Madison M/ Kay P: Lindsey Willows

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by darx2mint4, May 1, 2006.

1. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

Re: MR-KP/Lindsey *Possible Spoilers*

^Yeah, I agree with you. They shouldn't found someone who looked more similar to Marg....and I think the problem with recasting actors is if you recast someone who is already pretty famous (like Kay), then many people will be expecting different things, judging on her past preformances...but if you get an "undiscovered star" then things might be better...

2. AngelEyez

AngelEyez Coroner

No problem. I do think that Kay looks like Marg... if they keep her hair lighter. It's true though, Madison looked great for the part. She had blue eyes, Kay doesn't. I'm not a fan of re-castings either. And I'm curious as well. Wonder whose decision it was.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Not to nitpick your nitpicking but two parents with blue eyes can have a child with brown eyes. Each parent has a pair of genes for eye color and even if they have blue eyes they might still both carry the trait for brown eyes. If the right set of alleles gets matched together in conception then they get a brown-eyed kid. (Sorry, my Genetics final is nigh and I have it on the brain)

As far as Kay goes, I think it'll be weird no matter who plays Lindsay #2 simply because we've seen another actress play the character for six years. It's not like Ellie #2 when we only saw Ellie #1 in a single episode. I haven't seen Kay in anything but I did Google her and found a picture of her wearing a shirt that says, "I'll try be nicer if you try being smarter." I could definitely see Catherine's daughter wearing that. :p

4. AngelEyez

AngelEyez Coroner

LOL. Yeah but I guess the point was just that Lindsey used to have blue eyes.

5. Sirea

Sirea CSI Level One

Perhaps they'll have her wear color contacts?

As for the recasting, I'll approach it with cautious optimism. If it turns out being good for the show, then I'm all for it. But Madison really has grown on me. :(

6. lauracathfan

lauracathfan Hit and Run

whos decising was it to recast the part?

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

That would be the producers, it came out when E!online's Kristen announced that if she doesn't die they would like to make her a re-occuring character on the show.

My guess is if they were planning to kill off the character they would have kept Madison (unless she was doing something else), which then I could understand the recasting, but I haven't heard anything about that, so my guess is they are planning to do something with this car accident that will have Lindsey around more often.

8. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Isn't she already considered a re-occuring character? I mean, she started on the pilot, and she's been in every season so far. Sounds like a re-occuring character to me.

Just for the record: I loved watching Madison. It was nice to see her grow up on screen. Plus, the fact that Lindsey was becoming somewhat rebellious, but still naive. I hope they don't turn her into another Ellie.

9. Destiny

Actually Madison would be considered "Guest appearing" which means once or twice per season. Re-occurring would be when the person appears more then twice in the season. Those considered re-occurring would be Archie, Ecklie, Sam braun, ect.

To look at it there are like tieres
    1st Main
    2nd Re-occuring (ie secondary)
    3rd Guest appearing (been on before)
    4th Guest starring (one or two time appearance)

10. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Maybe you should read that chapter again; two blue eyed parents can not make a brown eyed child. It takes two recessive genes to make a blue eye, if both parents have two recessive genes they have to give that recessive gene. Two brown eyed parents can have a blue eyed child though.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

(I apologize ahead of time for being off topic)

Depending on what variation of the eye color gene a person has, two blue-eyed parents can have a brown-eyed kid. There is no set dominant or recessive trait when it comes to eye color and someone with a dominant blue-eyed trait can still carry a recessive trait for brown eyes. If they mate with someone with the same recessive trait, it becomes one of the four possibilities when they conceive. Just make a Punnett square and it's pretty obvious. Statistically it's not as common as two brown-eyed people having a blue-eyed child (and almost all babies have blue eyes at birth that eventually change) but it most definitely is possible.

12. Destiny

Injecting in that maybe the two blue-eyed parents had a relative that had brown eyes. Therefore passing along that eye color. Just a thought. :)

My mother had Brown eyes, my father had Hazel, and therefore I am stuck with changeable eyes, which include, brown, hazel, grayish, grayish blue, etc. depending on mood and apparently what I wear. But when talking about it, I discovered that I had a relative that had eyes like like I have, where as my sibs either have brown eyes, or hazel but not changeable.

I guess all I am saying for arguments sake is that anything is possible. :)

13. allmaple

allmaple Judge

sorry Destiny, while youre theory sounds good its not genetically possible. blue eyes are recessive, so you have to have two blue alleles to get blue eyes. and so blue eyed parents can only have blue eyed children.
    honestly, ive never liked scenes with lindsey. shes just been a brat to create unnecesary (in my opinion) catherine drama. maybe having this older actress is to show that lindsey has matured or something and isnt going to be a pain in the butt for cath anymore. who knows, ill save my full judgement til i see the new one

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I am honestly not trying to start anything but having blue eyes is NOT always a recessive gene. There was a theory by geneticists decades ago that said that but it has since been proven untrue. Brown eyes can be dominant or recessive, as can blue eyes. There are so many alleles for eye color that cause so many variations and thus prove that old theory wrong.

15. Destiny

It wasn't a theory in essences it was an attempt at humor to take any tension out. As to eyes, I can not explain mine, but being over 30 I give up trying to :lol: I have them, they are the way they are, and what can I say.

I guess it was just a thought that while we can pass along alot of things from out grandparents, or aunts, ect who is to say that eye color isn't one of them. Not necessairly similar to hair color, I have a cousin who has beautiful red hair, but the thing is her sibs are brunette, so are her parents, but a relative on my uncles side had red hair, and thats all we can figure.

Okay since we have that out maybe the Blue vs brown eyes should be taken up in the "Forensics forum" it would actually make for a good thread.