BBC Sherlock Series

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by shazza_018, Aug 9, 2010.

1. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Don't know if we have a thread for this, mods I did take a quick glance but feel free to merge if I missed it.

This is an amazing 3 part drama of modern day Sherlock Holmes and John Watson. Its given the BBC a record audience and it is brilliant. You'd think it was overdone, taking something classic and just making a mess of it but it isn't like that. It's awesome, just annoyed that there were only 3 parts to it and we were left on the edge as it were.

Benedict Cumberbatch (who plays Sherlock Holmes) said on an interview in The One Show that he hopes for more and he'd be up for it. So all isn't lost.

It's also set to air in the States (Sources).

So has anyone else watched this? Like it?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Shazza, not seeing a specific thread for it. So your clear to keep going without a problem. :)

BTW haven't seen it. Sounds interesting.

3. shazza_018

Yes it is you can find more about it on the BBC website for it. Also as the article I provided a link to in my first post states it's due to air in the US in towards the end of October. I do hope we get some more episodes here aswell tho. I really want more haha.

Anyone else from the UK watched it?

4. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

I've been watching and I think it's fantastic. It helps that Martin Freeman is in it and I've really enjoyed almost everything he's been in.

The last I saw on Digital Spy is that it was almost certainly getting a second series.

DS link

5. shazza_018

^I hope so Yoshi, I agree with you it is fantastic.

Yeah I've heard will probably have more later on, sometime next year maybe cause one of the writers also do Doctor Who so that's understandable. Ah, well it'll be worth the wait.

6. Selphie

Selphie Hit and Run

digitalspy There are going to be 3 more 90 minute stories in autum 2011

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  7. shazza_018

So Sherlock has a new series, anyone watched the first episode?
    I have to say if I'm being honest I didn't really like Sunday's episode, I found it slightly boring but that's just my opinion. Looking forward to this week episode. Just wish this show was on for longer grrr.

8. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I really enjoyed last Sundays episode. Yes it was rather silly in parts, but it was good fun. I think the parts are cast so well, although Moriarty doesnt look very convincing as an arch criminal, but I loved his ring tone!
    I also wish the show was on longer. Shame there isnt more stuff like this on tv.

9. shazza_018

I hear it will be returning in 2013 because the ratings are very good, I know for a fact the Pilot episode gave the BBC a record audience so it is very popular. It's just that one of the writers also writes Doctor Who...which is the problem...they should make it into a full-length series, people would watch it!

10. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Looking forward to the new series. Unfortunately here in the US we have to wait till spring/summer...

11. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

I know how you feel! I really can't wait. I also wanted to ask what you guys think about CBS creating an American version of a modern Sherlock. I personally don't think America can top what BBC has done with Sherlock.

Thoughts?

12. shazza_018

Not the most original idea by CBS :rolleyes:. I feel like if it already been done, why do another version? One of the producers for Sherlock feels the same way as well.

13. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

I'm still trying to figure out how they're going to make "Elementary" original. Sorry CBS but Moffat beat you to it.

Oh gosh.....I just pictured Sherlock and Watson with American accents!:wtf:

14. shazza_018

LMFAO, I guess CBS saw that the ratings for Sherlock were so high for the BBC that they wanted a piece of the action. Also Sherlock and Watson with American accents WTF haha.

15. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Why can't people in television think up new and creative ideas? Sherlock has been done already and done rather well by Moffat and Gatiss.

And who is going to play Sherlock better than Benedict Cumberbatch or Watson better than Martin Freeman?

No one that's who.

Anyway, does anybody who saw The Reichenbach Fall have any theories about how the last scene can be explained? (I'm trying not to spoil anything for people that haven't seen it)