Best New York Season

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by calleighspeedle, Nov 28, 2011.

?

Best New York Season

1. Season 1

38.1%
  2. Season 2

16.7%
  3. Season 3

14.3%
  4. Season 4

11.9%
  5. Season 5

38.1%
  6. Season 6

9.5%
  7. Season 7

16.7%
  8. Season 8....so far

7.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

This has been done before but this is the updated one.

What do you think is the best season so far of CSI New York?

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'm a huge fan of S1. The show kind of got back a little of the feel of that season in S7, but S1 was by far the best IMO. The cases and people were diverse and compelling and the team all fit together nicely.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

As much as I love Adam, Sid and Jo, I do have a soft spot for season one. I'm never very good at picking favorites, and there are elements of various seasons that I love, but I think I'd have to go with S1 for nostalgia and just the overall look and feel of the show before they set out to 'fix' it by making it ~hip and colorful.

4. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

really hard to decide. cause every season at least til s6 had his momentums, where good storytellin and therefore good character moments where revealed.
    to choose from the best of the rest,i would pick s 1,3,5

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Season 1 by far, though seasons 2, 3 and 4 had some really excellent episodes as well. But I loved the overall feel of the show and the darkness of season 1.

6. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

My favorite has to be season 6 (though season 4 is close behind). I love the Compass Killer episodes,"Blacklist" is an awesome episode and I love the "Death House" episode. It has to be one of my favorites. It has an old movie vibe. "The Formula" and "Flag on the Play" tie in two of my favorite sports (racing and football). My favorite episode ever has to be the episode "Point of View" because of the Rear Window vibe and tons of Mac. I loved seeing his place.

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Season 5. Best ever. There were lots of cool cases and two of my favorite storylines (Greek antiquities smuggling and the flash drive) did not diappoint me. It also had the two of the best episodes of the series: "Yahrzeit" and "Pay Up." Also, Det. Angell played quite a role in the season.

Season 7 is second. I love Jo. :D I thought the show has reinvented itself. I also like seasons 1, 3 and 4.

Season 8 (and 6) is average so far.

8. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I voted season 7 and I can tell you why in 2 words: Jo Danville. The addition of Jo Danville was like a BIG gust of fresh air for a show that was getting stale and musty.
    Jo Danville did for CSI: NY in its 7th season what Jesse Cardoza did for CSI: Miami in its 8th season: breathed new life in to it.

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I voted for season 7. Mainly because of Jo Danville :). But also there were some really great guest stars and solid cases.

10. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Hands down, Season 1. Easy peasy, no question :p.

That said, there are episodes in other seasons I quite enjoyed, but as a body of work, I'd say S1, or at least my memory of it. If I went back and watched it again, who knows how well the show would travel. S1 got me into the show, a second spin-off, third in a franchise, and that in itself is a rarity for what I'm likely to check out on teevee, then or now, let alone stay with for so long :lol:.

I wasn't a huge fan of some of S2's mandated overhaul, but whaddaya do. I think S3 had some good stuff, and that's often a pattern that seems noticeable for shows for me, that they've largely beaten the audience over the head with whatever the premise is, the networks are giving it a shot, and the stories can expand a tad. Yada.

I hafta say that I think the time of the writer's strike for me was a bit of a turning point, for a variety of reasons. Only to say that when the show returned to air, some things were just not quite the same. Mebbe I was just looking at a lotta things a lil differently thereafter, or call it a learning curve or what have you, dunno.

S4 I only caught up with well after the fact, and can't say I can even recall it as a body of work. S4/S5/S6/S7 etc., well, again, some good eps therein, but none as a whole season would be where I'd say to someone, "if you check out this show, start here." And as much as I like Sid, Adam, Jo, and some of the guests, what the show has done collectively on the road since hasn't really kept me hooked so much as I've been stubbornly returning to a favored old haunt to see what's going on :p.

Perhaps unfortunately, NY also became something of an adopted lab experiment I felt increasingly compelled to poke and mull over to try and figure out what was working, and what wasn't, at least IMO. Mebbe not entirely fair for a show that simply sets out to entertain folk for an hour :lol:. But eh, ya put it out there, and see what happens.

