George/Nick: Texan Charm #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Jacquie, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Stokes626

Stokes626 Witness

So what's the group name called on FB? I already have a FB account.

2. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

It's called "Nick/George Syndrome Ward" :)

I have to say I really like this idea, especially since we don't know what happens next year. I'm already member of the group. Please join us too! :D

3. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Request sent! Even if you did send all that snow up here, Smokey. :p

I've got a bunch of different lists on FB, so I think if I do everything just right, I can share things with only certain people. I have no idea if I do things right, but I usually put so little on FB anyway, it doesn't really matter. :)

4. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Mine sent also.
    I'm pretty open and visible on FB, I originally joined as a way to post pictures for family members, since all of our family live in the Midwest. Now many of them have joined, and not to mention the tons of old school friends that are around. I try to stay pretty circumspect on there though, out of respect to my older Aunts and family and keep fun stuff like this on the side.

I forgot to mention earlier that I saw the CBS holiday promo last night as I was fast forwarding through some commercials, and when I went to stop and play it, my son goes "Oh yeah, that was on last night, I almost woke you up so you could see it" :lol: Guess he knows me pretty well, but still didn't end up waking me up. I didn't tell him I saw it here first :p

There are apparently a couple of versions out, but it's totally cool that George is in both I've seen, even though he shares the screen with Michael & Simon. It's the handsome men screen :drool:

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Okay, I added several people to the group, but I'm not sure who some of them are. :lol: So feel free to post and let us know your "Talk" name. :)

I see they have a group chat feature there too. We could use that sometime.

I'm trying to figure out if when we post there it shows up on non-member friends' feeds. I don't think it does, but I'm not sure.

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

There's no shenanigans on my site as I won't allow it, but no one goes to the site so....

But it has a discussion board, but whatever.

7. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

It doesn't look like it does - at least, I can't see my group post from my other FB account.

Group chat sounds like fun too, if it's at the right time. :)

8. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I've been avoiding facebook like the bubonic plague (mostly cause I don't want people I knew in high school bothering me) but I guess I may just have to sign up.

Got to keep this crazy bunch together somehow

9. SwedishNickyFan

SwedishNickyFan Victim

And just when I found this site it might end. :( I might want to join if that would be ok. I am on FB but I'm not sure how it works. I like to keep most "fandom stuff" seperate from real world. I would very much like to know if you figure out if that non-member friends feeds works.

Ok. I just sent a request even though I'm not sure about this. I just wanna be able to enjoy some Nicky goodness with like minded people. How do I let you know who I am?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  10. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Princess, you can block people on Facebook, so those friends can't bother you.

And I agree we do need to keep us together :)

11. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Hmm...I've also been avoiding Facebook, but just might have to join because I enjoy Charm and the Ward.

Meanwhile, what a sweet photo of Elizabeth and George.

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Here is some more information that applies just to groups:

• Can people who are in the same group as I am see more of my information? When non-friends are in the same group as you, this does not allow them to see any more of your profile (timeline) information than your privacy settings allow.
    So if someone who is not a friend of mine on FB is in the group, they will only see my group postings. They cannot see any of my other information/posts/etc.

• Why am I seeing stories from groups I'm not a member of in my News Feed? Stories from open groups may appear in your News Feed since open groups are public.
    But our group is closed. So stories from closed groups would NOT appear in anyone's News Feed unless they are a member of the group.

• Closed: For Closed groups, everyone on Facebook can see the name and members of the group, but only group members can view content in the group.
    • How do I edit my notification settings for a group? To change your notification settings for a group, go to the group and click the Notifications button at the top right of the page. You can turn notifications on or off from the dropdown menu.
    Hope this helps! :)

13. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

To add to this, it doesn't appear that group memberships show on your page to others (even other friends) - so someone would have to actually go to the group page to see that you're in it.

14. Stokes626

Stokes626 Witness

Request sent! :thumbsup:

15. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Ok, it took me awhile and I needed help but...

Smokey, request sent. :D

(Yes, you all have converted me. I've taken the plunge and signed up on Facebook. :eek:)

Susan