Episode 10x03 - 'Blown Away' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Spookycsi 33, as far as I know, we don't have any in North Carolina, and we get hurricanes too. Ironically, the only places around here with any warning sirens are the two nuke plants within 20 miles of each other. There are a lot of people here from the northeast who don't have a clue about tornadoes, don't know the difference between a watch and a warning. Honestly I have yet to see sirens in St Louis either, and they got raked over three times this year. When Lambert Airfield got hit, my in-laws had no idea anything had happened till they turned on the news.

2. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

I think tornadoes in Miami aren't seen often so they don't have any sirens. But they do have hurricane watch/warnings. At least in the book it was stated that tornadoes are rare and they have stuff for hurricanes.

I don't know anything about tornadoes (all I ever learned is only what's been on tv) and thankfully we don't have that kind of weather here. But with all there crazy weather/climate changes I believe that'll change in future (year ago's freak summer was total proof of that)

3. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

SpookyCSI_333, you live in Alabama?? Me too! Lol! I agree about the tornado discrepancies in the episode, but I guess they couldn't be 100% realistic about it because they wanted Ryan and Walter to get caught in it. Plus it's television, they have to turn things aroun sometimes for the sake of the story. I don't really understand why they both went into an evacuated area though. And more importantly, there are rarely evacuations for tornadoes bc they are so random an unpredictable. Hurricanes, yes, but tornadoes no. I did feel like the damage looked realistic though.

My original posted reaction to this episode may have been a bit harsh, but I was just expecting a little bit more from this episode. Plus I was tired and sick and had to go to work the next morning. Lol. But the last Ryan scene made up for it I think ;)

4. dreamer285

dreamer285 Hit and Run

5. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

6. luf100

luf100 Coroner

That's probably why they had Walter sitting during the locker room scene with Ryan. He's SO tall, when he stood up Ryan was actually looking UP at him. :lol: They make a funny pair, but I love their friendship.

7. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

LOL he's so HUGE. I looked at caps from the episode and gosh Ryan looked half shorter. No wonder he flew in the wind, Walter is just too huge for that :D

But they're so cute together. All these funny moments.
    I'm now looking up every episode for the duo.

Gosh I can't get off the image of Walter carrying Ryan on his hands :guffaw:

8. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

My friend, a long time CSI Talk Files poster, advised me to do the following. It may be true that Walter is NOT one of my favorite characters, BUT my reference above was not meant to be taken as a trollish insult to his race- I too am African-American. My friend did not want me to appear to be trollish, even though my avatar, the ruby&theheadmen character is at heart is a villainess at times and does have her 'witchy' shall we say, moments.

For those who took offense at my dislike and are defending their lovable 'big guy'; I give the statement above. It may not mollify everyone since he does affect me (and has ever since he's entered the show) this way, but no racial animus was intended nor implied.

I may have my strong likes and dislikes, but I do not want to be seen as a troll.

I do appreciate his speaking of Creole and French and thought the actor Omar Miller, did his best work when he showed his talents this way. Perhaps he may go undercover in Haiti or something in an episode in the future.

Ready to move on to the new episode-
    Ruby&theheadmen

9. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I didn't see it as anything really bad, if I were you though I might want to put a disclaimer or something saying you don't mean anything....mean. Lol (sorry I just woke up and I'm not full of vocabulary at the moment).

Omar is just incredibly tall. I wouldn't call him huge, because he's not necessarily fat. He just has a very tall and wide build. So next to Togo, who's a bit short and lean, it's funny to see how different they look. But their differences and friendship/interaction are my favorite theme in the show. I feel like Omar brought so much freshness to the show and definitely made it more enjoyable. :)

10. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I used to not be a fan of Walter, but now that his friendship with Ryan has grown, he is very likeable. This relationship is the best aspect of the show right now, and I am really enjoying it!

11. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

I love Ryan and Walter together and Walter has become one of my favorites. I'm glad he has someone to be "buddies" with since Jesse is gone.

I wish they would show more close friendships among the team, like Horatio/Eric or Horatio/Frank. The little bit with Ryan and Natalia was good in 10.01 :)

12. yen35

yen35 Witness

Great episode. Fantastic opening scene. Some nice team interactions also. Particularly enjoyed the opening scene and the one with Eric and the little dog.

