Grade 'Crushed'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Nov 11, 2011.

?

How would you grade Crushed?

1. A+

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. A

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. A-

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

A party takes a turn for the worse and Jo gets a visit from her past! Give tonight's episode a watch and let us know what you thought. :cool:

2. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Oh damn. Loved Jo telling off Lindsay, she can be quite a pest sometimes. LOL. :lol:

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Well, we're 20 minutes in and I want Jo to punch Lindsay in the face.

ETA: That Danny/Flack scene just made up for an episode that really isn't keeping my attention. This whole mean, popular kids are taking advantage of the unpopular kids has been so overdone in this franchise.

ETA2: At least they had Lindsay apologize to Jo.

This was a below average episode that was made tolerable by Danny, Flack and Jo. I'll give it a C because of the promise that the rapist story line will develop into something good.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  4. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

That party is getting TOO BIG.
    I would be willing to bet that fall hurt.
    Good line, Flack. "Welcome to the end of the world as we know it."

Now for the commercials.
    New Year's Eve movie
    Air Optix
    Burlington Coat Factory
    AT&T 4G LTE
    Sears
    Dawn
    Prego
    Fiat
    Kohl's
    CBS News Republican candidates debate

Back to the show.
    Picture time.
    Sid!!!
    $5 says the marble table didn't kill her.
    Wow. Hawkes is a math whiz.
    I say the guy Flack is talking to did it.
    What's that on his hand?
    What happened to her?
    Ah, I bet we're about to get into Jo's past.
    If Mac says "We're gonna get him." they will.
    Nice little season 7 flashback.
    Uh-oh tension.
    I think Sid is about to prove what I said earlier in this post "the marble table didn't kill her."
    Yep. He did.

More commercials.
    TJ Maxx
    Pizza Hut
    Lyrica
    Lens Crafters
    Move Free Ultra
    Toys R Us
    60 Minutes
    CSI: Miami
    How I Met Your Mother/2 Broke Girls

Back to the show.
    Mac and Flack.
    I hope you're being honest.
    I bet I know what she was doing there. Yep, prostitute.
    Hit them, Jo.
    Poor Jo. Stuck between 2 clowns.
    What do those pieces of paper say?
    Ah. That's what they say: #wordsrdead
    Say his name and PRESTO there's Adam.
    Whoomp. There he is. Put him on a scale. I got $5 that says he weighs 300 pounds.
    Rock, paper, scissors. LOL.

I hate commercials. I really do. :scream:
    Abreva
    KFC
    Target
    Keurig
    Breaking Dawn
    Law firm in Huntsville, Alabama
    Veteran's Day sale
    Belk
    Tonight at 10 on the news

Back to the show.
    $5 says he didn't do it.
    Both females
    BLING. There's the necklace.
    Sick.
    Double sick. The boyfriend.
    Boy, she is short. I like her hair, though.
    Wonder if Kate did it.
    I don't think Kate did it.
    Rachael and Kate related?

:scream: AHHH!!! Is it time for more commercials already?
    Zicam
    Toys R Us
    Reddi Whip
    Jared
    Secret
    Campbell's Soups
    Blue Bloods
    The Amazing Race
    Tonight at 10 on the news
    Regional Spine and Wrist Center
    Havertys
    Station promo
    Deal or Dud every Wednesday on 10 pm news promo

Back to the show.
    :eek: Rachel did it?
    Libby was a bitch. But she didn't deserve to die.
    Cold.
    I smell a story arc coming.
    Yep. They'll get him. Around the end of the season.
    :wtf: Guess I was wrong about the arc.

:klingon: I HATE COMMERCIALS!!! KILL THE COMMERCIALS!!! :klingon:
    Excedrin Extra Strength
    Kohl's
    Dish Network
    Loreal
    Sears
    The Good Wife
    Hawaii Five-0
    Play60 NFL Rush

Next week on CSI: NY.

David Letterman.

Now Blue Bloods.

OK I already know exactly what grade I'm giving this episode.
    (Dramatic pause)
    A+. Yes, you read right. I said A+.

5. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Episodes like this bring back not so pleasent memories of my experiences in high school. The popular kids taking advantage of unpopular ones theme may be a bit overdone but it's a harsh reality, especially in the day and age of facebook and myspace.
    To me, there can never be too many episodes about bullying. As someone who's been there..trust me when I say just the emotional cruelty of bullying sticks with you for life.
    And Katie wanting to be friends with the popular crowd ignoring the voices in her head telling her something was up,the lack of remorse shown by the bullies etc..was all dead on. That and the effects of it.
    While I can't condone murder, I really can't show any sympathy when a bully becomes a victim of his/her own cruelty as LIbby became. You reap what you sow.
    As for the rest of the episode, FINALLY someone tells Lindsey off like she should have been seasons ago. Go JO!

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

On a lighter note, I loved Danny and Hawkes.

Hawkes: Extreme Makeover?
    Danny: I was thinking more like Jo's office

lol

They made it look like a tie up with the Jo case, but we all know there's more. I bet it'll be a side thing again next week, then take center stage for part 3.