S1. Great cast chemistry shaking itself out, great tone, dark humor, fun style, looked, and more importantly, felt, different from it's siblings far more significantly than it feels now, was quirky, gritty, and had me looking forward to a new ep like a chpt. in a really good, entertaining paperback book.

So there it is :lol:.

11. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

Seasons 1,2,4 and 5 were good.
    Season 1 will always be the best in my opinion as it was different from the other two CSI's , as others have said. My second faves are 2&4 , then 5 as the show started to lose its way.

12. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i had to vote for seasons 2 bc i can watch that over and over again without a problem. all the episodes were fantastic and it was still tough even though the dynamic had changed a bit with the move to the lighter side. also this is when i got really really into the show and could not miss an ep.

season 1 is in a whole different league. i really like it and when i watch an ep today i miss it a lot but it is so far and so different from where the show is now. when i see an ep from S1 i wish the lab was still located in that old basement-like place.

season 3 is awesome it has some of my all time favorite eps. Snow Day is one of the best season finales on any show i have ever watched (comes 2nd in my book as the best season finale ever after the season 2 finale of Alias).

season 4 blew. i liked only 4 eps from this season and that was it.

season 5 was pretty good there were some good story lines and episodes. i think i am one of the only people who actually liked Grounds For Deception.

season 6 i cannot really remember liking too much i thought it as lackluster.

seasons 7-8 have been fantastic. Jo is incredible i am so happy Stella went away and Jo came in. it has literally felt like night and day with Stella leaving and Jo coming in. it feels like the show is back on form to where the stories are fantastic and the characters are in a better place where they are not the main focus. for a while it always felt like the character's personal lives were getting in the way but now everyone is light again like in seasons 2 and 3 the show is fun again. Jo/Sela Ward is a big reason for these great changes she is such a good character/actress she makes the show fun again.

13. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Well I voted for season 1 because I totally loved the show back then. Even more than Miami (if you can imagine), and equally as Vegas. It was another aspect of the show and it was all fresh and different from others.
    Season 2 because I still loved the show very much. Enjoyed the episodes and chemistry between characters.
    Season 3 because I still liked the show (not as #1 anymore though, but still).
    Season 7 because I'm watching it now. It started recently and I like the addition of Sela/Jo because she was surprisingly fitting character there. Well I like the season very much and brings the show back at the top spots on my list.

14. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Season 1 is the best, IMO, by far. The huge revamp during season 2 was a horrible idea, I liked the grittiness, I feel it separated NY from other shows on TV, and Vanessa Ferlito had a great chemistry with the rest of the cast. Sheldon in the morgue was great, too.

Season 2 was horrible. I'm not going to elaborate, it was just REALLY bad, and Anna Belknap was no replacement for Vanessa.

Season 3 had some okay episodes, the season finale was epic, however the rest of the season blew, as a whole. Emmanuelle Vaugier sort of filled in the hole that was left in the cast when Vanessa quit.

Season 4 was brilliant, 'Boo', along with the season premiere were 2 of my favorite episodes of the entire shows run so far, I felt Melina had a little more to play with, and Anna really started to properly gel with the rest of the cast.

Season 5 wasn't bad, it had some great episodes, especially the finale, but some of the episodes were terribly boring.

Season 6, where do I start? Rest in peace Marina Garito made the season, simply because of the opening sequence, as a whole I felt it failed to live up to my expectations, but some fantastic action sequences makes this season one of my favorite seasons.

Season 7, wow. Sela Ward is amazing and the rest of the cast were great too, it also had some fantastic stories, and unlike seasons 5 and 6, not one episode bored me.

Season 8 so far is a little less good. It couldn't live up to season 7 and I wasn't expecting it to, however I feel the supporting cast have let Gary, Sela & Eddie down as a whole. The episodes that put Mac and Jo at the forefront have been amazing, especially the DC rapist arc, however Carmine, Anna, Hill and Robert seem to phoning it in, my main complaint is the lack of Adam, I know AJ is going through a bad time, which is a terrible shame, Adam's a great character and really adds a lot to the show, I'd like to see him become a field CSI one of these days.

Overall, from most-least favorite season:
    Season 1, Season 7, Season 4, Season 6, Season 8, Season 5, Season 3, Season 2

15. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

I found Season 1 more realistic and more interesting than the others. Whole dark atmosphäre and the casting was excellent.