Who should step in for Marg? *Possible Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, Nov 7, 2011.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, I actually meant her being introduced even more slowly than that and even more slowly than Ray was lol.

2. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

I think it's a good idea but I doubt they'll introduice a reccuring or guest character to be a lead one later

3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

IMO they don't need anyone to replace her. George should move up as second lead and the team should remain the way it is.

4. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

Yes but they need a Lead LADY ! ^^
    excepting Jorja or a new actress, I don't think someone else will replace Marg !

5. SwedishNickyFan

SwedishNickyFan Victim

I get the TPTB feel like they need a new female lead but I don't think they do. With Ted in the new lead it will be too soon to throw in a new "second" lead. Nick has already been second to Catherine so I think he would be great at that position.

I just can't see anyone replacing Marg. I've tried to come up with a name but it just feels wrong. I will miss her so much.

6. aaronfalin

aaronfalin Dead on Arrival

Perhaps bring in a well-known female that has moved onto another profession? A profession that could come in handy in complex cases of human psyche? Not as a CSI, mind you.. but as a recurring character to balance the ratio... I'd love to see Heather Kessler on a regular basis :) Ok, enough dreaming for me!

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I nominate Regina King, for so many reasons, not the least of which she is so awesome on Southland.

8. EEK!!!

EEK!!! Hit and Run

Dana Delaney!

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Agreed!! But...I want her to stay on Southland and keep helping it be awesome! :D

10. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Actually, that's probably the most realistic suggestion. Heather Kessler is an established character who has already "grown," moving into a more legitimate profession, plus Grissom has already used her as a consultant (no matter that he also was looking for personal answers), so it wouldn't be a stretch. They could always say she'd continued her education since we last saw her and has received her PhD. I can see the new female sheriff more likely to accept her than the past male ones. I also love that there already is and will always be tension between she and Sara because of Heather's friendship with Grissom. Now, if only Brass can learn to take her seriously. And I wonder how Melinda Clarke would feel about returning on a more regular basis.

11. GregNickRyanFan

She's got "Body of Proof" on ABC, so unless that is canceled, she's unavilable. Besides if that show were to get canceled, I'd rather have Jeri Ryan join CSI (she's on that show too). Not that Dana would be bad, I just like Jeri better and I can see Jeri being really good in scenes with Nick especially.

But now that Memphis Beat is canceled, maybe CSI could get Alfrie Woodard. I think that's her name.

I do like the idea of Heather being on there as a consultant. :)

12. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

I'd LOVE to have Heather back! I'm all for that tension ;) <333

I'm still standing with they DO NOT need another female. Gahh Heather as a consultant or something would suffice for a new female actress.

13. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah and it would also be good because they wouldn't have to spend time with her backstory. It's already well established for the most part. An entirely new character means they'll have to take time to create backstory and show it somewhat on screen which takes more time away from the longtime main characters.

14. aaronfalin

aaronfalin Dead on Arrival

Aha, so glad to know I am not the only one fond of the idea of Heather being a regular. Wouldn't even have to be every episode, just every other one, lol. Everyone made great points about her established backstory, the tension with Sara, etc... I'm starting a petition :devil:

15. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I'll sign it ;)