Episode 10x08 - Dead Ringer - ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Nov 12, 2011.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Is it just me or does Esteban kind of look a little like Dean Cain?

See, he didn't do it cause they were tailing him the whole time. So maybe he and his Dad are tag team serial killers?

She should have known better than to use heat on a piece of evidence that contained DNA. But stuff happens. They'll have to find another way to catch the killer.

I like the Walter has told H what O'Shay wanted him to do and they're playing upon that to get possible dirt on O'Shay.

A tribute killer? Good grief. People are crazy.

LOL at Ryan's sarcastic "That's a sweet dog".

"Look at my shoes!" haha.

Ryan: Dude, it smells like something died in here.
    Walter: You sure its not your shoes? :lol:

Nat: Esteban's got an airtight alibi.
    Ryan: Well, I think it just sprung a leak.

Like that Nat and Sam got on good terms again and worked together to find more evidence. Too bad it didn't point to Esteban.

LOL got'cha, O'Shay... you smug bastard!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

~OMINOUS ENDING IS OMINOUS~

3. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Lol @ vegaslights

Horatio's doing a weird stance thing lately when he's talking to someone in a car....*
    WOAH Natalia!!!! She's yelling at Sam the way Ryan used to yell at her!!! Hahahahaha.....
    Loveeeeed the Ryan and Calleigh scene at the pound.
    The guy with the eye is going to give me nightmares.*
    Walter got a lil snappy too! With Ryan.*
    Wait. Wait. Wait. WAIT.
    Is there something going on with Eric and the ex prostitute? Lunch? Are they dating??? WHAT?!
    I didn't understand everything going on in this episode. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention....*
    The ending was GREAT though. I loved it.*

4. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

What's ominous?

Few thoughts:
    -I liked this episode even though it seemed to be all over the place. I felt there were too many guest characters. IDK...? :confused:
    -Another super model looking lab tech. :rolleyes:
    -Lol @ Esteban's Santa Clause comment to Horatio. That made me chuckle.
    -What's up with Eric and the prostitute? They had a lunch date? :wtf:
    -O'Shay...what an epic fail.
    -What are the odds that Esteban's driver and the other guy had cells right to to each other?
    -I take it this is not the last of "The Taunter"?

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

My point exactly. They tried to make Horatio seem all suspicious but I really was just sitting here going :rolleyes:.

6. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Gee, what's happened to Horatio? Given the availability of swamps and alligators, you'd think Esteban's body would already be alligator food. I mean, a little thing such as legal procedure never stopped H from exacting justice before...:lol: Maybe next week...

7. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I liked this episode mainly because the cast was well utilized and there was backstory to make it more personalized. Boy, Natalia was sure *itchy tonight; glad it ended well with the lab tech. It is obvious now that Eric is filming another movie because he only showed up for one block of time and then disappeared. So happy that Ryan was utilized more. Even though the crime is way to yucky for me, it was one of the better written episodes so I overlooked it.

8. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

I enjoyed the episode overall but man I hate that Dr Estaban Navarro :evil: gives me the creeps even if he didn't do it. Maybe he has help there. That's what I thought when I saw the creep with the dogs or if maybe he was a copycat killer. I was surprised to see who actually did kill those women. Never saw that coming. Someone mentioned that maybe the killer is the father and the son is covering for him. Now I did think that though. I don't believe we have heard the last of the Navarros.

Some random thoughts on the epi. Wow people in Miami walk on water! :eek: well that's what it looked like when they were strolling on that cat walk or boardwalk thing. Looked good too.

Is is just me or does Samantha resemble Marisol? Or am I traumatized from Season 4!?!? :rolleyes: :eek: :wtf: But I do find she does look a lot like her. And Natalia yelling at her was because of the accuracy of the DNA test and not because N is mad at her. I think they have so much time constraints in finding the suspects it does put a lot of pressure on the cases to be solved. And that is another thing I liked... Horatio writing on the boxes UN... right beside solved. So he thinks they are not finished with it yet and so do I.

Poor Ryan and the doggie do. Made me laugh. Love Ryan. :)

I love the set up with Walter and O'Shay. Go Walter! :thumbsup: That O'Shay makes me mad, just go already.