13. StarGirl11

StarGirl11 Witness

About the lack of tornado sirens I actually sat down and did a bit of research because I am a complete and total natural disaster geek (true fact, I actually want to study earthquakes as my career). Other than two cities in central Florida Oviedo (which had some come true in Feb of 07) and Winter Park are the only cities that currently have sirens installed! Shocking huh? So it appears that TPTB aren't at fault with the lack of siren, there going by whats actually appears to be true currently in Miami if my research is correct.

Mostly enjoyed the episode. Biggest pet peeve was concerning Ryan's injuries. You do not get sucked into a tornado, have the freaking kitchen sink land on top of you and be walking around a few hours later like nothing happened. That's not how it works. He should have been out of work for at least a couple of days.

Oh and for anyone wondering the article I was mainly referencing for the info about the sirens is this:
    http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/or...coming-to-central-florida-but-not-sirens.html

14. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

FINALLY! I watched Blown Away:D
    AND FINALLY I could get access for this site. For some weird reason I couldn't connect to server (or it was the new google chrome?)

^^About Walter I didn't mean to sound anything rude. It was just my observation after watching caps from the episode.

* Well I loved opening. It was thrilling and exciting.
    * I liked Ryan's loyalty to the DB, it was kinda funny to me.
    * Walter's face when he realized what happened. And of course his terribly guilty expression when they were looking for Ryan.
    * H's worry and that he called Ryan by his first name. Really cute moment. And how he approached him :adore:
    Left really fatherly feeling.
    * Bloody/injured/hurt Ryan :luvlove:
    * Eric and dog. Adorable moment.
    * Eric harassing injured man to get out a confession- BAD BAD BAD
    * Natalia's worried face when they mentioned Ryan- cute. I saw she really cares for him.
    * Ryan's doctor letting him go? Right after him being slammed into car's front with some piece of furniture (or smth) on top? SURREAL. I DOUBT it happens in real life.
    Though maybe they're trying to make him "a little H":confused:
    * Yeah forgeting Pascales was little odd though Ryan did all the way down to remembering. Still WEIRD
    * Ryan and Walter scene- ADORABLE:)
    Ooohhh that big bad TOWEL :eek:
    My third fav moment- the talk they shared.
    I think Ryan really eased Walter's guilt. He looked even happier in the end.
    I see their friendship as a very strong and loyal one. They trust each other and I tend to see it as a brother and brother type. They tease each other, looks out for other, cares.
    I really will be looking forward to see more of the duo. I belive it'll be yet another thing that sticks me to this show, aside the crime/investigation/science.

So this is basically all that truly caught my attention really early this morning (3 or 4 am)

15. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I figured he had to be involved somehow, but his big blue eyes and that innocent baby face fooled me again! Dammit Bamber! Stop being so cute that I just wanna squeal and pinch your cheeks instead of suspecting you of murder! :lol::p

Gotta say though, it was a rather sharp contrast for me to see him in this criminal villain role just after watching the episode where his heroic detective character Matt Devlin on Law&Order:UK gets gunned down while pushing a kid out of the line of fire and dies since Jamie was leaving the show.

I guess I was still sporting that Matt Devlin love watching Jamie in this episode! :luvlove:

All I could think about was how cute he was! LOL! Me fails! :drool: And he's back to speaking with an American accent! That's quite a change after spending the last 3 years watching him with his native British accent on Law&Order:UK! :D

Just watching Ryan/Walter's bond grow makes me really miss Jesse, I hadn't forgotten how much I loved seeing those three hang out, they were my 3 Musketeers! :(

------------------------------

As for the episode overall, if I throw away science and logic, then yeah, it was pretty fun. But then again, I was watching for Jamie Bamber in this one so as long as he was there, I was happy. ;)

And seriously, Eric needs to chill, like really! Watching him running around like a bulldozer with the emotional control of a plankton is just ridiculous. If I have to hear him get all mouthy one more time, I will shove him out a window! I mean honestly! He's always acting like a freakin' 5 year old throwing some tantrum fit! It makes me wish that he died instead of Jesse. If this is what I got Eric back for, then I'd wish he stayed away! :shifty::scream: