Episode 10x03 - 'Blown Away' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 8, 2011.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Ah, okay. Thanks! :) I don't know a whole lot about the rating systems for storms.

2. elliecatt

elliecatt Dead on Arrival

not many of us do unless you live in the pit of doom we like to call the Midwest!:devil: but the weathermen out here do love to hear themselves prattle on and on during the high severe weather months. you kinda learn the terms by osmosis. that being said, I must correct myself and tell you that it is "scale" rather than "score"!:lol:

3. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I liked this episode. Lot of good problem solving and character scenes made this watchable.

-I"m glad they didn't go down the route of developing a rift between Walter and Ryan but they sure had me thinking it was going to happen. The rift between teammates angle has pretty much run its course.

-So now we have Ryan "hulking up" and returning to solve the crime. If you ask me, he should either have had a back injury or be in a body cast based on what happened to him.

-Waaaaay to overreact without getting concrete evidence Delko. You know the real reason they guy didn't open his eyes when you went to see him again? He was po'ed (Ok maybe not)

-I almost thought the dude who shot in the throat did it.

-I never suspected the weather chasers...not at all

Rating 4/5

4. GregNickRyanFan

I did. Jamie Bamber was one of them... he's a fairly big name and the villain is usually played by the most known guest actor lol.

5. spunky86

spunky86 Hit and Run

Gave it an A-.

Eric I love you but you need to tone it down about 5 notches. I have to say as an Eric fan I loved seeing him eating some humble pie after the way he acted at the hospital, hopfully this will calm him down and he could put away mini H.

Walter's guilt and Ryan's graditude were heartfelt.

The cadet freezing while his girlfriend was being murdered was a very human reaction. I felt his shame and pain when he was talking to H.

I loved the cute dog and Eric playing with him, it was a nice scene.

Eric's joke about the dog being a new boyfriend for Caleigh was cute.

Please PTB either Eric and Caleigh are together or they're not, this whole on again off again relationship is getting old fast. We went through this with Danny and Lindsey on NY, this is not General Hospital.

6. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

elliecatt, Joplin has been in our thoughts and prayers. btw, our family lives in St Louis. They got pounded at least 3 times this year.
    That storm looked pretty hokey to me. Where was the baseball-sized hail? Nowhere near enough rain.

Aw c'mon Ryan, take your towel off. That's just not fair!!

Though I'm a fan of the early Miami, this season is turning out pretty good. So far.

7. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

As someone from Alabama who lived through April 27th and the tornado warning sirens around here sounding off every 30 minutes even though we never had a single tornado here where I'm at (says a litttle prayer of thanks). I have just one problem with this episode: WHERE WERE THE TORNADO SIRENS??? When H and Eric were in the Hummer racing to get to the crime scene where Ryan and Walter were, we should've heard some tornado sirens going off. I don't remember hearing a one. I remember hearing the ones around here April 27th. Here's how the sirens around here do: Minute or 2 of whirrrrrrr followed by a loud, so calm it's annoying male voice saying "ATTENTION! ATTENTION! A TORNADO WARNING IS IN EFFECT. SEEK SHELTER NOW." Then it whirrrrs some more, then it repeats the message, then it cuts off. Honestly, didn't the production people during production of this episode think about the fact that not everyone is gonna be near tv or radio to hear about the warnings? Just because they're in a car doesn't mean they're listening to the radio. They might have the car radio off or if they have a cd player built-in, be playing a cd thinking it's just another rainy day in Miami...till they see an actual tornado coming towards them, tearing up everything in its path.

Back in April after all those tornadoes touched down in Phil Campbell, Hackelburg, Harvest...all towns in here in North Alabama...when the news would show the aftermath of those tornadoes, if there was a room left standing it would be a closet or a bathroom. So Red John, you're right about it not being too unnatural. In fact, some of the people the news reporters talked to survived because they hid in a closet or bathroom.

Now back to the episode...
    Lack of tornado sirens aside, this was a good episode. I wish we had grade polls with these threads like we do over in the CSI: NY section. I'd vote for A+. That's how good I thought this episode was, even with the lack of tornado sirens.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  8. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Maybe Miami doesn't have tornado sirens since tornadoes are pretty rare to the area??

9. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Good point. But here's what I think is an equally good counterpoint. Miami can be hit by hurricanes and hurricanes can produce tornadoes. So, why not have tornado sirens?

10. spencerreidfan

Don't know. It would be interesting to find out if they really do have them in Miami-Dade County.

11. luf100

luf100 Coroner

That's what I keep thinking, if they don't have them there often. I live in Canada so we don't have tornado sirens, but I remember talking to a friend of mine that lives in Texas and she seemed really surprised about that. So I don't really know if it's normal or not for ALL the States to have sirens, just in case, or not. :confused:

12. GregNickRyanFan

I could have sworn I heard sirens during the episode. :shrugs:

13. spencerreidfan

Possibly the sirens of the CSI unit?

14. GregNickRyanFan

Could have been.

15. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Catching up on previous posts, I'd say they've made Ryan superhuman as they did with H most of the time. So I'm not surprised he walked away again (like he's doing it all the time)

Well about sirens, I have never heard them. I live in region that needs only extreme heat/extreme cold/snow ones. Though we got some for something like sudden war etc, several years back. They can be loud when near and open air. In noisy, closed spaces (shops, condos, cars) useless. Actually I was reading that book about Florida ('96 though but still) so I'll check out if Miami has those hurricane/tornado warning sirens or not.