Eva/Natalia #4: Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Mar 29, 2011.

?

thread title

Poll closed Apr 10, 2011.
  1. Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. I am Woman, Hear me Roar

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Boa Vista - A Beautiful View

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Foreva Boa Vista

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Always There For Everyone

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. More than what you think she is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. It's about time, she's waited long enough

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  8. Let's Go Berserk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Berserk for Boa Vista

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

The video was amusing and totally dig how they sung out her name it was such a nice tune! "Eva La Rue...lalala" :lol:

I will check out your fic Rissa! :) Since they don't write her on the show anymore....

2. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

So I've been watching some old episodes of Miami to refresh my memory on everything Natalia/Nick and just realized something kind of creepy... If Jeff Murdoch hadn't killed Nick in 5x12, there's a really good chance that Natalia would be with him right now, maybe even remarried to him.

By the second episode Nick appeared in (5x05), he had Natalia's cell number. And the way she answered with "Nick, I can't talk," has me thinking that they'd had some phone conversations before. And when we got that bombshell dropped on us in 5x12 that she was sleeping with him... and how chummy they seemed beforehand at the crime scene that morning...

I hate to say it, but I really feel that Natalia would be back with Nick right now if he was still alive. I feel like we should travel over to the Florida prison in fiction land and give many thanks to Murdoch for what he did. After all... if Nick was still alive, and their relationship continued on just how it was going in the show... what of our Natalia? Would she still even be alive to this day? :eek:

Kind of crazy to think about.

Thanks so much, Michya! I hope you enjoy it!

3. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Nick does has sort of a control influence on Natalia, she can be rather clueless when it comes to him. If he is still alive, he definitely would be stalking Natalia non-stop, I think she will sorta be on and off with him but not remarry him, she may have a weakness but she is also smart enough. Why do you think till today Natalia hasn't even got a single date? Her date with Jesse failed big time. Natalia would easily get date, a woman of her substance. But maybe it is a good thing since TPTB only knows how to write stupid high-school chessy lame romances on the show wasting air time even till today.

RE: Rissa, I enjoyed your fic, look forward to more!! :)

4. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Okay, y'all... I've got a question. All promotional shots for episodes of Miami are generally taken from an actual scene in the episode, right? In that case... I wonder if we'll ever be able to get our paws on the cut scene that this promo pic came from!

I'm almost tempted to send Eva a tweet about it, to see if she remembers that scene and if she could enlighten us with some more info on it... No idea if she'll respond, though; I tend to have rotten luck with celebrities and Twitter, lol.

Think they'd be on and off still? I'm leaning towards the idea that they'd probably be back together, maybe even living in the same house. Nick started working on her immediately to get her back... forcing her into being civil with him at work in the first episode back, sweet-talking her and offering her back her wedding ring in the second episode... He was certainly on a mission there.

Though I wonder too by this point that maybe they wouldn't still be in a relationship. Since Rob Estes first got cast as Nick, I'd always hoped that we'd see an awesome storyline where Natalia kicks some ass, uses her strength and connections with her group to do away with him once and for all... Oh, what never will be...

"What ifs" are still fun to think about, though. :)

PS: Can I just say how GORGEOUS Natalia looked in Friendly Fire? There are sometimes those episodes where I'm side-eyeing the hair/makeup department like "Girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl..." but they were spot-on for Sunday's ep! Loved her hair especially.

5. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Well promotional shots aren't taken from actual scenes (as in what comes out on TV). So far, most of the promo pics can be delibrate poses or from a POV of a totally different direction. We will NEVER get to see the MANY cut scenes. The promo pics these days are just plain boring.

Back to Natalia/Nick, don't you love to talk about this? :p Yes for me, I mean it has so much potential. Natalia still want to keep a distance from him though, even now she hopes to forget him, it depends on her will.

6. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

[​IMG]

Oh, Eva... LMAO. :guffaw:

Are you sure? I could've sworn back then, especially from the promotional episode photos we received, all shots were taken from actual scenes within the epi.

Bummer, man. :angryrazz:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  7. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Eh okay, I shouldn't have said they weren't from actual scenes. Sorry, I confused myself!! But anyways, like the one you posted, it was more of a photo shot than from an actual scene imo. I also remember always thinking why some of what I've seen in promo pics I don't see on the show itself.

Don't care for the promo pics at all now anyway, always the same few characters. Whatever, same for the whole damn show, pissed me off. The more I think the more I am pissed.

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Nick looked like a serious creep in those photo shoots. If I remember right, there was also one of him moving her hair from her face or something.
    I think those photos showed more of the true Nick than TPTB even actually wrote for him.

As for the "what if's" -- had he lived, I think Nick would've just ended up in jail again...either for the theft he was involved in or beating Nat, or both.

9. Anirandom

Anirandom Victim

One of the episodes of George Lopez Eva's on is gonna be on Wednesday on Nick @ 3:30 am and then on NickW at 6:30 am and then the other's on Thusday at 8:00 pm on Nick and again at 11:30 on NickW

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Hey all! Eva will be on 'The Talk' Friday January 27th

11. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Thanks for the heads up, mj! I'll be setting my DVR for this ASAP. Wonder what she'll be there to talk about... perhaps promoting an episode of Miami that's heavy on Natalia? I wish!

I wonder how this'll affect Natalia and where she'll end up getting reassigned to. Furthermore, I wonder what the Navarros will dig up on her! Shooting at her colleagues from 9x05, perhaps?

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ It'll be just in time for the new episode to air, so we'll probably get a little sneak peek from her.

I think Natalia will have a good sized part in the finale. Despite there not being any actual focused episodes - with everything going on with her & Samantha (plus this tidbit*) .... she's still been "in play" & involved, so something is definitly brewing there.

* In the upcoming episode, there should** be flashbacks of Natalia & Horatio - most likely from last season's finale. I'm hoping this shows us how she's really holding up from the incident.

**imdb has Eva & David listed as 'also archive footage' for the episode.

Back to the finale spoiler ...
    It's pretty early for them to be releasing these details, so I almost hate to speculate too much. I do like the idea of the finale having an impact on the team, though, so I hope that part sticks!

13. ForestAngel

ForestAngel Witness

A film will be on today starring Eva on 5USA for people @4pm in the UK and the film is called Cries In The Dark (2006)

14. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Okay, y'all... don't forget: Eva is on The Talk today at 2pm EST/PST! Set your DVRs/TiVos if you haven't already!

If anyone's interested, I found a new article with accompanying video. Eva talks a bit about Beckstrand, and there's a little bit of talk about CSI: Miami as well, but nothing we don't already know. She looks GORGEOUS in the video; I am totally digging her hair.

I LOVED Eva in this tv movie! Hope everyone's had a chance to see it. :) I believe it's floating around YouTube somewhere, if anyone wants to check it out!

Edit: MJ, you always have the best info on upcoming Miami stuff! LOVE it!

15. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

TOTALLY GORGEOUS! Eva, pls give me your whole damn wardrobe, though they may not fit me (size wise). Lol!

Appreciate if you guys who are able to watch The Talk share what Eva said. Thanks a bunch! Can't even view the preview! -_-