Crossing Jordan

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Agertays, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

wow other people like Crossing jordan besides me and my grandparents. i don't know anyone that watches this show it awesome. Jordan is such a great character. she's soo determined and thick- headed which makes Jordan such a good role model for women. Jill Hennessey plays Jordan brilliantly and i love Jerry O'Connell on this show too he's soo cute as Woody.

2. nickgregfan

nickgregfan Prime Suspect

I have recently gotten into this show and love what I see so far. I've seen a few of the past shows, and wish that "peter" would come back (loved him in the short lived Hawaii).

BUt I"m really hoping that Lily and Matt (I think) the detective dude hook up. :lol:

3. soph

soph CSI Level One

Anyone in Aus watch last night? With Woody's brother?
    I thought it was so cool how they had Jerry O'Connell's real brother play his brother on the show.
    And poor Bug!
    The end was sweet though.

4. Agertays

Agertays CSI Level Three

Oh My Goodness, last night was the only epsiode that i have missed. I went to bed because skool started today, so i wanted to make sure i could get up on time, but i still didn't so i should've watched it :(

5. Guest

Guest Guest

i loved this ep it was on a few weeks ago here in the US. i couldn't handle having both Jerry O'Connell and his real bro Charlie (i believe i forgot his name how terrible)they are both soo hot!!!!! :devil: :D

yeah poor Bug he got the crap beat out of him. i felt worse for Nigel b/c that's his buddy and to see him upset when he's always soo up was sad to see but yes the ending was good i liked the whole ep

6. jeniks

jeniks Police Officer

i loved that episode when it was on a few weeks ago here!! :) loved the Nigel/Bug bickering after Bug's conscious again! loved the Woody/Jordan stuff!
    in other news....yet again they've shown the "Embraceable You" promo. Perhaps the third time (has it just been three) is a charm. It will be odd to see this episode out of order with the recent Garret/Lily stuff (or am I the only one seeing this again...he was ultra jealous ex cum concerned friend when recently. I know she's been through a lot and I know they have history and that they're all like family, and he's comforting, but the comforting looks like slightly more (again could just be their history, or could be that this actually is happening, or it could be that i'm seeing something that isn't there because I'm freaked out that they'll try to put them together yet again, despite the train wreak it has proven to be in the past) anyway...
    really really liked last weeks episode with the hostage stuff and quite enjoyed the dignitary's interaction with Lily...and the stuff with Bug! He is so sweet! I'm looking forward to further exploration of the blood type stuff, 'cuase you know Bug won't be able to keep it to himself. :)

7. CSI_Gal

CSI_Gal Prime Suspect

I absolutely love Crossing Jordan! There's only three shows I make a point to watch every week and it's one of them.

I really enjoyed the episode with Charlie in it too, I thought it was cool to bring his real brother in. (btw, did ya'll know that Jill Hennessy's also an identical twin?) Seeing Bug in the hospital and Nigel all worried about him... good stuff. not that he got hurt but the drama around it. :)

8. jeniks

jeniks Police Officer

yipee...they did play "Embraceable You" and there's a new episode for next week.
    I absolutely LOVED Lily in this epsiode....and i loved the look on Bug's face with the "are you all right?" I'm liking Sandra Burnhart's character and would enjoy here as a recurring role. anybody know if she's supposed to be on more than the two we've seen her in? it'd be neat to see her like we see Renea and Matt...jmo. :)
    okay, so i've got to mention it....so frustrated when Woody cut Jordan off and so just wanted her to say something!!! and totally wanted SOMETHING to happen. I did like the "is that what you think" "No, but if I keep telling myself maybe i'll believe it" (or something like that)....I enjoyed that despite not letting her talk, he still layed it on the line and let her know that despite his words to the contrary, he's open and the ball's in her court. but sheesh! talk about unrequited!

9. CSI_Gal

CSI_Gal Prime Suspect

I absolutely loved last night episode. I was so annoyed when it went unaired because of basketball coverage so I'm really glad they played it.

I felt so bad for Woody when Jordan turned him down. :( I know she's got issues but come on! It's Woody, and they've been doing this for far to long. I hope he's still persistant though because I'd like to see them together.

I was cracking up when that guy attacked Bug and Lily. And the body fell on Bug, then Lily beating the crap outta him. The look on his face was priceless. I loved it.

10. jeniks

jeniks Police Officer

hmmmm...do you think she did turn him down? it kinda looked to me like she was thinking about maybe taking a bit of a risk. he did tell her not to say anything. I loved Nigel's reaction - "Woody got you a ring?" and then whatever he said along the lines of pressing her to make a decision already! I was hoping that with the 'love matters' and the boy and the baby and the bracelet.... she was thinking awefully hard. of course, i'm most likely only seeing the possibility of something there because I really want something to be there. hehe...I am replaying all Woody/Jordan interaction from the past few episodes (that sequentially followed this one) for any clue. :)

11. CSI_Gal

CSI_Gal Prime Suspect

I don't think she indefinatly turned him down. But she didn't say yes either and that can put some strain on any possible relationship. I think in the back of her mind she's thinking about it. She's just to afraid to open up to people most of the time. I just hope he doesn't give up on her cuz i'm a big jordan/woody shipper. :) Obviously he's still thinking about her because he talked to his brother about her and I believe that was the episode that was supposed to be right after this one.

12. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Ferrer Faces Crisis in 'Jordan' Finale

May 3, 10:20 AM (ET)
    By BRIDGET BYRNE

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Miguel Ferrer sounds pleased with an upcoming surprise on NBC's "Crossing Jordan" - even though it entails his character getting fired.

"The producer said 'I want you to hear - before you hear from everyone else - the last episode you get fired. You leave the morgue ... Don't worry, you come back!'" recalls Ferrer, who plays Garret Macy, mentor to medical examiner Jordan Cavanaugh (Jill Hennessy).

All he can reveal is: "Some borderline impropriety from a long time ago comes back to haunt Dr. Macy."

He isn't divulging details on why Macy gets the boot and what personal crisis he has to overcome before he returns to duty when the show begins its fifth season. (The fourth-season finale airs 10 p.m. EDT May 15.)

Series creator Tim Kring offers some insight, though, into why it's a good move to put one of the series' lynchpin characters through this plot twist. When first introduced, Macy was clearly in a midlife crisis. But Ferrer's confident handling of the role nudged the character toward greater stability, said Kring.

"Miguel carries with him a tremendous amount of dignity and quiet strength, so the idea of a man falling apart didn't fit quite as well," says Kring, describing how Macy quickly evolved into someone with personal and professional authority.

But now, "It's time to see some cracks in the armor and to sort of let him get a bit less heroic ... to see some of his demons rise up, to reveal that this infallible character is obviously fallible," Kring explains. (He adds that a "real taskmaster, hated by everyone," played by Henry Winkler, gets Macy's job for the time being.)

While Macy has a few months off worrying about whether he'll get his job back, Ferrer will spend his hiatus feeling happy he still has a job "with pretty few minuses."

The 50-year-old Ferrer, the eldest of singer Rosemary Clooney and actor Jose Ferrer's five children, planned to be a musician rather than an actor and began playing drums when he was about 8.

"I was drawn to it much to my father's dismay. He wanted me to be a pianist like he was, but I had coarser tastes - like that old joke: What do you call a guy who hangs around with musicians? A drummer," he chuckles.

He played on Keith Moon's 1975 album "Both Sides of the Moon," and tried for "so long to be as good as I could." These days he just plays for fun with friends, because "I'm way too old for that stuff now."

He says he "came to acting pretty late. It looked wonderful, but I guess I was intimidated by my father. I look a bit like him and he was so much bigger than life and so great it took me a bit longer than most people to have enough confidence in myself."

Now that confidence often has Ferrer cast in roles of authority - on both sides of the law.

Recently he played Col. Garret in the 2004 remake of the political thriller "The Manchurian Candidate." In 2000, he was a drug dealer in the critically acclaimed "Traffic," and he played an FBI agent in the quirky TV series "Twin Peaks" in 1990.

The success of forensic shows has created pressure on "Crossing Jordan" to be more graphic, but the producers of the character-driven series have resisted going too far in that direction.

"Clearly there is a tolerance level that has gone up, but the funny thing is that none of us at the top of this show have a whole lot of stomach for that," says Kring.

And Ferrer certainly doesn't.

When the show started, it was suggested everyone take a trip to the Los Angeles County morgue. "I think I was the only one who refused and everyone who went regrets it," says the actor, who is happy to rely on the show's technical advisers to tell him what to do during autopsy scenes.

One big lesson Ferrer had to learn was to be tougher in his handling of the show's prop corpses. "They kept telling me I was being too delicate and that I shouldn't be delicate because (in reality) they just really throw 'em around and hack 'em open and do what they gotta do."

13. jeniks

jeniks Police Officer

ahhhh....
    that's it? that's how they're going to end the season?!? really! Are my shows out to do me in? Okay, so I admit it, I'm a Jordan/Woody shipper - arghhhh! come on already - we know she's bound to have anghst as it's just in her nature, but sheesh, isn't enough enough, let the girl have a bit of happiness. the finale was a rough episode for her all around! and for goodness sakes, Woody is like the only eteral positive character (okay, I'll give you the Nigel kooky positivity - at least until last week -- talk about a major bummer!) and now they mess with him so he'll be in a perpetual funk of self pity. The show needs the positive characters in the face of Jordan and Macy, and Bug's realism/pessimism. in the past I could count on Lilly as a basic pick me up, but the job (and her mother's death, and the stuff with Macy) has gotten to her.
    okay, so that's my tyraid. :) any other thoughts out there?

14. CSI_Grissom

CSI_Grissom Lab Technician

is it a new ep tonight?

wait is the one with the plane crash, i am so excited, it looks really good

oh, by the way, hi everybody, crossing jordan was one the very fist shows that i got addicted to

the thing that i love about crossing jordan, is that although there is always the case, it is able to incorparate so much character interaction without becomgin a soap opera, that is what has impressed me so much about it, we all know that with CSI, we look forward to every second of character interaction, becuase they are normally few and far between, but with this show, you get plenty, thats what keeps me happy!

15. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Judging by your banner, what keeps you happy is MMS (major multi-shipping). But I did not see Jordan and Woody or any others from CJ.