Season 10 Ratings Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Hardline Pro, Sep 30, 2011.

1. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Speaking from the UK, so not really knowing much about this, isn't this the episode that's been delayed least by football? Do you think that means the guys (I assume it's mostly guys) who watch the football, stay on and watch Miami? Someone said to me 'Well, it's a show that men like, isn't it?' Er, don't know! Not on this site particularly! But maybe there's some truth??

2. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

Is it too much to hope that last nights low numbers are a one off ?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  3. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

daisymay--60 Minutes airs right after football ends, then The Amazing Race, The Good Wife, then CSI: Miami. I think at this point, all football fans are probably gone by then. :(

4. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I understand. So all those shows are delayed as well? Does it affect their ratings?

5. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Exactly! If the game runs 30minutes, or an hour late, 60 Minutes will air once the game ends. There is one time, I remember the game ran over an hour late here in Chicago. All the shows aired EXCEPT CSI: Miami. I don't know if it was a nationwide decision by CBS or the CBS affiliate here in Chicago (WBBM-Channel 2), but late local news airs after Miami ends. So, that's 10pm Central time--11 pm Eastern. WBBM may have just decided they didn't want to air their newscast after 11pm, or if Miami had aired, after midnight. It's a slippery slope. :scream:

A little correction...I went and checked another board I discuss all the CSIs at, and found the article I was looking for. It happened a year ago, and it was a nationwide decision by CBS to pull the episode scheduled to air, even though Undercover Boss (the show that aired before Miami at the time) had an alert saying that Miami would air next, though it didn't, causing quite some confusion for fans all across the US.

Here's the article:
    STL today/The case of the missing CSI: Miami

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  6. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

7. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Pretty good, I guess. At least they got in the high 9's.

8. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Theresa, I don't know that it's really the best idea to be telling people to panic. It's like so many people have already said: Miami is on a Sunday night. That's a really sucky day for it to be on. That said, if you look at the ratings for Hawaii 5-0 (the show that is currently in Miami's old Monday night spot), they're not much better than Miami. In my opinion, this bodes fairly well for Miami. I mean, think about it. Miami has been on for ten years. More than that, it got moved to Sunday night. If I'm not mistaken H 5-0's rank last year was a brilliant 22 with nearly the same number of viewers is Miami. Given that Miami had over 16 million viewers its first season (and a ranking of like 12), I'd almost be more worried about H 5-0. If CBS were to switch Miami back to Monday and stick Hawaii on Sunday, I can tell you with absolute certainty that Hawaii would die and Miami would (especially given the better calibre of episodes this season) do much better than it's doing now.

That said, instead of being negative and telling people to panic, perhaps you should consider affecting change in more constructive ways (i.e. contacting CBS, buy your own ratings box deal, etc)

9. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Ouch, bad, bad, bad. But it was expected since there was a delay and the show itself is not getting any fresher...it's only 8,89 mln this week and 1.7/4.

10. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

OUCH...another series low...

11. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

There's only one problem with this--CBS loves Hawaii Five-0, and I do too, BTW (maintaining full disclosure). ;) Gets promoted quite a bit. Much more than CSI: Miami. I don't want either show to fail. I'm not sure if it were switched back to Monday nights--if the ratings would improve so much. People may be thinking a decade on the air--its time is over. How many shows out there can say they've actually run a decade (or more)? I think CBS (in the last 20 years) has the original CSI, and before that it was JAG (which started on NBC).

I don't like to think that the show is doomed. I do like to stay positive, but this may be only because I still love the show (faults and all). :p

12. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I'm very sorry to hear that. It was an excellent episode that deserves much better viewership.

13. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

Well there is another thing to take into consideration for last night. One of the other networks had the American Music Awards on and since that has lots of interesting music acts lots of people, especially young people, were watching it.

The Good Wife did better than Miami this week, but if you look especially at the demographic, you will see that they beat us by as much as we usually beat them. In other words, we draw more or the desired demographic than TGW does so we were hurt more then them. Hope the people at CBS are smart enough to see that.

14. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Sorry, but it is still time to panic. These ratings are abysmal. It is fine to stay positive; however, reality is beginning to set in.

15. Martina

Martina Victim

And I found another thing, why Miami wasn't very successful. I think, a lot of Natalia-Fans dont' watch the episode, because she was not in this episode.