"Rashomama" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 15, 2006.

1. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

the cake scene and the devil scene were hilarious. it was definately great. i think that it was the funniest since fur and loathing. there have been funny scenes in other eps too, but this was all in all funny :)

2. Guest

Guest Guest

By far the funniest episode of CSI, although most of thet rashomoms* were really cheesy and dramatic; especially gregs but funny nonetheless

* if you don't know what rashomoms are go to cbs.com

3. Guest

Guest Guest

i LOVED this episode!

if anyone noticed during sara's POV that the two bridesmaids were speaking Gibberish... literally.
    you see, Gibberish is the name given to a "secret" kiddie language that plays around with words... sort of like pig latin.
    example: the word "gibberish" in Gibberish is as follows -
    githigi-bithiger-ithigish
    so when i was watching this episode, my dad said to me, "Haha, they're speaking gibberish." and i said, "Yes, they are... literally. they're speaking the language Gibberish but no one would know that unless they actually understood Gibberish."

i thought that was really funny.

anyways, rithige-githigards tithigoo yithigou ithigall mithigy ithigobsithigessed CSI fithigans!
    (regards to you all my obsessed CSI fans)

4. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, Sara's POV was really funny!

Oh and the Hodges/Grissom scene. "Would you close the door, please? *Hodges closes the door* From the other side." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And pabzi, you got that right. The cake scene was histerical :D

What a great episode :cool:

I already said it, but I loved Greg's POV and also Nick's t-shirt cutting session ;) and Grissom and Brass were so funny.

5. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

I finally got around to reading this entire thread, and I love how everybody's so excited about this amazing episode. :D I also realized that my first post in here didn't make a lot of sense, as I was too giddy at the time to phrase it very well. :lol: Warning in advance: this is gonna be a little bit of a long-winded post from me. :)

The cinematography and the music and all the little miscellaneous extra touches in this episode were fantastic. Each POV obviously had a unique style, but there were some subtle touches that really added to the overall effect:

Sara: When they show the scene 'from her eyes' the contrast is turned up, giving it a harsh effect to reflect her cyncial views about marriage. Notice that when it shows Sara from head on the contrast is normal. The music that accompanies her POV has this almost stoccato quality to it, which again creates a bit of a sharp, harsh effect.

Nick: The soft light, and blurry image for his romantic-idealized viewpoint. Also notice that as he's about to walk out of the flower-tunnel thing, the crowd parts to reveal the bride standing at the end of the aisle. Very idealistic, Nicky. :p His music is very soft and gentle.

Grissom: Everything is in perfect focus, and is crystal clear, with normal color. He notices all the details, like the bride's jewellery, or all the caterer's trays of food. His music is fairly regular and not too out of the ordinary for his scientific, detail-oriented style.

Greg: Oh, where to begin with Greg... He had the black and white coloring with red accents and the whole film noir theme going on. Greg likes to make things interesting and dramatic. Watch how when he's coming to the end of the flower-tunnel thing, the crowd consists almost entirely of women. And then there's of course, his old-style-mystery-movie music.

Brass: Perspective is straight-on when the camera focuses on either a witness or Brass himself, showing his no-nonsense, get-the-facts style. He also notices details like the waiter drinking the champagne, like was mentioned before.

I also thought it was a nice touch how they had the mother's eyes open during the autopsy to make her look creepy. Note that they were closed while she was being dragged behind the car.

As for the issue about whether David said his line about the mother wearing white to each CSI separately or as a group, it seems like it must have been separately, because after he says it each of them goes to walk through the flower-tunnel alone, and there's no cut in the video so it wasn't like they walked through it at different times. Also, his movements are different for each POV -he moves his hand during Nick's, and slightly moves his head for Grissom's.

Sorry about this long, detailed description of every tiny thing I noticed, lol. I just really loved how they threw in lots of extra little things that people mostly wouldn't even notice. This episode was not only hilarious, but was absolute genius visually as well. :D :D :D

And, finally, one of my many, many favorite lines:
    “I wouldn’t be surprised if her pantyhose rebelled against her and tied themselves to the car” ---Caterer

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ Great analysis. Well done. :)

7. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Aiya! Between Crow's Feet being shown on Spike-TV recently and Rashomama, almost every day my 4 year old daughter keeps on saying "Daddy: Nick's gots MUSCLES!!!" Yes, dear, I know. You don't need to keep on saying it...

