Person of Interest

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Geeno, Sep 23, 2011.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

No, it was only picked up for a full first season. They originally ordered probably around 13 episodes then bumped it up to a full season order.

I hate watching stuff online though cause I can't ffwd through the ads LOL. I'll just probably wait until Bones is in repeats or not on (it may be off when American Idol starts back) and then watch or just order the season when its released on Netflix to rent LOL.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I watch online but don't get ads. :)

Ah right- a full season upgrade. I have no doubt it will get picked up for a second though. I know a few people who count it amongst their faves of the new season this year. Myself included.

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Last night's episode 'Get Carter' was the best so far. Judging from next week's episode's promo, it looks like it could challenge this one! The show is just getting better.

4. BabaOReilly

Yeah, that was a great ep, for sure. I love Carter. She's got a lot of "Captain America" in her. :lol:

You know these two are going to be pals one day, but for now the tension is just right. I gotta admit though, in that scene where he was standing in the shadows over her after she'd been shot, I was half expecting him to say, "I'm Batman" in that quiet rasp of his! :lol:

5. aaronfalin

aaronfalin Dead on Arrival

I finally just watched it online, and I loved it!! Cant wait til next week :)

LOL @ Batman thought. And Carter as Captain America indeed. I know she has a job to do in bringing down Reece if the situation arises, but I hope she keeps in mind how valuable he is now. Not that I want her letting him "slip through her fingers" on purpose every episode or them being buddies and rely on each other...

6. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I thought "Get Carter" SUCKED. I liked her when she was the baddie who was after them, but now that they've all of a sudden, completely out of left field turned her into Mother Teresa, I hope she gets blown up and dies in the next episode. That's the only reason I can think of to watch next week. *crosses fingers*

7. BabaOReilly

I never thought of her as a baddie who was after him, just a good cop (there's been nothing to indicate she's "bad" even before this ep) trying to solve a mystery and find a vigilante. We even knew she'd been in the service before, so nothing in the last episode was that surprising, really, in terms of Carter at least.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  8. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I love this show. It has to be my favorite new drama (though I do love Unforgettable). Can't wait for the next one.

9. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I hope this show gets cancelled since the showrunner lied in interviews about what the show was supposed to be about. It was supposed to be about Finch and Reese and their slowly getting to trust each other. Carter was supposed to be playing the Tommy Lee Jones' Gerard role in this show according to creator and showrunner Jonathan Nolan. She wasn't supposed to be suddenly, inexplicably elevated to being one of the main characters of the show and become a saint as well. I liked her until this last mess of an episode. The show has taken a terrible nosedive in quality.

10. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

I don't mind Carter, and I actually liked her backstory in this episode, both in Iraq and home with her son. My main problem, as it was before, is the pacing of the show is soooooooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooooooooow. Pep it up!! There needs to be more of a sense of urgency for Reese and Finch to solve the case rather than their simply plodding to a conclusion. When the show has action scenes, it is great. We need to have that same vibe for the entire episode, not just one action scene at the beginning and another at the end. NCIS and CSI, and even Abrams' Lost, could have you on the edge of your seat while someone is sitting down looking for information on a computer. I don't see why PoI can't produce its episodes in a similar manner.

11. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Well, if I were Carter, I would also like someone out there watching my back. But that doesn't mean Carter would stop looking for Reese. Knowing her Iraq backstory, she's the kind of cop that will do what see think is right. We still have 10+ episodes. We don't even know what Carter would do after this. We just have to wait and see.

12. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

OK, to say that episode was superb is a HUGE understatement. I don't know how I'm going to wait three weeks or however long we have to wait for the next new one.

13. BabaOReilly

^^^ Totally agree. AWESOME episode. This continues to be one of the very best shows this year and it keeps getting better. :)

It was no surprise Carter had his back in the end, but it still made me happy nonetheless! :lol:

14. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

You were right Geeno. And now I understand why they went over the top, depicting her as so saintly in that previous episode. They were trying to make what happened in the episode last night have a powerful impact. And it sure did!!

I'm trying to think of a holiday nickname, and all I can think of is something like "MarkSnowisabaddie". Or AgentSNOWisEvil. :guffaw: He and his sniper buddie. And I think the showrunners really love The X-Files because wasn't Mark Snow the composer who did the opening theme?

What does everyone here think of Fusco? I love him.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  15. aaronfalin

aaronfalin Dead on Arrival

I'm starting to like Fusco, and I loved that Reece lost the chick he was trailing right after getting on Fusco for doing the same... it showed that even the pros arent infallible. I figured it would start coming to a head about tracking him down, I just didnt realize it would be so early in the season after reading several places that it had been picked up for a whole season. Still plenty of storyline to follow in that aspect, but lets hope they dont beat it to death. And I knew Carter would help them, the minute they showed the guy with the rifle.