Grade 'Crushed'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Nov 11, 2011.

?

How would you grade Crushed?

1. A+

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. A

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. A-

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. rhymes81

rhymes81 Victim

Well, here's my two cents on the whole Jo/Lindsay thing...

Lindsay's comment had nothing to do with blaming Jo and everything to do with trying to empathize with her situation. Last year, Lindsay was faced with a case where she felt very responsible for what was happening but she didn't end up biting Jo's head off. Instead she listened patiently while Jo offered her some words of support. I think Lindsay was trying to draw on that experience - on that connection between the two of them - because if anyone would know how Jo might be feeling in that particular moment, it would be Lindsay. There was no blame, only the acknowledgement that she understood how important the case was to Jo. I don't think she was at all out of line - but Jo certainly was with her response. She bit Lindsay's head off, for Christ's sake! And when Lindsay came to apologize for the misunderstanding (which she shouldn't have had to do, IMO, but she did anyway because she's Lindsay and that's the kind of person she is - she doesn't want to create waves or have unease with her coworkers) Jo still didn't apologize for the gaping, bloody hole where Lindsay's head used to be. Instead she tried to justify her reaction while minimizing Lindsay's own apology.

And as for the person who commented that Lindsay has been rude and obnoxious in the past... I'm sorry. Have you been watching the same show that I've been watching for the past 8 years? The only instance I can think of where she's been on the giving end of being rude to one of her coworkers was when the case from Montana came back to haunt her and she was having flashbacks and snapped at Stella one time. *rolls eyes* Because one time and always are the exact same thing.

2. MS1213

MS1213 Hit and Run

I don't think Lindsay ever thought Jo WAS responsible for what happened back in DC, but I can understand why Lindsay thought Jo was FEELING responsible for it. This is what Jo told her in Vigilante.

Can you really blame Lindsay for assuming Jo was feeling some responsibility/guilt over what happened?

3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

No. To me it did seem like she did feel some responsibly. Doing the right thing is a double edge sword.

4. MS1213

MS1213 Hit and Run

That's the only time I can remember too.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Yes, I do watch the same show as you do. Last time I checked it was possible to watch the same scenes and have differing opinioins about it based on things like personal experences and beliefs. :rolleyes: People who like Lindsay and aren't any more "right" in their opinion than people who don't like her.

Lindsay isn't always rude and obnoxious, and I don't think I personally have ever said she always is rude and obnoxious. But she has been rude and obnoxious to multiple people on multiple occasions. She's been a bitch to Adam more than once and she treated Danny like crap during her "deep, dark secret" storyline and also during the Ruben storyline to name at least two instances.

Also, maybe TPTB was trying to make Lindsay look empathetic but IMO it didn't even come close to the mark. Based on my experiences people don't say things like what Lindsay said to Jo if they're trying to be empathetic. YMMV.

6. rhymes81

rhymes81 Victim

Well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I certainly wasn't trying to imply that because I enjoy Lindsay as a character that my opinion was more valid than anyone else's. I don't actually mind Jo that much, but her reaction bothered me because I honestly felt that Lindsay was trying to offer her some empathy and Jo stepped in before she could get her point across clearly and started to put words in her mouth. I've had people do that to me before and whatever I was trying to say was twisted into something completely different because emotions were running high. It's a frustrating situation to be in and at the end of the scene I felt far more sympathy for Lindsay being on the receiving end of Jo's tirade than I did for Jo. Maybe that comes down to poor writing, or maybe it's just my "personal opinions and beliefs" coming into play.

As for the examples you've provided showing Lindsay's supposed bitchiness... again, those are completely subjective and again we'll have to agree to disagree. YMMV.

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I thought this was a great episode. There were some intense moments and some lighthearted ones. I loved how they introduced Jo's arc. Thought it was really well done and it certainly has my interest. Jo is clearly affected by this (as anyone would be) and Sela gave A+ performances throughout. As for her scene with Lindsay, macandjogirl described it exactly how I saw it:

Of course Jo felt some degree of responsibility (she even said so in the end). Doing the right thing doesn't make you feel any better when something bad happens because of it. And a woman being raped is certainly a VERY bad thing that happened because of a decision she made even if it was the right one. That's no to say it's her fault, because it is definitely not her fault, but any human being would still feel responsible because we simply can't rationalize it 100%. That's what I think Lindsay was referring to; thinking that Jo felt responsible not that she actually was responsible.

