Icon Challenge-#82-A Bugs Life-Up!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Urban Legend, Sep 29, 2009.

1. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Re: Icon Challenge #80-U2-UP!

sent my entry. hope not too late

2. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Re: Icon Challenge #80-U2-UP!

Sorry for the delay in getting this up. I was without internet for 6 days and it's taken me a while to get caught up on things.

Calling all Icon Makers!

A new month means a new Icon Challenge!​

This Challenge will be Wall-e. I've provided some links to pics at the bottom of the page but feel free to use others. :)

Here are the RULES – please read them carefully before creating your icon and entering it:

[1] You can enter up to 4 icons = 3 100 x100 icons + 1 icon in the size 140x140. PLEASE NOTE - if you are going to make more than 1 icon, please use a different image for each one.

[2] You have until 5 p.m. EST Friday, November 25th to complete your icons and submit them. If you need more time, please let me know. PM your entries to me - blackflag. If you're a newbie and cannot PM my e-mail will be in my profile - please put TalkCSI in the subject line and post in this thread that you have sent the e-mail (I've been known to forget to check my e-mail! and Yahoo's been known to put most anything in spam!)

[3] Your icons must be 100x100 or 140x140 pixels in size – if it is any bigger, it will be re-sized, and those never look so good. So please make sure to make your icon so it is those particular sizes. ***this is important

[4] No vulgar words or phrases in the icons. If there is something in them that can be considered offensive, your icon will not be accepted.

[5] You may use any caps you like but feel free to use the ones provided.

[6] No animated icons.

[7] We're going to try categories for this challenge cause this is much more better and fair on everyone. There are THREE categories to this challenge - Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced (If entering in Intermediate level, please include a second level -either Beginner and Advanced- incase there isn't enough entries for 3 levels) Please go the Fan Art Forum if you need help determining what category to enter. Please be fair to others. If you keep winning in beginners, move up to intermediate; let someone else win beginners and see if you place in intermediate and so on. That's how you get better, by challenging yourself.

[8] Most importantly, as this is an anonymous challenge, YOU MUST NOT POST YOUR ICONS HERE (or anywhere else). If you do, you will be disqualified. This is make sure that the voting is unbiased, and so everyone has a fair chance of winning a banner.

HOW TO SEND A PM

Subject: Misc: IC #81 - Wall-e: Beginners (or intermediate/advanced)
    Body: Images, URLs. (would really prefer both) **please DO NOT delete or move your pics in your photobucket account till voting/results are up!!!

Here are a some links with tons of pics (feel free to use any others too)
    Wall-e screencaps #1
    Wall-e screencaps #2

Any questions, please feel free to post them here, or PM me blackflag.

MOST IMPORTANTLY - Have fun and be creative!!

Susan

3. blackflag

Re: Icon Challenge #80-Wall-e-Open!

Calling all Icon Makers!​

Since their are no entries for this month's challenge, challenges will resume in January ~IF~ you can give me suggestions on what you would like to see in the Miscellaneous Icon Challenge.

Those suggestions can be put in this thread or you can pm me with them. All I ask is that you make sure that there are plenty of easily found pics available for your suggestion. :)

Susan

4. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Re: Icon Challenge #80-Wall-e-Open!

So no christmas challenge :(. Sorry you're not getting enteries. I'm extremely busy with assignments at the moment so haven't been able to enter.

5. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

Re: Icon Challenge-Important Notice!

Just an idea because I'd love to see the challenge come back... SNL?

6. blackflag

Give me a couple of days and there will be a new challenge up. I've got some suggestions from bluediamondstar. I've just today gotten my computer back from getting a system restore because of a major viral infestation. I should be finished setting things up in a couple of days and will be putting the new challenge up then. :)

Susan

7. blackflag

OK, starting today there will be an icon challenge each month as long as one of you suggest something you would like to do. :) So lets get to it!

Calling all Icon Makers!

