Grade 'Air Apparent'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 21, 2011.

?

How would you grade Air Apparent?

1. A+

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. A

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. A-

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  5. B

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New ep of CSI: NY tonight! Give it a watch and let us know what you thought! :cool:

2. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Can't wait to find out who used Angela's finger to write "Hank" with blood.
    Well, thanks to Sid they now know Angela didn't write "Hank" in blood. So who did?
    Where's Adam? Just realized I haven't seen him yet.
    What is Jo working on?
    There's Adam.
    You tell him Flack. "That's what happens when you bring a knife to a gun fight."
    That guy's a nut, jumping out in traffic like that.
    I hate commercials. Just saying.
    I bet the younger brother/basketball player Riley did it.
    I might be wrong. The coach may have did it.
    Hey coach, can you spell LOSER?
    I love that last scene between Flack and Sam.

OK. I liked this episode but I'm undecided what grade I'll give it. I'm going back and forth between A and A+. I'll come back and grade it after I watch the replay later tonight on ON DEMAND.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

When you watch it, see how the background looks in the lab? Too me it looks dark.

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Now that was a good episode.

The case wasn't too memorable, but it definitely meshed well with the Flack/Sam storyline. I'm so glad the writers brought her back; Kathleen Munroe and Eddie Cahill share a really wonderful chemistry. It's nice that there was a bit of a reunion between the two and Flack went up to bat for his sister. Whether Sam stays clean and can maintain the job is a different story, but for now I'm really thrilled that we got to see the two of them interact again.

Seeing both Flack and Sam reconcile paralleled masterfully with the struggling brothers. These are two guys who definitely care about each other but have a decaying relationship due to addiction. I'm interested in knowing what came first for this episode; reuniting Sam and her brother or if it was a matter of a case that would work well integrating them in. I was somewhat puzzled as to who the actual killer was, and while I had my suspicions about the coach, I wasn't entirely sure he did it. The basketball scene towards the end I thought was a nice final touch, though I am a bit bothered that it had to be Mac who once again pushes someone into doing the right thing.

The cons to the episode were few and far between, but good fucking grief: Lindsay attempting to be tough is just a hilarious sight to behold. The writers keep attempting to make her appear to be this tough chick and it is really quite the opposite. :lol: Once again, both Lindsay and her poor miserable husband are the human centipede who just won't separate. Sure, Flack and Lindsay had their moments together but the conference room scene was so damn infuriating. "Go run off together and work your lead." Please. :rolleyes: And for the love of God, Danny, shave the 'stache.

All in all a pretty decent episode and definitely the best one of the season. Hopefully the trend will continue.

B+

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

It was a good episode. Not a wonderful, amazing one, but good. The case was interesting and it kept me wondering who the killer was and what was the motive. The Flack and Sam scenes were gold. Especially the last one. I really see the sibling relationship between them and the fact that they look so much alike definitely helps lol. Liked the last scene with Mac giving back the letter to the brother and then Hank and Riley playing basketball, it was nice.

I guess what was lacking for me were good team moments. The only scene I really enjoyed was the one when Jo walked in on Adam having one of his moments lol. They were all too business-like in this episode and while that's not a bad thing I like those lighthearted, funny moments. B

6. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I graded it a B. The case wasn't very memorable and I didn't really feel warm and fuzzy for the brothers or Flack and his "sister trouble." Flack is my least favorite on the show so it just was a bit dull for me.

Good Adam bits though I feel like they waste him for goofy skits. This episode seemed to have less Mac. Wondering if they are going like Miami and cutting down on Mac time in favor of the supporting actors. Was glad however, Jo was on less.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Sid: I believe our killer gave us the finger. :lol:

==

Is it just me or is Lindsay's hair shorter?

==

Sam: You've been knocking on my door like that since what, the academy? If you're not careful, you're gonna scare my boyfriends away.
    Don: Exactly what a brother should do. :adore:

==

Sam: I've been sober as a church mouse, Don. Bout all I do is stay inside and watch The Young & The Restless.
    Don: That's the worst part about working the day tour: missing my stories. :lol:

==

Is Flack following his sister?

==

LOL at Adam "I'm taking my talent to South Beach". And Jo walking in on him. heh.

I love his smile there at the end.

==

Liked Lindsay's line to the guy holding the knife on the girl. And Flack's "you bring a knife to a gun fight?"

Damn! That dude pulled an action movie trick escaping the cop car... and that other vehicle came out of nowhere.

==

Why does Sam have an accent and Don doesn't? Or her's is much thicker anyway.

==

Oh hey look, the coach is Ted from Queer As Folk (I think his name on there was Ted). At least it looks like him.

Glad Flack stopped Hank from doing anything.

Hank: Detective Taylor said he's gonna check in on me. Something about that guy makes me think he's serious. LOL.

==

Aww Flack got Sam a job. Loved that she said "what if I screw up? It'll reflect badly on you".

They really ought to have her on here more.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  8. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I give this episode an A-. Great scenes with Flack and Sam as well as with the brothers and a case that kept you guessing.
    Much much better than the stuff of the past few weeks.

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I expected a few complaints about the Lindsay scene. But I don't think they overdid anything tonight, at least in the on-screen shipping department. There was that line of Mac's, but nothing of it was shown. And the scene with Flack was a good step in mixing things up.

Is it that the 'fierce Lindsay' scenes just don't come across with the emotion she's trying to convey? One of those not convincing things? I'm just curious what exactly makes it seem funny.

I loved Adam and Jo's reaction. Also glad for the continuity with Flack and Sam. Now just say something about Louie...grrr...

10. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

After watching again I decided neither A nor A+. I'm going with A-.

11. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

about 10 mins before it was due to start last night, i realised i just couldn't be arsed, and watched something else instead. this is a worrying development. but if i do bother to watch it i'll let you know what i thought.

*watches as everyone keels over in shock* ;)

12. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Well you didn't miss much Mac action. They were stingy with him :shifty:

13. spunky86

spunky86 Hit and Run

Good episode. I'm not a Flack fan but I liked his interaction with Sam and Hank. At first it seemed like a Flack centric episode then by the end it turned into the Mac Taylor show. I hope after this episode that Sam doesn't fall into the black hole of continuity, and that we see more of her with her annoying older brother. I gave it an A, would've been an A plus if the writers hadn't turned it into the Mac Taylor show yet again.

14. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Going to re watch it but I liked it.

Adam stole the picture of Reagan off of Mac's desk and Mac doesn't know it yet.

Did that work?

EDIT: No, it didn't... dang.

Btw, that never happened.

15. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I thought that Flack really should have been the one to give the 'contract' back to the younger brother, instead of Mac. But then I guess he wouldn't have been able to go visit his sister at the end instead.
    I'm ambivalent about Sam's return. On the one hand, it gives us more Flack scenes - which is never a bad thing! - on the other hand, I was pretty 'meh' about her in her previous appearances, so wasn't all that pushed about her return.

So I guess that Danny's stint in uniform has been wiped clean from everybody's memory and we'll get nary a mention of it again....works for me.

The only thing I really disliked about Lindsay pulling the gun scene was that it should have been Flack going all sexy, um, I mean bad-ass!