyone's point of how it appeared rushed, jam-packed, and similar to Langston, but overall I thought it was a nice send off for Cath. There were some really great dynamics between Cath and DB as well as with Brass and Sara/Nick. I guess I have to agree the whole Cath being shot yet coming to the rescue and playing the hero was a little unrealistic, but it's TV and it was her exit. Where exactly did DB and Cath meet her old friend that helped her at the motel?? I was wrong about the letter but I wasn't totally wrong about both Laura and McQuaid's death. I was really surprised that McQuaid was bad. I mean come on. Cath liked this guy and yeah he tried to warn her but why not just keep it that he died--like Keppler--whoever said that prior. The ending scene still has me thinking...I liked it, it was very creative and unique to connect Morgan's experience to Holly's but I wasn't jumping for joy. For a sec I thought it was Lindsay. Even tho WP was a long shot at this point I still had the tiniest bit of hope he'd show up. Nothing against the scene, I love Morgan, but I thought'd it be different. Overall I loved this episode. Marg did amazing as usual. I'm hesitant on how the rest of the season will go but I'll still watch it.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I see people mentioning that it was nice to see the return of Kitty. Um... she was in an episode before? I don't remember her from another episode. Could someone post what episode and what kind of involvement she had in it please? I have a bad memory apparently LOL.

11. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I think Shane said on Twitter that it was Death and the Maiden

12. GregNickRyanFan

What season was that? I remember the title, but no idea what episode/season it was LOL.

13. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

Season 10 - I only remember because I saw a repeat of it today :D

14. GregNickRyanFan

Okay, thank you. I'll have to pull out my dvds and re-watch that episode in a couple of hours LOL.

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Liked the episode but do agree the ending felt rushed. Loved when DB called his wife from the strip club and he got "offended" because she quickly assumed he was working a case :lol:. That scene between him and Cath and her talking about how she began as a CSI was great. I'm glad there were moments here and there that went back to how it all began. I'm not exactly sure the last scene with Morgan worked but I respect the idea and see what they were going for there.

It's really a shame that Marg is leaving now because she and Ted are wonderful together. I really would've liked to see more of them. Ted/DB is really what CSI needed and I just love the dynamic between Cath and DB.