A new month means a new Icon Challenge!​

This month's challenge was suggested by BlueDiamondStar. The challenge is Mika. I've provided some links to pics at the bottom of the page but feel free to use others you may be able to find.

Here are the RULES – please read them carefully before creating your icons and entering them:

[1] You can enter up to 4 icons = 3 100 x100 icons + 1 icon in the size 140x140. PLEASE NOTE - if you are going to make more than 1 icon, please use a different image for each one.

[2] You have until 5 p.m. EST Wednesday, January 25th to complete your icons and submit them. If you need more time, please let me know. PM your entries to me - blackflag. If you're a newbie and cannot PM my e-mail will be in my profile - please put TalkCSI in the subject line and post in this thread that you have sent the e-mail (I've been known to forget to check my e-mail! and Yahoo's been known to put most anything in spam!)

[3] Your icons must be 100x100 or 140x140 pixels in size – if it is any bigger, it will be re-sized, and those never look so good. So please make sure to make your icon so it is those particular sizes. ***this is important

[4] No vulgar words or phrases in the icons. If there is something in them that can be considered offensive, your icon will not be accepted.

[5] You may use any caps you like but feel free to use the ones provided.

[6] No animated icons.

[7] We're going to try categories for this challenge cause this is much more better and fair on everyone. There are TWO categories to this challenge - Beginner or Advanced Please go the Fan Art Forum if you need help determining what category to enter. Please be fair to others. If you keep winning in beginners, move up to intermediate; let someone else win beginners and see if you place in intermediate and so on. That's how you get better, by challenging yourself.

[8] Most importantly, as this is an anonymous challenge, YOU MUST NOT POST YOUR ICONS HERE (or anywhere else). If you do, you will be disqualified. This is make sure that the voting is unbiased, and so everyone has a fair chance of winning a banner.

HOW TO SEND A PM

Subject: Misc: IC #82 - Mika: Beginners (or advanced)
    Body: Images, URLs. (would really prefer both) **please DO NOT delete or move your pics in your photobucket account till voting/results are up!!!

Here are a some links with pics (feel free to use any others you can find too)
    one
    two

Any questions, please feel free to post them here, or PM me blackflag.

MOST IMPORTANTLY - Have fun and be creative!!

Susan

8. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Re: Icon Challenge-#81-MIKA-up!

Yaaay!:D
    And for the first time I'll be totally in time:lol:

9. blackflag

Roughly a week and a half left and I've only got one entry. Isn't there anybody else interested in doing an icon challenge? :(

Susan

10. blackflag

Time to get icons in - by tomorrow! As stated in my last post I still only got one person entered. :( Isn't there anyone interested in making icons for this challenge?

Susan

11. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

maybe they have just forgotten about the challenge

12. Miss_Undercover

Miss_Undercover Judge

I would to enter to the challenge but I need a little more time.....

Maybe do can to set a new deadline on Sunday ?

13. blackflag

Sure. :)

There just doesn't seem to be as many artist on Talk these days.

Susan

14. blackflag

Since I've got someone who wants more time I'm going to make a new deadline of February 10 to get icons to me in the Mika challenge. It sure would be nice to get a few more takers so we have a little choice in voting. :)

Susan

15. blackflag

It's time to vote!
    Thank you to all who entered.​

Misc. Icon Challenge #81 - Mika Voting

Voting Rules

*Do not vote for your own icon(s). (You'll know! I'll know! Where would the fun be in that? ;))
    *Do not go telling your friends to vote for yours.
    *Vote as shown in the example below.
    *Everyone is welcome to vote!
    *Have fun!

All icons will be in one category. Please vote as in the example below. :)

Example:

And here they are!!!!

01. [​IMG] 02. [​IMG] 03. [​IMG]

04. [​IMG] 05. [​IMG] 06. [​IMG]

07. [​IMG] 08. [​IMG]

Any mistakes please feel free to pm me. :)

Susan