Petersen's 'CSI' Return Unlikely

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Dec 7, 2011.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Former CSI: Crime Scene Investigation*leading man William Petersen*(Gil Grissom) will not appear during Marg Helgenberger‘s (Catherine Willows) final episodes. In the end, it came down to the decision of not wanting to steal the spotlight from Helgenberger’s exit arc, CSI Files has learned. Petersen and his wife Gina Cirone*welcomed twins earlier this year, and he [...]

More...

2. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Re: Petersen?s ?CSI? Return Unlikely

That is a bummer. I was really hoping he would return for the goodbye.

3. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

Re: Petersen?s ?CSI? Return Unlikely

I can understand that He doesn't want to steal the thunder from Marg, such as stealing her spotlight, I can tell that he wants to respect that, he doesn't want the crew to focus on him instead of his co-leading star Marg, its her to shine, not him. I can't blame him for it. Hmm its gonna be difficult to watch Marg to walk away from this awesome job that she has for so long time on this show. I will miss both of them. I would love to see them making cameo appearances like special guest stars on csi that would be nice to do that.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I understand why he would make that decision, and it does make sense. That said, I do wish we could have seen them both on the show together one last time before she leaves. Ah well, maybe they'll both come back for a cameo at some point down the line.

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

What a classy guy Billy is. I'm sure he and Marg have and will talk soon about her departure from CSI etc.
    I'd love to see them work on something else together. Billy's got two little ones to take care of though.

6. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

It would be nice if Catherine got a phone call from Gil. We'd hear Petersen's voice, just not see him. Doesn't seem right that he would not be involved somehow. I'll miss her...sob. :(