Season 8 Spoiler Discussion #2 - Spoiler Scene: Do Not Cross

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

Ah geeze.....CSI was a rerun too. At least "Person of Interest" was new this week....

Tobin

2. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Nobody will be watching baseball on Friday. So they're going to air the Halloween episode almost a week AFTER Halloween? Fail. As I always say, you can't spell CBS without BS.

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I think it's ok if the new episode is late by a week. Last season's "Scared Stiff" was late by two(?) weeks but was still spooky when it aired.

At least CBS still cares for the show (for now).

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I think that's my problem too. We usually have little hope of even getting to the series. The Cubs never do much of anything and the Sox haven't done much since '05.

5. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

So when are they going to air "Get Me Out Of Here"? I checked my DVR and it says they are airing "Crused" this Friday, 11/4. I can't find "Get Me Out Of Here" on the listings.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

It'll take awhile for the DVR to figure it out if it does but sometimes it really doesn't.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, it took several hours for the Direct menu to update Friday to show the repeats lol.

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

From Kristin

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

He sounds like another DJ Pratt, or whatever the name was of the rapist who killed Aiden.

And I totally read that paragraph incorrectly. I thought Kristin was saying she played Harrison Ford's wife in "Fugitive" and I was confused until I re-read it LOL.

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I hope this isn't confusing without names. :/
    8.12 "Brooklyn Til I Die":

~ A drunk young man is playing baccarat with a rich, dangerous-looking man. The rich man's bodyguard has a gun, but the drunk man isn't quite what he seems. He shares a look with a beautiful woman at the end of the table, and she lifts a tube of lipstick to her mouth. The lipstick has a hidden camera, and she takes pictures of the rich man and his bodyguard. When things start to go wrong, the young man tosses his chips up in the air and escapes with the woman before the man's bodyguard can make use of his gun.

~ The woman winds up dead, shot once in the stomach, and the young man is still missing. When the team retraces their steps, they find the baccarat room and the rich man. Mac and Flack head inside, but the man is unconcerned to see the police there. He is dismissive when they try to ask about the young woman and her companion, and he says they got off lightly. When Mac and Flack handcuff the man to arrest him, he starts to freak out. He thought they were part of a "game", and he had no idea they were real cops. He's just an actor.

~ The game is a scavenger hunt, where teams of two take on personas and complete a series of tasks. The man and woman were pretending to be undercover FBI agents, and the mission was to take surveillance photos of a 'crime boss'. The so-called bodyguard's gun is fake.

~ When the CSIs contact the people running the game for the names of their players, they discover that the missing young man is the son of one of the wealthiest men in New York. The kidnappers send a package to the father to let him know they mean business: his son's severed finger.​

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

The comparison Sela makes to The Fugitive makes me think this will be a pretty tough fight scene. I've been thinking that the "fight" won't amount to too much but if it's something like in the movie then it'll be more violent than what I first thought. Now I'm even more intrigued.

8.12 reminds me of a movie plot or TV episode and I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe The Game with Michael Douglas? Or a CSI Miami episode?

13. PerfectAnomaly

NY already did a plot very similar to this where the point was to "kill" your opponents, didn't they?

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

True, but ultimately, the 'game' here isn't the main focus of the episode - the kidnapping is.

(I feel like the spoilers are confusing. Oops! :lol:)

15. PerfectAnomaly

OK. That makes me feel better about it. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.