7. MS1213

MS1213 Hit and Run

What did she tell her off for exactly? For trying to be sympathetic?

8. ioanhoratio

ioanhoratio Victim

Agreed. I understand Jo's frustration with the situation and her fears and concerns, but Lindsay was clearly just trying to be a friend, and even if Jo feels Lindsay misspoke I don't understand her harsh, disrespectful and over-the-top reaction. Even when Lindsay tried to clarify her statement Jo was unforgiving. I really felt that was out of character. I like Jo. Her even keel attitude was something that drew me to her in the first place so it was shocking to see her so hurtful and mean toward Lindsay. Which if the writers were using that to demonstrate how truly and deeply effected Jo is by the case, then maybe I can understand, but that "non-apology" from Jo at the end of the episode, as well as her continued attitude toward Lindsay still seemed unacceptable.

9. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Personally I'm getting annoyed of the lead ladies unloading their frustration on Lindsay; Stella did it in season 3 and now Jo did it as well. I get her frustration, but like the two above said, she was trying to be a friend, nothing else. She didn't even have to apologize in my eyes. Oh well, I guess everyone interprets scenes differently. I won't say more about that because I doubt more of my opinion is welcome anyway.

10. MS1213

MS1213 Hit and Run

Well said. ITA.

11. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

This episode was kinda bleh. Just hope the ratings don't suffer though.

Not enough Mac and Adam. Adam was so cool and funny since he was telling Jo to teach Mac more patience even though I did think Mac was kinda impatient. :lol:

Danny and Flack was funny with the rock, paper and scissors. I didn't think it was that girl who killed her half sister.

Hope next week is better.

12. macandjogirl

macandjogirl Victim

I read the whole thing differently. Yes, Lindsay totally misspoke and should've been more careful with her words, but she didn't mean anything by it, and then it was too late, she'd hit a nerve and Jo reacted. But I think the reason Lindsay stopped trying to explain and just let Jo go off and walk away was because she got it... it is personal to Jo, which is all Lindsay meant in the first place, and so she just let her friend vent and went to do her job.

I think that's why they didn't lace their later scene with any kind of real tension. It didn't seem at all like Jo was still pissed or Lindsay was really hurt, just that they'd had an awkward moment and it was time to deal with it. And Lindsay and Jo both seemed fine to me at the end. Lindsay apologized for her gaff, Jo explained why she reacted that way. I didn't see any of it as more than two friends dealing with a really tough situation and being super human about it.

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

If someone had said to me what Lindsay said to Jo my first assumption would've been that she wouldn't have said it if she didn't at least partially think Jo was responsible in some way for the rapist going free. I'd be pissed she said it, too, and would tell her off. I've never found Lindsay sympathetic and saying something like that even if it was nothing more than projecting her own feelings onto Jo (although I personally took it as more than that) was rude and presumptious at best especially since she knew the case was so personal to Jo.

That said, Lindsay did apologize and Jo did say she took it too personally and shouldn't have snapped so they were all good in the end.

I don't find it strange at all that both Stella and Jo have ended up snapping at Lindsay. She's been rude and obnoxious to both of them as well. I actually like the fact that they don't try and pass Jo off as Lindsay's BFF or anything just because they are the only two women on the show.

As for the topic of the main case, yes bullying is a serious issue, but that doesn't mean the CSI franchise has to cover the topic 847 times. They've done, redone and overdone this topic. I'm just not into these types of stories that much.

I'm much more interested to see where the rapist storyline goes. I'm excited to see how Jo handles things.

14. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Well, seems that Mac doesn't yell at the guys all that much anymore. Hell, even Adam is become more braver than he used to be.

15. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Raise your hand if you have even been to a house party with that many people? Then how many people have been at the same party hand have the balcony fall? I have! NO joke! The air conditioner as well. But I was in college at the time.
    So I was failing to see how that scene was a crime scene? It was an accident, no one had any malicious intent, even when bringing out the marble table.

Then of course, there was the dead girl and there had to be a crime scene then.

The case it self as Jo said was sick. It made me sick to think that girls are doing that to other girls. My question is that how did the 'popular girls' know the other girls were virgins? That stuck out at me. I mean it's not like they spent all that large amount of time with them, the other girls were just a means to a sick joke. It was truly heartbreaking. :(

Danny and Flack have much more chemistry than Danny and Lindsay. They need to work together much more often.

Which brings me to Lindsay and Jo. I'm not a big Lindsay fan. I can see how they were trying to have Lindsay be sympathetic to Jo and how she felt about botching the rape case. It seemed very similar to Aiden back in season 1/2 and her vengence against DJ Pratt. I liked that storyline a lot actually and I like how they are doing it with Jo. But Lindsay rubbed me the wrong way. I know she was trying to reach out and be a friend, but it fell short. I guess I have a hard time seeing Lindsay carry a deep dark secret or have any sort of sympathetic feelings. She just doesn't seem to bring them. But that's me and what I see of her.

Overall, I give the case a B.

I am really enjoying this season so far. One of the best in a couple years.