George/Nick: Texan Charm #12

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Thanks Smokey, I was just cruising the list so far, and looking at grades :lol:
    She gave the Pilot and 2nd ep both D's :eek:
    And she must not have like Evel much either, cackle, regardless of the lack of a grade :p

And the titles.........:lol:............good thing she has the real ones underneath :devil:

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Late but adding an aww :) It's almost like a real life version of Danny on CSI NY with his dog tags, just different circumstances. (my brain always goes to NY I think lol)

I have to agree with the funeral mention...it'd be interesting to see. Probably inspire some great fic too.

And yes, we need more Nick and Cath. I'm still a big shipper and am gonna be sad if we don't get another episode with those two interacting.

3. SwedishNickyFan

SwedishNickyFan Victim

Thank you, yes I will try and read through all that. And sorry to be dense but I'm not sure what you mean by that back to back. If like the post I did with the commentaries... so if I'd want to talk about more "Nicky things", I'll just add to that post if it is within 24 hours?

Oh yes. I sure hope there will be a couple of good Nick episodes this season. I'm up to episode 3 now and I'm glad Nick was in them as much as he was but yeah, something "more" would be very nice indeed. And I hope he will have some nice moments with Cath before she goes. I have always loved their friendship.

4. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I read some of those and they are funny. I wish she had continued the reviews, but it looked like she stopped at Season 5.

MacsGirlMel - I agree with you, I'm going to be sad if we don't get some Catherine and Nick interaction before she leaves. It would be a real shame.

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

SwedishNickyFan, yeah, you can edit your posts for 24hrs, so its' better to do it that way. 'Back to back' is also called 'double posting' but same thing. I think it keeps posts from pushing other recent posts too far back, keeps the thread cleaner.

6. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Not a bad amount of Nick in last nights episode - still wish we had more though. I got so excited when Vega asked Nick how his Spanish was - thought we would get some Spanish speaking Nick, but we didn't get that much. I enjoyed his scenes with Sara - I always liked them working together.

He was rocking those jeans at the end, although I wouldn't mind seeing him in looser fitting jeans once and awhile - like the ones Beckham wears.

I'm glad they had Nick get emotional when Vega was pronounced dead - I always liked when they worked together, so it made sense.

IMO, I would have liked Nick talking to Brass at the end instead of DB.

7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Poor Nick. :( I can understand the vigilante aspect but did they have to make Vega a bad cop too? I always loved the way Nick and Vega worked together over the years. (not to mention I've always liked Vega even more than Vartann. :eek:)

Nick sure has a thing for calling people by nicknames lately. Brass was Jimbo in that other episode and he called Vega Sammy in this one. :)

Also loved the look on his face when Vega spoke to him in Spanish. :lol: You know damn well that he understood that. :lol:

I don't think I like this new trend where they call in one of the labrats or Super Dave to go into the water! I miss the good ole days (Let the Seller Beware anyone! ;)) where Nick had to do it. Although I did like the scene of him leaning on the tailgate of the Denali, large coffee in hand. :lol:

Maybe more after I do some capping. :)

Susan

8. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Oh, man those jeans were hot when he was leaning on the Denali!

It was the saving moment for me after what happened to Vega :adore:
    But I have to say no to looser pants, I just can't help myself! :devil:

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Damn it damn it damn it! :scream: :( I think most of you know Vega was my second favorite to Nick. I can't believe they did this to him! :(

George was great in the episode tho. And I love how he was at the end still trying to help Vega after he knew he was bad. You could just see Nick's character coming through...I don't think he would ever go down the road of Vega (or even Brass).

He seemed a little too cheerful the next morning tho. And to add to the nicknames, he called DB "bud". :lol:

Definitely not enough Nick tho. I'm really missing him being up front more like he was with Ray. And like Stef said at one point...I sure hope we get a really good Nickisode at some point this season

10. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Wow! great Nick last night.

and No Loose Jeans. The ones he's wearing are just fine :drool: :devil: I don't pay attention to Beckham but I'm not a fan of 'loose' pants except maybe on my hubby but enough said on that :devil:

I feel asleep during the show last night :eek: but I did catch the end :eek: so I definitely had to go back this morning and rewatch it. That certainly was a shocker about Vega. I liked him :( but it just goes to show even the 'good' ones can go bad.

blackflag, I don't think we would have seen Nick in the water last night only cause it was divers that were called. Nick and the rest of the CSI's aren't qualified as divers I don't think.

And the truck scene at the end with Russell :lol:

off to :drool: over some pictures in The Ward now and make someone a happy camper :)

I think that now that George's Dad has passed :( I have a feeling we'll see more. I think, and this is my opinion only, that the reason we haven't seen much Nick this year is that George has probably been spending time in Texas to be with his Dad. We've seen in with Marg getting ready to leave that tptb have been very good with the time off. Anyway just my [​IMG] on the topic.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Maybe later in the season there will be one. I would think that at this point they were probably a little afraid of doing one because of the condition of his father. And while I don't like less Nick :)alienblush:) they were probably lightening his load so he would be available to go to Texas if he wanted to. :(

Susan

12. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I agree Blackflag, I think that is the reason why the episodes have been Nick-lite. But then the upcoming episodes will be dealing with Catherine's exit and then they plan on bringing in a character to replace her, so when will we get a good Nick episode?

13. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

what I said in my edited post above :)

14. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I was going to mention that too, it was a little out of character the next morning I thought, for Nick to be so cheerful.
    It made for some good caps tho :adore:

One thing I was happy with, is the the fact that when Vega pointed his gun, it was at the cops by the cars. I did a freeze frame, and I'm pretty sure he never once pointed it at Nick or Brass, which I assume was out of respect for them. And Nick called Vega "Sammy" :)

And I noticed him calling D.B. "bud" too. :adore:
    It's now been D.B., Russ, Bud and Mr. Russell.
    I love how Nick is so respectful, it was a nice touch to have him call D.B. "Mr. Russell" in front of his son, so Charlie would see the respect that his dad deserved. I pointed that out to my son, I thought it was really classy. Then later, Nick called him Russ in the lab. I really like the way their relationship is developing!

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I guess in a way I hope that's what the reason is, and in a way I don't because it's too sad. :( I got the feeling that the show was going back to its roots with DB at the helm and we were just going to have to get used to it, but we'll see...and hope. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.