Season 8 Ratings

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Air Apparent brought 10.70 million viewers and a 1.8 in the demo.

2. pdegan2814

pdegan2814 Dead on Arrival

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Networks-Ratings-DVR-1038856.aspx

According to that article on TV Guide, nearly half of viewers have a DVR now, and as a result the Live+7 numbers are showing larger increases than ever for some shows. I haven't seen the L+7 numbers for CSI:NY, but I gotta think there's a good chance Friday night shows will be especially helped by this number.

My gut says unless something dramatic happens by the end of the season, CBS will be open to keeping all three CSI shows, but may require some cost-cutting measures to do so, like reducing the episode count for some actors.

3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I have noticed some darkness in the background in the lab and some areas. I did just last night notice blinds on Mac's windows in his office?

EDIT: Not sure I like the idea of actors/actress not in an episode due to cuts. Saw that on CC and it kinda was sucky.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  4. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I have noticed the lighting change in season 8 and I don't like it. The yellow cast is worse than season 1's blue tint :shifty:

5. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Wow. That's really good considering it's an 8 year old show AND it's on Friday, one of the hardest nights for TV stations. If the ratings keep steady like this I think Season 9 is very likely. :)

6. Grissom rules

Friday's re-run of Smooth Criminal brought 6.947 million viewers and a 1.1 in the demo.

7. Grissom rules

Last night's Get Me Out Of Here! brought 9.65 million viewers and a 1.6 in the demo.

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Ugh.. And I think I read that Grimm won that night. :wtf:

9. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

My issue with last night's ratings was not Grimm (I kind of like it.) but Blue Bloods. It's seriously benefitting from fewer shows to compete with (err, it's only against news magazine shows) and it is on at a later time when more people are in their home. Ugh, if BB continues to beat CSI: NY then NY might be done this season. :(

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I don't understand the ratings for 9pm now.

NY had more viewers and the second number for adults than Grimm. And Grimm won? Really? :wtf:

Final season for NY, probably.

I don't get why it would matter with Blue Bloods. It's on at 10 but I bet BB wouldn't do well at 9pm.

11. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Grimm was the winner at 9pm because it had higher 18-49 rating, 1.8, while NY got only a 1.6. The 18-49 rating is the basis of how much advertisers pay for a TV advertisement spot. Since TV shows get most of their money from ad rates, that rating is the basis of what show wins not the total viewers.

I really hope not. But if BB continues to do well, CBS has lesser reasons of keeping NY because it's getting more expensive as the ratings go lower.

That's what I'm thinking. Just last week, repeat of NY did better at 10pm than the repeat at 9pm. Friday 10pm is the safest spot in that night simply because 8pm has fewer people and 9pm has tougher competitiom. BB has no competition but it gets all the praises. But I understand because well it still does well no matter what the circumstances are.

12. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I do hope it isn't the final season either but I just don't want to expect it to come back and it doesn't.

I had high hopes for Cold Case to come back but I should have realized that it was the last season when it was on it's last season.

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

"Crushed" pulled in 10.16 million viewers and 1.7/5 in the demo. (Source)

That was the highest for the hour in overall viewers and in the 18-49 demographic. (Blue Bloods, for the record, got higher viewers [11.18 million] but the same 18-49 demo as NY at 10:00pm.)

14. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Is that good or bad? I'm hoping to get more episodes because 18 just seems shitty.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I honestly don't know. The show still does well for a Friday night series, especially when you compare it to other networks, but the 18-49 demo isn't spectacular (and that's the most important thing), and CBS just has a really strong group of series overall. Being decent on CBS probably isn't good enough.

I have no idea what it would take to get more than 18 episodes...