Episode 10x09 -- 'A Few Dead Men' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 19, 2011.

?

What Did You Think?

1. A+

13.8%
  2. A

20.7%
  3. B+

20.7%
  4. B

27.6%
  5. C+

3.4%
  6. C

6.9%
  7. D

6.9%
  8. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree completely with you, greatfan. NO ONE deserves to be raped, EVER! I don't give a flying flip who they support. They don't deserve to be raped just because they make a mistake in who to believe in. It's not like she knew they were guilty. They were manipulative and snowed a lot of people. They were good at manipulation. It's not her fault that she bought into it... they were just that good at the manipulation. But no, she didn't deserve to be raped.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  2. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Wow. That is an incredibly offensive and hurtful to anyone who has been raped or sexually assaulted. And there are many- about 1 in 4 women will be raped or sexually assaulted in their lifetime (yes, men can be victims of rape too, but it statistically, most rapes are male-rapes-female).

You can't sympathize with a rape victim because they threw a party for their soon-to-be-rapist (without knowing beforehand that they were a rapist)? Wow. She threw them a party to celebrate because she thought they were innocent. Last time I checked, having a party for someone does NOT mean "sure you can stick your penis inside me!", especially after it was clear that his advances were unwanted.

If you're a decent human being with an ounce of a heart, then YES, you are supposed to believe it, because NOBODY ASKS TO BE RAPED. EVER. NOBODY DESERVES TO BE RAPED. EVER.

I really, really hope you don't have daughters, or do in the future. I can't imagine how terrible you'd make them feel if one of them told you they were raped. And if you do have daughters, I can't hope and pray enough that they are never raped, so they don't have to encounter the strong possibility that their own father will blame them for it.

3. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I don't care if the rape victim had been naked throughout most of the episode, no means no,period.

4. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

Despite opinions, I just think about what is when some people assume that it is okay when a girl dresses a certain way or gives some kind of vibe that she wants to be taken advantage of. I don't agree that anyone deserved to be raped or taken advantage of at all. But, it does happen. It's uncalled for, but the fact is, it happens.

Maybe I was a bit harsh in believing that she asked for this, if not to be raped, but it could've been worse. When she chose to support them to begin with, she could end up in anyway, raped or what. When one of my parents' friends attended one of our parties, he gave me a bad vibe like he was trying to come on to me. Until months later did I found out that he was a sexual predator. Good thing nothing has ever happened to me. I would never wished this on my daughter, niece, goddaughter, or anyone! I don't have children, but I would never wished this on anyone. Truth be told, it wouldn't really help to try to bring children I have or could have into this. It's condescending, really.

5. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Why are we starting arguments again? I thought that the girl consented, but lied and told Calleigh she had been raped. If that was the case, then no, I don't feel sorry for her either. But if she was drunk or drugged or something (I don't remember exactly what happened), then I feel bad for her.

6. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

So a person is at fault if they believe someone is innocent or gives them a second chance?

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

No, she never lied about Victor raping her. What Calleigh confronted her about lie-wise was when Darren told Calleigh that he and the girl were having sex when the long haired dude was murdered. Calleigh went to the girl and asked her if it was true. The girl said yeah, but then Calleigh knew she was covering for Darren. She didn't think Darren killed the other guy, but she just didn't want him being a suspect because he'd been in jail for something he didn't do... and he'd told her about what he overheard Victor and the long haired guy saying about killing the kid. She said she believed what Darren said he overheard after what Victor did to her.

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

GNRF is right,the girl was covering for Darren but was raped by Victor.