When I saw the suspect in the jail, I knew he didn't kill himself. I did think maybe the Dr made his way over to do that job himself. Now I see it was his driver. And that driver slapped Frank in an earlier scene. Not good, not good at all.

That's all I can think of at the moment but I did enjoy the show. Now if that dr gets killed this season, I will be a happy camper. ;) What a creep.

I enjoy reading your views on the episodes folks.

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Enjoyed the episode.I do wonder now if the killings are going to just stop now that the Navarros manipulated everything including the guy that was murdered in jail?
    Agree with H that the murders aren't solved and I'm sure the Navarros will be heard from again.
    I'm sure I've seen the driver before in one of the Law and Orders and he played a driver that also murders .
    O'Shay needs to go away.
    Also liked that the entire team was used well.
    Me too.
    Ditto

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  10. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

What an awesome episode!!! I can't find any goof, all is just perfect!

Horatio is never wrong if he thinks Esteban is a killer so you bet he is. But somewhere in the middle of this eppi I was so confused and really started thinking maybe he's not. Great job, writers:thumbsup:
    This Esteban is really an evil genius and manipulator. Finally, Horatio met match. I'm happy the story to be continued.

Hope O'Shay won't bother H (and me:devil:) anymore, such a nuisance.
    Nat was too harsh with Samantha but the latter is too emotional for police worker. If Nat said her to jump from the bridge she would do this too?:confused:
    Whole pack of CSI's tracking one suspect - great idea:thumbsup:
    But Eric dating(?!) with prostitute :eek: oh, no...

rahkira
    Not bad idea, alligators would appreciate this:guffaw:

11. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

Meh - I'm tired of the episodes lacking a flow. Yeah, we've seen this guy before, but this episode could've been viewed any point in this season. -- Natalia was out of character, unless she's 'touchy' because of all she went through, but because of the lack of character development with this show, that explanation either doesn't make sense, or needs to be played out more.

The show is becoming boring to me. - Pretty predictable. Not enough story and story arcs. -

12. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Very very good episode! I liked it much better than last week's. The Navarros and O'Shay are jerks but make for interesting viewing.

I like the increase of Horatio scenes; him writing "Unsolved" on Angela Owens' evidence box at the end was a nice touch. I know he won't give up until the real killer is behind bars.

The team worked well together and they did a better job of evening out the screentime this week.

Good for the lab girl for sticking up for herself. :thumbsup: I liked Walter encouraging her to stay.

Frank and Horatio working together :D

Interesting case, love the complex plot that Diego concocted to keep his son out of jail. I can't wait until these guys go down :devil:

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

If the doctor is really the killer, his dad better watch out. He could be a bit like a wild animal and turn on his dad at some point.

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

This episode was kind of in the middle for me. Not great, not awful. I like the Navarros as the bad guys, but the episode itself just didn't hold my interest as I thought it would. The scene were O'Shay realized he had been played was awesome, though. He had it coming.

I liked this too. I thought Natalia was way too hard on the lab tech (even though she did make a huge mistake). But really, who exactly is Natalia to be telling her to quit? I'm glad Walter stopped her and that later she held her ground when Natalia came around again to demand some more. Made me like the supermodel-turned-tech a little more.

Calleigh getting the dog dude was awesome.

I don't think Eric is romantically involved with the girl. I think the writers want us to think he is. I do really think he is just trying to help her out. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just think it's more about the writers wanting us to believe something than about Eric and the girl being involved.

Average episode. C.

15. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

What did I not like about this episode?
    Let me think...
    NOTHING!!!
    I can't think of a single thing in this episode I didn't like.
    I loved EVERYTHING about this episode.
    Here are a few of the things about this episode I loved.
    I loved Horatio's line: We just became his alibi.
    I loved Frank's attitude when the bodyguard slugged him.
    I loved cranky Ryan after he got dog crap on his shoes.
    I really really loved Natalia lighting in to the new girl for ruining the DNA sample.
    I also really really loved O'Shay realizing Walter had played him.
    I loved the new girl making up for her mistake with the blood DNA by getting DNA from the vomit on the victim.

Oh...I really, really, really, really wish we had one of those grade polls here like with the NY episodes over in the CSI: NY section. I would give this episode a BIG, fat, juicy, eat your heart CSI: NY, A+. ;) :) :D