"Maid Men" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I agree! That had bugged me ever since I first heard the spoiler! :lol:

I was also bugged that there was no mention of Warrick in all of that talk about Gedda. :(

Also...new sheriff!

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'm really not surprised at all that they didn't mention Warrick. During the episode I was thinking they might, but I wasn't disappointed when they didn't. Using my default comparison, NY, they killed off Aiden at the beginning of S2 and she's never been mentioned since. Stella left and they don't mention her. I honestly think the only reason they mention Grissom at all is because he's married to Sara and Sara is still on the show. If that wasn't the case I highly doubt they'd even mention him.

I'm not saying it's a always a good thing to just forget characters like they never existed, but it's understandable they'd stick to focusing on the characters they have left instead of mentioning characters who are gone.

3. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I really enjoyed this episode. The A case was more interesting to me than the B, but I'm a history guy and I wasn't really into the murdered housekeeper.

I loved the interaction between Greg and DB. The rolling of Greg's eyes as DB did his thing was great. And I was laughing my ass off at the "GREG!" "What did I do?!" scene. And the "I shot Greg" line was even better!! Awesome stuff! :guffaw:

Was surprised by the inclusion of Gedda. I was looking for any reference to Warrick, but I wasn't disappointed by the lack of it. It has been three years since his death so perhaps the team has managed get closure on that and decided not to dwell on it. I was really happy that we did get some Sam references though. Again, awesome!

I like the new lab tech. I have no problem with different names in the lab. People come from all over so its believable that not everyone working there would have an English-style name.

As I said before, the B case was meh. I liked seeing Mandy again. And for some reason I really enjoyed her talking back to Nick. I love it when she gets all tough. :lol:

I'm more convinced this time that the "love triangle" discussed before between Greg, Morgan and Nick isn't that. She was working alongside Nick at several points and she never even hinted any interest in him. I think what we saw last week was more of a ploy to mess with Greg.

This was what, the fourth episode of the season? So far, every episode has been a hit for me. I'm loving Danson on the show and the new group dynamic. I just hope they keep it up.

4. Smokey

I really don't think there will even be a "love triangle". I think any slight hint of it that we've gotten so far is probably all there is to it. :)

They did talk about Warrick in the premiere last season, so at least there has been some indication that he is still on their minds at times. :) I just couldn't stand looking at that figure of Gedda there. Ick.

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I liked the first few half hour or so. Oscar Goodman was great. I loved him. He needs to come back to CSI.

Someone please answer me this, what was with all the yelling from DB? Mainly to Greg. Then to Catherine. I know he's trying to be eccentric and all, but I got annoyed at that real fast.

Marg did look great in that black dress. I laughed when DB took her picture. She was stunned. ;)

I was wondering about all the Gedda references and yet not a single Warrick one. :confused: :wtf:

I like Morgan but I think she was a bit too zealous in trying to convict the prince. I know it's hard not to think that he was guilty. (Nice job by the writers there) but she was a little to gung ho about it. Sort of turned me off. And you knew he wasn't going to be the big schmuck in the end. I saw that coming.

6. PerfectAnomaly

I think that was his paternal side coming out at work. With four kids - all teenage boys if I remember correctly - he probably does a lot of yelling for them at home.

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I enjoyed this episode very much.

8. byline

byline CSI Level One

I would agree with that, had they not brought back Gedda. But since they bothered to bring back Gedda (as a museum exhibit), you'd think they'd also mention Warrick.

9. PerfectAnomaly

Thinking about this a bit more today . . . since they mentioned Gedda only in reference to the exhibit and DB was heading up the investigation I personally think it would've been a bit weird to bring up Warrick.

10. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

I loved this episode, one of my favourites!

I hope Greg and DB work together more, they were so entertaining :D I love DB more in every episode! And Greg in a tux :drool:

The labrats were great in this episodes, good to see Mandy, I enjoyed the scene she was in and Hodges. I expected not to like the new ballistics tech as I didn't like the actress in Lie to Me, but she's been good in this and seems to fit unlike other new tech's they've tried in recent years.

I thought the Mayor was really good in his scenes! (and not being from the US, I would have thought he was just an actor if it weren't for this site)

I would like to see Catherine working a separate case to DB soon, they seen to have been on the same ones so far, and while DB has been interacting with the other characters I don't feel like Catherine has much.

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I really liked the episode. Naturally, I prefererred the B case. ;)

Nick in purple. :drool:

He really guided Morgan in this case without being bossy and taking over. I was rooting Morgan on with how she acted toward the Prince. The guy started off as an ass and he more than deserved the behavior.

However, at the end giving money to the family (which I was hoping he was going to do), was really cool and proved that he does have a heart. You can see that Morgan regretted treated him the way she did, but she didn't do anything wrong. Just responded to how he was acting.

Nick always seems to easily get along with any newbie and that probably has more to do with GE. GE always seems to get along with everyone and that carries over to Nick.

Nick with Mandy. :lol: Those two always crack me up. 'We're both wearing purple, so we're on the same page' and then her giving Nick 'permission' to step up to AFIS. :lol:

Mayor Goldman. I thought he was great. :lol: And he goes to defend the suspect after she tried to kill him. :lol:

Loving DB in this episode, as well. I actually did love him yelling for Catherine and Greg. I thought it was funny. :lol: Greg acting like a kid in trouble. :lol:

This epi definitely had it's funny moments.

12. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

This was a good episode, the cases were not quite as strong as the previous ones this season, especially the A case, but I still enjoyed it :).

Even though there was less Greg than I expected, his scenes in the episode were great and memorable; his passion for Vegas' history never gets old, it's adorable how he goes all fanboy over it and stuff :adore:. I'm glad he had a chance to work with D.B. Russell, finally. Their scenes together were just too funny :lol:, I can't decide which one was my favorite; either when D.B. asked Greg to 'shoot him in the face' or when he kept shouting his name and the first time he did Greg was like: 'what did I do?' like he got in trouble LOL. Is it just me, or does D.B. seem to treat Greg more like a kid-in a way? I mean the fact that he yelled for him twice and his attitude when interacted with him in certain scenes seemed a little paternal (that might be one of the reasons he was a little annoyed with D.B.; and probably after 11 years he's sick of being treated like a kid, even though he is the youngest, with the exception of Morgan). Also, how could I forget to mention, Greggo looked sooooooo gorgeous in that tux, he needs to wear one more often :drool:

It sucks that we didn't see Sara, I really thought she was going to be in this episode :(.

Nick and Morgan work well together, maybe I should watch the episode again, but it seems like they kept their interactions on a platonic level in this episode, she wasn't even showing any subtle hints of being interested in him, it was more of a friendly-based interaction (which might mean that they could be either dropping the whole love triangle thing, or it's not going to involve Nick/Morgan/Greg). wow, Nick was looking so fine in purple :), I don't think I've seen him wear that color before, and I've missed his flirting banter with Mandy. That was so cute the way he was hovering over her and making that comment on how they were both wearing the same color.

I'm really loving D.B. so far, and I like how he's quirky and weird (in a good way), but at the same time he's not quite like Grissom, they seem to be trying to make him his own character.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  13. byline

byline CSI Level One

I understand what you're saying. But when Catherine said they shot Gedda "again," I was waiting for some reference to Warrick, even if only in passing.

14. Smokey

Since DB is new in town and to the team, they could have added, "He got one of our guys killed" or something like that. I don't know....just seemed out of place to have it be a criminal we know of and not refer to what he'd done. Could have just been a random unknown to us criminal for all they did with it.

15. Smokey

Scheduled to repeat Wednesday, 2/1. :)