Mac saying they had Adam and all Adam's scenes were awesome. As was the Flack and Danny scene chasing the mall cop :lol:. Also, I thought that Flack's scene with the rape victim was really touching and Eddie gave a wonderful performance. The girls were convincing and did a good acting job (the killer and her sister). Good episode gave it an A.

8. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I liked the episode and I give it an A. It had the few twists that I did not expect. It had drama. It had a little bit of everything. I liked the back story with Jo. Her issues with Lindsay was understandable. Jo was just having a hard time with this case coming back into her life and she just took it out on Lindsay by taking what Lindsay said the wrong way. I loved Adam's like always. I am hoping we get some Mac or Sid side stories soon.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I have to agree with Jo about that whole "game". That was beyond sick. Libby needed some serious therapy. There's something wrong within a person if they have to do things like that to other people. Maybe she had some insecurities of her own and rather than express or admit them, she humiliated other girls in an attempt to alleviate her own insecurities. Either that or she was just flat out sadistic and cruel. I don't know which it is, but honestly, this is another "victim" in NY's history whom I do not feel one ounce of sympathy for.

10. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Indeed,Libby reaped what she sowed. I'm sorry but I can't feel sorry for someone who feels no guilt in being cruel to others and the damage that is inflicted upon them. Kate will be dealing with the effects of what happened all her life and Libby was thinking it was the funniest thing in the world. You can only be cruel to so many people before it will come back to bite you in the butt.
    In the same breath,Rachel is not only going to go to jail, but sadly,things will get worse for Kate and the other girls before it gets better.
    As for the complaints that the CSI franchise has already done bullying episodes..it's hard to come up with fresh ideas after a while and even from from eight to ten years ago when the series started,the face of bullying has changed.
    Instead of having to simply endure it in school,kids in high school can now be tormented via the web and cellphones 24/7. That leads to depression like we saw with Kate.
    Plus,as I said in a previous post, there can never be too many episodes done to show the effects of bullying.

11. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Interesting episode but not one of my favorites. The cruel teen case brought to mind the CSI Miami, from last season where the parents killed off a bully. Coming from a person who was bullied, I can see why the "victim" was killed. I think of course there were other option besides killing but that gal was a bitch!

As for the Jo/Lindsey thing. You all know that Jo is my least favorite on the show so I felt that she was rude to Lindsey. I, however, also realize why Jo got upset. But she didn't give Lindsey a chance to say anything before storming off in a huff, which was irksome. Glad they patched things up by the end though.

I was a bit peeved that it took 13 mins before Mac came on. I wonder if that is CBS's way of cost cutting. Adam wasn't on much either.

12. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I like both Jo and Lindsay but I'm with Lindsay in this episode. Like other posters have said, Jo should have let Lindsay explain herself. Lindsay wasn't blaming Jo why the rapist was sent free. Jo was out of line. They are professionals and they should be open-minded with issues like this. I'm not psychologist but it looked like Jo was feeling guilty and quite responsible, hence the defensive rant to Lindsay. And Lindsay was the one who apologized, which was very nice of her but unexpected.

On the other hand, I love Sela's performance. That last scene was riveting and you can see Jo was mad, frustrated but determined to finally put the rapist behind bars. I am wondering why it took so long to give Jo a nemesis (yeah it's just her second season, but it felt like she's been on the show longer because she fits in so nicely). I'm really looking forward to what happens next. I've had enough of Mac rage episodes that basically end with his preachings (or whatever you call those self-righteous speeches).

The case was also very good. The motive was strong. The funny scenes were really funny. Love the NYC location shooting. NYers who were at Washington Square Park were so lucky to see the cast.

This episode is an A+ for me. I'm very easy to be pleased, as long as I don't fall asleep and I still care about the ending of the episode I can give at least an A-.

13. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

I had a hard time with that too. I don't think the police would be looking that closely. The marble table was obviously the problem in the balcony collapsing. I think a far more likely scenario would be the host "family" or home owners getting sued than a murder being uncovered.

Love Flack and Danny chasing the mall cop. Lots of Flack this week--and Jo. Good week, solid episode.

Tobin

14. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I agree. Seems like being sued would be the likely effect not that I endorse that either. Too often when accidents happen people want to make money off their person's death or injury. Sometimes things happen and no one is at fault. But throwing money at it won't help.

15. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I too can't see how the porch falling apart would be a crime scene. Obviously once the autospy was done on Libby it'd be a different story but until then,there was nothing to suggest foul play.