Ryan/Jon #31 - Takes a Lickin’ and Keeps on Tickin’

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Oct 24, 2011.

?

Thread name

Poll closed Oct 31, 2011.
  1. Ryan Wolfe, Man of Mystery

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Remedy for Togo Fever

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Hero of Our Hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The Miami Way

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. A Smile Brighter Than Diamonds

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. Takes a Lickin’ and Keeps on Tickin’

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. Gators, Tornadoes & Bears: Oh My!

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. The 3 T's: Togo, Tux & Towel

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Re: Ryan/Jon #31 - Takes a Lickin’ and Keeps on Tickin’

Oh me too having not so good days. Lately I'm bit depressed so totally enjoyed this week's Togo fix (4 episodes. 3 from s8, 1 from s9).
    But as always NEED MORE :lol:

Yes Curse of the Coffin is good choice, gotta watch it myself again:)
    I'd try some s9 episodes (Hunting Grounds, Stoned Cold, MMIH).
    Yup season 8 defo is good for laughter. I still find it hilarious (especially how Ryan and Jesse screw up Walter to get him do the dirtyiest things:guffaw:)

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Also agree about "Curse of the Coffin".It's a great episode.There was really nice interactions between Ryan,Calleigh and Eric,and Alexx as well.
    "Hunting Grounds" is another good episode.

3. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Oh yeah, I love curse of the coffin! I'll get it on iTunes tonight. :)

Which one is hunting grounds? Is that the one with the bear? I loved Ryan, Walter and Jesse scenes from season 8. They all had a perfect balancing chemistry.

And thank you loves. :)

4. luf100

luf100 Coroner

No Hunting Grounds is from season 9, it's the episode that Adam directed. I forget completely but I think the killer is killing people by letting them run first and then, well, hunting them.

5. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Yup luf that's right. The guy lets them run and others hunts them down. And Ryan got leech:lol:

6. StoryGirl

StoryGirl Dead on Arrival

The one with the bear is Bone Voyage. I think it was the crossover. That was hilarious and brilliant :)

I loved the chemistry between Ryan Walter and Jesse especially when they poked fun at each other :lol: It was a complete bromance between 3 guys....I'm gonna miss those times

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Yes- Ryan, Jesse and Walter were a fun trio. It was good to see Ryan have some friends. And that bear scene was very funnt. It was just a shame that for half of the season Ryan's character was way off. That kinda ruined it for me.

8. StoryGirl

Yeah I think it would have been so much better if he was there a bit more, he has seniority over Jesse but yet he was pushed side. It seems the writers sometimes have major issues writing scenes and seasons, although this season is pretty good, it's like they're making up for past seasons.

9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ I meant taht he was way off character wise. That he was written out of character. He seemed slower and unprofessional, at least for the first half of the season. But you are right, he didnt have much to do either.

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree Solitaire,Ryan was out of character until later in the season.Slower is a good description of the character for the first part of the season,it was almost painful to watch. I didn't enjoy the season until he was more himself.

11. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Oh I agree ladies. Slower is really exactly how it felt for me. I'm currently at the end side of s8 with approx. 3 episodes per week.
    And I can agree about the trio. Will miss that magic as long as the show goes on.
    But I think I'm at the best episodes right now (Backfire and diamonds).

12. StoryGirl

Oops sorry , I understand what you're saying now and I see that too.

13. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

That was pretty funny!! And Jon's reaction to the dog was funny as well.:lol:

Another good moment.:)

Me too; it made me want to pull out my hair because I knew that wasn't the "real" Ryan. Slower IS right; that was painful to watch. The worst for me were, one, the comment about the farmers in Bad Seed; no way Ryan would make an insensitive comment like that and two Point of Impact where Ryan was whining about hurrying through a crime scene because he was hungry. Ryan is dedicated to his job and doing it thoroughly and would NEVER do that. I will never understand why this happened.

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Those were the worst for me too.The comment in "Bad Seed"made me cringe but I had a stronger reaction to the comment made in "Point of Impact".I actually hated that comment and how it made Ryan look, and that he was chastised by Walter .I truly wanted the writer fired for that one. Thank goodness the later episodes were so much better for Ryan. Even though there were good moments,it was "Miami we have a Problem" when I felt Ryan was really back.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  15. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

I don't know why but that "hungry" line didn't bothered me that much. Maybe my pov is totally different or maybe I just took it differently, but how I took it, was that was meant as a joke, a "naughty" comment. Maybe I even felt there's something "between the lines". But I didn't dwell into that too much. Sadly I didn't get the chance to watch Bad Seed again because I really don't remember exactly what he said.