Eva/Natalia #4: Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Mar 29, 2011.

?

thread title

Poll closed Apr 10, 2011.
  1. Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. I am Woman, Hear me Roar

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Boa Vista - A Beautiful View

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Foreva Boa Vista

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Always There For Everyone

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. More than what you think she is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. It's about time, she's waited long enough

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  8. Let's Go Berserk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Berserk for Boa Vista

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh, okay. I wasn't sure if she was a celebrity or not. At first glance, I thought it was Josie Davis (the tall blonde from Charles In Charge). She favors her a little bit.

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Oh yay! FINALLY a little bit of some better news -- not sure if it's a must for spoiler box, but just to be safe.....

Eva pitched the idea for the episode 'Crowned', and they've written Kaya (her daughter) into the episode, too!!!
    I love Kaya, she's so cute. I cannot wait to see her debut! How exciting for the little munchkin. I hope she has scenes with Ryan.... Kaya loves her some Jon Togo, lol.

Oh, btw, this was all brought to you by Eva's twitter....

3. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

I saw that! So exciting! I hope she has a scene with Ryan too! She loves Jon! I wonder if they're gonna give her a scene with her momma?! That would be so cool if they did! I've been wondering how long it'll be before they include into an episode! I love following Eva on twitter! I find out so many things!! Good luck Kaya!!!! You'll do great! :)

4. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Best of luck to Eva & Kaya for the episode! Hope they will have a scene together, would be the most awesome. :)

5. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

While I have still been watching CSI miami, I obviously haven't been on here posting. I am frustrated and tired with the same ole' thing. And it boils down to character development. -- Even Eva notices it:

Recent CSI Files Interview

This quote angers me so much (Not anger at Eva, anger at tptb that have allowed this careless and carefree atmosphere). It's really an insult and just plain disrespectful to the fans, for tptb to have such a total disregard for their fans and their characters. -- Why take it with a grain of salt?? Clearly tptb have a laissez-faire attitude, they don't seem to care and don't see the point in caring... so why should we??

The fans know the characters better than the writers. And we catch them on it. It makes the show lack-luster. - Especially given that any character can be inserted into any storyline (i.e. This sunday in 'By the Book', Natalia was originally written into a scene, but then Calleigh replaced her in those scenes.)

I had a bad feeling about this season which was emphasized in 'Stiff', When Natalia's car alarm kept going off, yet she was able to hear everyone and everything just fine... no mention to the (miraculous and long awaited, albeit slow and sloppy) character development that started to emerge last season (although quickly forgotten).

Last season seemed like a small step in the right direction, so I had promise for this season. However, while I am not hating season 10, I find myself just sort of going through the motions when I am watching... It takes too much energy to get invested and/or into the show... what is it that they say...? : "Crazy is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results." --

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  6. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I won't expect much for this season at all. All the efforts that made the show better last season are just dropping off all over this season. After 6 episodes, nothing stood out at all. There is basically no direction at all this season. There are so many opportunities to develop and write for Natalia but none happened, instead they forget this, forget that and even forget to write her in. Don't get get me started on that dropped storyline of hers, it is already hard to see her being MIA amongst some other crap.

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Hey all. A friend sent me over some exclusive photos from the Beckstrand event -- a very special thanks to AdamRodriguezConnection & Beckstrand Foundation:) (there are more in the link)
    http://www.adamrodriguezconnection.com/#/beckstrand/4557005856

I was also told that Eva was very appreciative that "her boys" were there to help support the event.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

And she went from ^ to this -->: :wtf:

[​IMG]

How awesomely cool! :lol:

Courtesy from Eva's tweet pic!

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ I loved the costume & picture; couldn't believe it was even her. :eek: She reminds me of some freakish female version of Sqweegel!!
    *get's ideas/wishes I could talk to Anthony Zuiker*

10. shigg66

shigg66 Dead on Arrival

Hi Guys,I unfortunatly don't have enough time to read all the posts so I only pick up bits and piece's of information.I have been trying to keep up with this one because Natalia is my favourite character. I read(and noticed) that Natalia isn't in some of the episodes this season,and wondered if there is a reason for this.Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered.

11. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Great make-up, I was caught by surprise at her disguise! Love her poses too, totally creepy and evil. She kinda looks smaller there too. I would love her to scare someone....:lol:

shigg66,
    Hi, in a nut shell, she was being written out of 3 episodes out of 19 episodes this season because of "budget" reasons given by the network, CBS.

She was also out of even more, about 5-6 episodes in Season 8.

Bottom line, not a single fan is okay with such a terrible decision by them. Totally not supported and not accepted. We need to show our support for Eva/Natalia!

Yeah, that about it. ;)

12. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Cool, look what's coming to HGTV:

13. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Great news, MJ!

This sounds like a special episode and I can't wait to see it. Anytime Eva is allowed to step up front is gold ... and we get to see Kaya as well. Awesome!!

I'm finding it hard to watch when I know that Eva's presence is reduced or she won't be in the episode.

I actually turned the channel Sunday night to a rerun of Criminal Minds because the first few minutes made me flash back to the time when the characters first up dominated the show and I just couldn't go there again.

What a treat it will be to see Kaya and I do hope she gets some time with Jon! :)

14. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I hope someone does record the 'Celebrity Holiday Homes' special and put it on YT! Would love to see her rocking Halloween themed home, I think or it is X'mas? Anyway it good for me!! :)

Eva says Kaya is goign to have 3 lines! How awesome is this? Hopefully it will come true for them!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  15. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Yet another lousy, boring, forgettable episode. Natalia scenes are just getting fewer and fewer in between. She is missing so many episodes and still they can't have her more when she is on. Another thing that irritates me is her always being in the second half of the episode!! WTH are they doing, do they think this is a soccer game? She is the substitute who comes in in the second half? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: