"Crime After Crime" Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Nov 12, 2011.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I thought they did a decent storyline with GSR, and I love D/L on NY, although they could probably balance it out a bit so there's less 'in our face'...so I have to disagree about them doing good romantic storylines. But even though I'm primarily a CatNip girl, I do wish they'd just stop muddying up Cath's personal life...I can't say much here without spoilers, though.

Also, I do like the sheriff this season better than some of the earlier ones.

2. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

When they started looking for the accomplice, I was convinced it was going to be Vartann they'd find at the lake.

3. TJR

TJR Civilian

Reasonable? To who? A drunk skunk?

I know it's been said multiple times already, but... seriously, WTH, mate? Vega's been a straight-shooter since the very beginning. He's never shown any indication of being a dirty cop, or a renegade, or anything but a successful, upstanding member of the LVPD. But because we haven't seen him in a few years, all of a sudden we're supposed to assume a switch got flipped somewhere and his character did a freakin' one-eighty?

And... for what? Shock value? I just... that's unbelievable to me. Not only is it extremely disrespectful to the character that Geoffrey Rivas and the writers have spent the last twelve years working to create, but it's also hugely disrespectful to the show itself. Were it not for the ending, this would have been my favorite episode of Season 12, if not one of my favorite CSI episodes in general.

Like most of the episodes in this season so far, this episode was good all around. It was well-written (funny and fascinating), well-acted (even the guest stars were on their mark), well-directed – in other words, it was strong enough on its own that it didn't need any "surprises" at the end to buoy it up. That someone didn't have enough faith in that fact is, in my mind, a massive insult to all the hard work that has been and is being done to (pardon the pun) bring the flagship show back to life.

TL;DR: Great episode, except for the ending. That s*cked like a Hoover.

4. Poirot

Poirot Victim

Yeah, it would've much been easier to pop a rabbit out of the hat and bring a "character of the day" to commit the crimes

I mean how the hell the knife evidence was there and why the hell was it even there? was he sure that the CSIs were going to find it?

As the man in my screen-name did (Poirot in the last book) sending a fox to hunt and then have him hunted for his own "crimes" is a little convoluted

5. aaronfalin

aaronfalin Dead on Arrival

I was really hoping the accomplice dirty cop was going to be officer Fromanski(sp?). I never liked him in either 'Paper or Plastic' or 'All For Our Country'. I was disappointed that it was Vega, but no one asked me ahead of time. Maybe they needed to thin the roster like they did with Wendy, And he chose to go out this way...

Here's hoping the 'dirty cop' angle is done. Its already overused in a vast majority of crime shows anyway, I hope that my beloved CSI won't add to that long list too.

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah, Fromansky would have been a good one. Or who else was it that someone said was already nasty at times? I forgot.

I'm really hoping they don't mess up Brass anymore, though. I'll really throw a fit then. We already had McKeen and the guy with him and before that, Fromansky... I did hear Miami used the dirty cop angle at times, and we know NY has...Mac's old partner, Danny's old partner, Moran,that guy who was swiping coke...enough already.

7. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I actually liked Fromansky as a character - he was gruff and grumpy and butted heads with the CSIs, but I really liked that he wasn't a dirty/bad cop. It was a good way to show the differences between the CSI and police points of view, without it being strictly black and white and CSI always right.

Although I didn't like the Vega angle, I did like that in the end the CSIs did get to process the evidence and solve the crimes. It was a nice bit of closure, and showed that legal justice could happen too.

8. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

This was a great episode. I have it an A+! I loved the dirty cop vibe. The scenes with Greg/D.B. and Catherine/Lou were fantastic. I did have a hard time watching the Brass/D.B. scenes. Brass had a vibe in those that made me not like him. I hope he brings me back around in the next episode. I was very surprised with the twists and turns in this episode. It was one of the first in a long time that I did not expect a lot of what happened. This show is really coming around again.

9. Dark CSI

Dark CSI Hit and Run

Hmmmm, find it hard to buy Vega as a crooked cop...he was never protrayed that way before, or even as being an angry one that might have a dark side. Nick's pain while he tried to be professional was beautifully done at Vega's death. I liked how they contrasted Brass not calling the ambulance at the end and DB having to sort of push him to. Not to mention that scene at the end with Brass and DB where DB talks about his respect for Brass and how he'd like them to work together. But my favourite scene of the entire episode was Greg and DB; the line "its a crime scene not a date you wacky kid" made me howl with laughter! :D And DB is officially my second favourite character on the show now! I know I keep saying it but he was EXACTLY what CSI needed to breath fresh life into the show (here's hoping Marg's replacement is even half as good).