8. misomeru

misomeru Hit and Run

Why not? His muscles should be celebrated!
    lol. I really loved this episode. Especially Greg's lines and his scene. I missed funny Greg.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

cant wait!

10. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Not by a 4 year old girl and not saying it ALL THE TIME when CSI is on!!! I was trying to watch CSI: NY and Helena kept on asking me "Where's Nick, Daddy?" She did the same thing on Monday when I watched CSI: Miami. I keep on telling her "Nick is in Las Vegas with their CSI. This is Miami with Horatio or New York with Mack." Nope. She likes Nick. She want's Nick. Where's Nick? AAAIIIIYYYAAAAHH!!!

11. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

^^^Awww your daughter sounds cute lol

So I was making screencaps and I noticed something: the harsh contrast changed to normal coloring when Sara met the best man Mikey(the one she was flirting with)

Sara meets him

Sara starts to flirt with him (or from what she says, he starts to flirt with her)

She wasn't so cynical when she met a hot guy lol.

Isn't it awesome how detailed they got with this ep? :D

12. ariela57

ariela57 Lab Technician

AWWWWWWWW, that is so cure Hankster! looks like your daughter has a big crush on Nicky, that's so sweet. :D I guess he just has that affect on us ladies, we were all swooning after Rashomama, believe you me. .... :D

13. Guest

Guest Guest

wow. I haven't participated in this forum in ages. In fact, I don't think I've been here for the entire season 6 that has been showing in the UK. That is, until now.

This episode...I loved it. The way they filmed and narrated the story was definitely not of typical CSI stock. It was funny and light hearted. (Even that fatal fall onto the arrow was funny - her expression and the "twang" sound effect of the arrow")

The different POVs was interesting. The contrast between Sara's and Nick's observation of the flowers. (Nick's POV was a bit corny, but I let it slide because it was kinda funny and...OMG I love his hair. Now that is the style I like). Grissom's & Greg's POV was so spot on. Grissom homing onto the ladybird and Greg's jazz era look. I especially loved the artistry when he blew on the pink blusher off the blush. The colour of that mist against the black & white was amazing.

At first I wailed - "Why oh why did they have Nick commit a silly mistake like that? Because honestly - would any of them ever park their vehicle in such a public place that was crammed full of evidence - especially if it was possibily mob related AND had ALL the evidence. (I know, they were all tired) However they did redeem themselves with the comical scenes that followed the recovery of the car and with the whole episode in general.

Certain events in the real world restricted me from going online to share my thoughts and to be honest, when my life started getting back on track, this season didn't pull me back into the CSI fan world. That is until this episode.

What I'm going to say next might sound a bit over dramatic to some people but this episode has meant a lot to me. I have always been an angst girl. I watch, read and guzzle angst. And even though the last few months haven't been the happiest for me, I continued with my angst guzzling (mainly non csi fan fiction though). Hey - misery loves comany right?

But this episode has put a smile on my face and lifted some of the weights that I felt was chained to my heart. I realise now how much I needed some humour to continue to lift me from the funk that I'm recovering from.

So as silly as this may sound - thank you. thank you to the makers of this episode for pushing me into a new direction.

Well, I'm off to the fiction thread now to see if someone can rec me a good humourous story (this doesn't mean I'm giving up angst though!).

Sorry to have imposed my ramblings on you but I just want people to know the impact this episode unintentionally had on me.

14. lea

lea Police Officer

Finally saw this episode yesterday ( I know that it was on Tuesday, but I have to watch it Sundays recorded :p )
    But wow!! That episode was awesome! It was really funny and had me in fits! I particularly loved Gregs flashback, that was so cheesy lmao! I also loved Gregs 'Dude! Wheres your car?' was in fits :p Just simply loved the whole episode! BUT I was VERY disapointed, because half way through me watching it, the tv must have went funny while it was on, cause it went black :( I nearly cried :p It was like that for 8 minutes!! So I missed 8 minutes :( But nevertheless, I stil saw the conclusion so that was ok! And I've watched it 4 times so far :p *blushes* :p haha ok well thats me over with :p must be my longest post yet (and it's not even that long lmao :p And I should really learn to paragraph... next time maybe haha!!

15. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

By the way, guys, for those who haven't seen it yet,and, for those who may be interested, "Rashomama" will be re-broadcast on Thursday, July 6, 10:00 P.M.