** Season 10 Spoiler Lab - Take Two **

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

You are right ,there was similar wording for the episode"One of Our Own" and it was indeed an officer that was shot.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That's true cause one time the spoilers said on CSI Vegas that a CSI would end up in a bodybag and the only one that got killed in the episode (other than the villain) was a random officer.

3. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Doesn't seem like there is a whole lot of interest for the upcoming episode. It's Friday and no one has even mentioned it. I was personally turned off by the gory preview but am hopeful there will be a backstory with the team.

I can't believe they are already developing Episode 10. If there are only 19 episodes, then the season will end early for them. I am sad just thinking about it.

4. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Yep, agreed. There's no telling who gets shot. Personally, I hope it's Frank. He could use a good story. Calleigh's had her turn to get hurt, and nobody will likely know or care about the random officer if he is shot.

They did something similar in the Season 4 finale: hyped the episode up as someone dying, even titled it "One of Our Own", and who dies? Officer Jessop. NOBODY GAVE A SHIT ABOUT JESSOP. Yeah, sure, we saw him a few times in some other episodes, so it wasn't a complete stranger, but still. NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT JESSOP.

I'm not particularly looking forward to it either. It honestly just seems like a rip-off of Criminal Minds, just without a BAU.

Well, remember that the number 19 isn't set in stone- CBS may order additional episodes. Whether or not they are likely to is a matter of speculation and opinion. I think it's still possible. Miami beat its main competition (not counting football), ABC's Pan Am, in both overall viewership and the prized 18-49 demo last week. If it continues to follow this pattern, I think there's at least a chance a few more episodes could be ordered.

5. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

The new episode thread for 10x04 Look Who's Taunting is up now. Please move any discussion for that episde to the new thread now. Thanks! :)

6. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I am definitely interested and looking forward to it, as I am to every episode. I don't know about a backstory, but apparently this new nemesis, played by Carlos Bernard, will play a big part in a Horatio-centric story throughout the season. After several outlandishly violent and brutal villains like Memmo, I'm intrigued by this different kind of opponent. I read the interview with Barry O'Brien, where he said that "Horatio may not fully understand the evil he is facing", and I think it will certainly be a challenge for Horatio and make for some gripping viewing for us.

We don't know for sure that there are only 19 episodes. Stay hopeful :)

7. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I logged on to twitter this morning and saw everyone's tweets that Eva is being written out of three episodes this season! :( I wonder if it will be some sort of character development thing where she can't come to work for some reason.... And she'll be mentioned often. But the more likely thing is she'll just disappear. :/ this is a bit weird to me. Why would they write a main character out of three episodes?

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

There's a short story on the main page and posted under the csifiles news portion.It was supposedly for "budgetary reasons" as if that would make any type of dent in Miami's budget.

9. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

Don't like the sound of this. For one thing I like the Natalia character, but even more serious is that if they need to get rid of Eva's smallish salary for 3 episodes for budget reasons then I very much doubt that we will be getting any extra episode more than 19. I also wonder whether they have decided to end the series as they feel that they don't have enough budget to even do 19 episode with full main cast. NOT GOOD!!!:wtf::eek::scream:

10. CSI_Miamilover

CSI_Miamilover Witness

this is a joke right!!? please tell me its a joke..
    No its not!! DAMN U WRITERS!!! :mad:

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    This decision would come from others higher up than the writers.

Definitely true.It would cost a lot more to produce several more episodes,much more than the salary of a cast member from a few episodes.

12. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Everybody, this has happened before with Eva. She disappeared for at least 3 episodes when Jesse was there, and also in prior seasons. It is just that we are aware of it now that Eva has twitter. I wouldn't read too much into this.

13. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Thanks for the info greatfan, I rarely look at that page lol.....

There have been episodes where Natalia was not around as much, but this is still odd to me. And for them to say they did it for budget reasons? If there are budget problems, there are other ways to save money....

14. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

If I remember correctly, O'Brien said that Natalia would struggle this season with what happened to her in the premiere and last season. And as I watched the preview of this weeks episode at one point it looks like someone sneaks up on Nat and she looks scared. Maybe I'm seeing things, I don't know. But maybe TPTB will write her out under the pretext of her needing some time to heal emotionally and psychologically. Who knows but I do agree that her not being there will not make that much of a dent in the budget. Please!

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That would be a departure from what is normally done. Others have been shot,gone into cardiac and respiratory arrest,been kidnapped, tortured etc.,all without needing time to heal,some have returned to work within hours.So why would this time be different?
    Most likely,there will be no mention of why she is missing,just like before.
    Yes it has happened before,but why Eva again?. If it's truly budgetary reasons,it should be something shared by all the cast members because the budget of the show has an impact on all of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.