Season 9 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Solitaire, Jul 20, 2011.

1. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

Really enjoyed the roller derby episode. At least, the first 55 minutes of it. But then... what the :censored:? P-lease! How to ruin a good episode!

Get a grip, writers - that was just... unbelievable. Stupid. Ridiculous. It would be marginally better if I thought, even for a fraction of a second, that the incident was gonna come back and bite Horatio in the bum in a future episode, but I don't expect it will. It'll just be consigned to the "couldn't-be-bothered-to-think-it-through-or-follow-it-through" file, like so many other things. Fact is, nobody could just get away with that sort of thing. And how often has Horatio stopped other people doing the old self-proclaimed vigilante thing?

Shocking writing. Just how stupid do the writers think we are? :wtf: Pah!

Signed,
    Disgruntled of Sheffield!!

2. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

I think I followed only the opening for F-T-F only because of Ryan. Oh and that comment on him being stinky made it for the rest of the episode.
    The storyline itself led me to debate who was the killer and who was the initial target. But all the other things kinda got lost for me.

As for Wheels Up. I don't know. Ryan getting the blow was pretty much of all I was watching for.
    Maybe on Tuesday I'll get enough concentration to follow through all the plot not just my fav guy getting "kick ass"

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I also enjoyed the episode. Good storyline, poor Ryan getting hit by that skater. Seems a very dangerous sport, although it was pretty obvious from the beginning who the culprit was. And then the end..... as you say, how many times can H get away with this? And it makes it hypocritical that he arrests people who are doing the exact same thing. It is just violence for the sake of it, and does not put the police in a good light. Yes, im sure that kind of thing does happen, but this is happening too much and the guy wasnt even trying to resist arrest, and H didnt have to torture him to get urgent info to save a life. Its ruining the character.

The last epi was ok. Im glad they didnt have H kill Memmo. Maybe he has seen the error of his ways :rolleyes: It was rather a strange ending. Rest of the ep ok, lots of shooting. Thought Eric and H were rather heavy handed with Salavar- when they stormed into his office without a warrant and no clear proof that he was a criminal. Im sure he could complain about that. Ryan as the tour guide was fun, although even he was involved in the obligatory police brutality scene. Glad Memmo is out of the way, for now anyway.

4. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

5. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

I just got to watch Last Stand again.
    So loved Ryan and the note scene. How commanding he was. Reminded of H almost.
    Of course that bus driver moment made me laugh.
    Little odd when H made him act harsh towards that guy but then again I remember this is 'big bad H' season.
    Well at the chasing scene I wished it was Ryan not Eric (duh!)

Can't wait next episode. I've seen it already online (Ryan parts only *duh!*) but watching it again on tv is way too different drooling stage :lol:

6. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I just got round to watching last weeks epi, with the bully. Good epi, I liked hearing Ryan's tale of being bullied and it was sweet how the gang bought him a telescope. Awww. And the killer wasnt as obvious as most weeks, which is a refreshing change.

7. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Oh I just happened to watch that episode few hours ago.
    I totally adored it. The bully tale made my heart melt (even more than from just staring at him). I totally felt for him (I know he's just fictional character but still *hp-cough*).
    That ending scene completely melted my heart (not only that... i suspect my eyes too:lol:)

Oh boy, that man makes me totally loose my sanity...

8. marymagdalen

I thought it was a good episode too, and as the mom of a child who was seriously bullied at school, even to the extreme of being mugged and beaten up in the street, I can totally understand what drove the parents, especially in their case when everyone else was too scared of being sued, wrongly accused, etc, to stand up and do anything.

And as for last night's episode - Blood Lust - boy was she one screwed up screw-up!! Really enjoyed the episode though. Pity it had to be Natalia walking into trouble again though - at least the second time this season.

9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Im sorry to hear that about your child. Bullying is such a terrible thing.
    This weeks epi- Yes, Natalia in danger again. You can tell Calleigh is not around. I would have preferred it if she had gotten out on her own, but the scene where H saved her was pretty good.

10. marymagdalen

Thanks - actually, the mugging incident finally got the school (teachers and pupils alike) to take things seriously, and he hasn't been bothered once by anybody since then. Also, we took the little b******d to court and got him locked up for six months, and when he came out, he saw my son one day and crossed the street to avoid him!! Point made, methinks!

Back to the epi - I was trying to remember: was Calleigh even in this episode? I'll have to watch the rerun tonight and check that out!

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^That is good news. it is a shame that it had to go so far though before anything was done.
    No, Calleigh was not in the episode. I think this is the only one Emily missed.
    Its quite sad, the folie a deux thing. I knew a woman who killed herself, just last year, at the same time her Mum killed herself. They were diagnosed with that mental illness. The Mum was the primary, and I suppose that is the closest bond, Mother and daughter, so the daughter was affected.

12. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Wow sorry to hear.

Actually I used to be bullied at school too. Whole nine years (elementary and junior high). The last three (high) was fairly at ease because I changed school.
    I even went out on my best friend to make them stop bully me.
    But luckily after that 9 year torture I could show off bit of my true character and stand more on my feet (but i'm still too shy and insecure as a result of bullying).

Ok. Onto lighter note.
    I can't wait next epi- Blood Lust.
    I've watched it online but ffed only for Ryan scenes:lol:. So I basically lack plot.

13. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

Loved the episode last night. Best writing, best use of all characters and most engaging episode I have seen in a long time. For once I wanted Horatio to do something nasty to the guy at the end.

14. marymagdalen

He did - he made him pee his pants!! I loved that bit - making the guy crawl in the dirt and scaring the b'juicies out of him. I really enjoyed the whole episode actually. And tres multilingual aussi!

15. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Yes, loved it too (though I've seen it before). It's one of my favourites - all power to Adam for doing it so well. Hope he gets a chance to do another.